New (to me) Schrade

Just grabbed a new (old) schrade.  I’m not sure which model it is.  I have a Loveless so I know this is different, but similar.  Blade is in perfect shape and handle is close, just some signs of age.  Brass is a little tarnished from being stored in leather sheath.  What is the best way to polish this?  A quick google search came up with 3 different products (as well as toothpaste and ketchup)… but I figured I’d ask the experts. 

E91D3285-FA46-4D85-A1F6-E4CED6F6B2F7.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, johnplav said:

Real loveless is on my list to add to the collection… they are pricey and have a nude woman on them!! 

I don't think they all have the nudes on them?  The ones that do have a her naked front side on one side of the blade and naked back side on the other side of the blade. Great knives! 

George Herron is another deceased maker well respected who I like also.  I have a few from Geno Denning, a protege of Mr. George.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I don't think they all have the nudes on them?  The ones that do have a her naked front side on one side of the blade and naked back side on the other side of the blade. Great knives! 

George Herron is another deceased maker well respected who I like also.  I have a few from Geno Denning, a protege of Mr. George.

Correct… not all have the nude.  But if I’m ever gonna spring for one it sure will. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Added another one to the collection.  Older PH2 in great shape. 

F6FBC1F1-2F07-46EE-9ECB-4C06924EA4F7.jpeg

Im having a knife maker make me a few similar knife to the ph2 with damascus blades and burl handles.   $125 apiece.  Took him one of my ph2 to copy shape. Though ricasso will be on new knife for ease of sharpening..  imo ph2 was one of the best designs for a hunting  knife. 

• Like 1

Just now, G-Man said:

Im having a knife maker make me a few similar knife to the ph2 with damascus blades and burl handles.   $125 apiece.  Took him one of my ph2 to copy shape. Though ricasso will be on new knife for ease of sharpening..  imo ph2 was one of the best designs for a hunting  knife. 

That's gonna be such a sweet knife.  The size and shape of PH2 is great.