Custom Saddle Grip "DOG SADDLE"

I got a wild hair to build a new saddle mount for holding firearms that dont have MLok and Keymod Handrails, AKA Standard hunting rifles etc.. And still sit on a ball head or Leveling Base of a Tripod of some sort to have full range of motion.. 

The Arca on this application is bolt on. The next one I will make will be machined directly into it, as one piece. 

I just need to find somewhere that can black anodize if they aren't to expensive 

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

file.jpeg

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I got a wild hair to build a new saddle mount for holding firearms that dont have MLok and Keymod Handrails, AKA Standard hunting rifles etc.. And still sit on a ball head or Leveling Base of a Tripod of some sort to have full range of motion.. 

The Arca on this application is bolt on. The next one I will make will be machined directly into it, as one piece. 

I just need to find somewhere that can black anodize if they aren't to expensive 

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

file.jpeg

Very nice , how about instead of anodizing you have it dipped in camo . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I'm in for one.....let me know where to venmo.
There is a guy in the Buffalo area who will anodized that pretty cheap. He did a riser for me this summer from a bow that was red and I wanted it balck.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Do you have a name or number i could contact? Thank you 

I have a cheap synthetic stock on one of my 22-250 predator rifles. So i made a direct bolt on application of an arca plate for my tripod setups yesterday ..  made out of Delrin and to fit the bottom contour of my stock exactly .. notice the tapered radius   

IMG_7236.jpg

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I'm really jealous of you machinist types. it's amazing you guys can make stuff like this in your free time. 

I get my work done as needed and have fun as well. And am not an a$$hole so i can do basically what I want.. lol. I have made so much stuff. They do not allow bang sticks or components in the buiding or else Id be doing some really fun stuff! Starting to machine chokes now. I also Made two of these saddle platforms(not finished in the pic) for my son and I to saddle hunt and be mobile with..    Anything you can think of that I can save money on i make it.. Cause i am cheap, and its fun lol 

IMG_7237.PNG

• Like 5