NYS DEC recognized

Enigma

17 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

NYS is killing itself allowing this leasing garbage .

What leasing garbage do you mean? It's everyone's dream to have a lease they can control? It's like that all over the country? There is almost no public land in some states like Texas.  I hunt 25,000 acres of public all within 1 hour of driving in my part of the state.

1 hour ago, Robby said:

When it was 'The Conservation Department' its' leadership consisted of men that worked their way up through the ranks, they were respected by the rank and file, the flora and fauna of NY was their focus, the Conservationist magazine was read throughout the land. Now that its the Department of environmental Conservation, The leadership is a political hack that may have not one clue about trees, fish and game, regional HQ's are appointed not on merit and ability, The "Conservationest " magazine has become, like the department as a whole, a politically correct crap show that just echoes the left wing crap from the top. And yet, many still vote in these lefties that care nothing for our individual rights anymore than they have concern over the actual environment.

My local guys are decent men. Helpful with our problems. No system is perfect but we are fortunate to have the deer numbers we do and the public land available that we have. Politics suck, politicians are scum, it doesn't matter which side they fall on.

2 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

What leasing garbage do you mean? It's everyone's dream to have a lease they can control? It's like that all over the country? There is almost no public land in some states like Texas.  I hunt 25,000 acres of public all within 1 hour of driving in my part of the state.

No,it’s not everyone’s dream .Not mine anyway .I meant NY also .Leasing is only affordable to people with money .Out of staters tie up a lot of land .How do keep up the numbers of young hunters when they have nowhere to hunt ?Yea we have state land but that’s not saying much .
I also know landowners need help to supplement their tax payments also ,so this does help .I remember the days when farmers allowed multi use on their property ,now one group who leases has full control .Don’t like it .But what can I do .

Let me add ,I know a few groups who lease ,refuse to shoot any doe at all .Bad management.

10 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

No,it’s not everyone’s dream .Not mine anyway .I meant NY also .Leasing is only affordable to people with money .Out of staters tie up a lot of land .How do keep up the numbers of young hunters when they have nowhere to hunt ?Yea we have state land but that’s not saying much .
I also know landowners need help to supplement their tax payments also ,so this does help .I remember the days when farmers allowed multi use on their property ,now one group who leases has full control .Don’t like it .But what can I do .

Let me add ,I know a few groups who lease ,refuse to shoot any doe at all .Bad management.

I work hard to kill public land deer, but I hunt it. 25,000 acres and for October I never see a soul. I usually also have at least 1 encounter with potential to kill a deer in gun season also. I also have 3000 acres private and do alot of work to be part of it. I pay almost no money but do spend alot of time there working. I agree that many of the properties are managed poorly we kill 30+ does to keep buck to doe ratio correct so I'm with you. Dm me if you are interested in being part of our lease. It's very reasonable if you can spare a couple days in the summer to work also.