I got the COOV!

Don_C

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Guy you have 3 posts and this is where you choose to chime in…. Must be a member who is currently on time out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no idea what you are talking about. I didn't know I had to be a long standing member to give my honest opinion. I apologize dear sir.

• Like 2

Get well x2 soon and congrats on the grand daughter 

Grandson actually!!! Coming in May! We couldn’t be more excited.

Thanks to all for the kind words. This is not fun, but it’s basically a mild flu for me right now - with a cough that sounds like a sound effect from Jurassic Park. I’m sure I’ll be good to go in a few days. My biggest concerns are my pregnant daughter in law who is improving today from what I hear, and our 2 y/o grand daughter who is still dealing with this in a pretty serious way after three weeks. It has just been a rough 5 weeks now in our family.

• Like 1

Don c congrats on the grandson. Hope everyone feels better quickly.

I am new to the forum. Hunt in swny, nwpa. I got COVID on Dec 23. Then turned into COVID pneumonia and was hospitalized from Dec 27th through today. I finally got discharged with oxygen. I have never had any other health conditions and am 40 years young. I am conservative and had hospital staff tell me they have vaccinated and unvaccinated both in the hospital.   There has been no difference in the hospitalizations. All I know is I don't wish this upon even my worst enemy. It sucks and I hope that my recovery is quick. I was told that recovery can be long, even  forever scarring of the lungs.

• Like 1

I am new to the forum. Hunt in swny, nwpa. I got COVID on Dec 23. Then turned into COVID pneumonia and was hospitalized from Dec 27th through today. I finally got discharged with oxygen. I have never had any other health conditions and am 40 years young. I am conservative and had hospital staff tell me they have vaccinated and unvaccinated both in the hospital.   There has been no difference in the hospitalizations. All I know is I don't wish this upon even my worst enemy. It sucks and I hope that my recovery is quick. I was told that recovery can be long, even  forever scarring of the lungs.

Damn…sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hope you are now on the right path to recovery.
Welcome aboard

My son, girlfriend, and 4 of our friends all got it right around New Years. My son was back to normal after 3 days. My girlfriend has Lupus, and she’s still having a little congestion and fatigue. The other 4 are about the same as my girlfriend.  My girlfriend and son are not vaxed, the rest of them are, and the Vax did not help them with it at all. Same symptoms, has lasted the same amount of time so far, and the symptoms were the same level of strength. Somehow I didn’t get it, even though I was staying home and sleeping right next to my girlfriend the whole time. I’m not vaxed, but had Covid at the beginning. 

Vitamin C, D, and Zinc were what almost everyone has been taking. My girlfriend also took Ivermectin and something else that I can’t remember offhand. 

Take it easy, stay hydrated and keep an eye on things. Hopefully you get past it pretty quick and easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 69mako said:

I'm going to guess at least 75 percent of this forum has had covid, whether they knew it or not, probably more. How many members died????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, not many here have died, but you are about to be banned. This will be the second time for you. Don’t come back. 

The internet isn’t anonymous. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well, not many here have died, but you are about to be banned. This will be the second time for you. Don’t come back. 

The internet isn’t anonymous. 

Wait so I was right he was a member on time out?

Who is he

Wow, that is terrible, I hope you are now on the path to a full recovery. I have three sisters who all work in healthcare and are much more educated than I, they tell me the same stories. They struggle with the politics and media hype of it all, but see it’s impact every day, and don’t pretend it’s not real. I kinda follow their lead on it. Sure for most of us this will be a nasty cold or flu, but that doesn’t change the fact that is so much more for so many.

I am 57, in good health but with an underlying issue that puts me at high risk, my doctor wants me to do the infusion treatment or the new anti viral pill (??) I’ll learn more today. I have to say I am just getting up for the day and feel much much better than yesterday. The cough is still ridiculous, but I’m taking Benzonatate that seems to work pretty well.

Welcome to the group. Where do you hunt in SWNY? We have a lease in Ellington.

• Like 1

My father and I have a camp in onoville, ny. I hunt in there and in Allegheny, ny. I live outside of Warren, pa. I have my youngest daughter who did the youth mentor hunt this yr and shot a 9 pt on the first day of pa. 

When I was in the hospital, I listened to nurses and respiratory therapist who were awesome and told me what was going on. They all said there will be stats that come out down the road and will change how everyone views the information provided. 

For anyone who has had COVID, I hope you get the milder side of it. Like I said before I don't wish this upon even my worst enemy as it is nasty. For anyone who has been hospitalized it is the worst, total isolation, you can call/facetime loved ones but no visitors. You mind races through all the bad thoughts. All I could do is battle, which I will continue to do everyday to get better and stay positive. I will have outpatient therapy, physical therapy, and pulmonary rehab. 

The little things are what I missed while hospitalized, getting a shower, being at home, walking around. I hope the road to recovery will be good. 

45334.jpeg

• Like 4

BPS, I'm glad to hear that you have been discharged; best of luck with recovery. We are seeing both vaxed and unvaxed in the hospital, but this isn't surprising given the much higher percentage of vaxed in the population. Vaccination appears to provide anywhere from 6-15 fold protection, depending on where you get your stats. Omicron is certainly less deadly, but everybody and their brother is getting it, and so it becomes a numbers game. Staff shortages are killing us though. Good luck moving forward. Everybody else, stay healthy! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bigplayshay said:

Yes I am a new member. Just was talking of what I was going through. Sorry if it's the wrong forum to chime in on.  Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers.  

I think you're fine man, it looks like there was an issue with another "new" member. Glad to have you join the forum and contribute. I hope you and your family continue the recovery. 

13 hours ago, 69mako said:

I'm going to guess at least 75 percent of this forum has had covid, whether they knew it or not, probably more. How many members died????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'll bite. We have members disappear all the time. You and I have no idea what anyone really has going on in their life. And for sure a dead member isn't coming back to let us know they died of covid. Outside of the 20 or so members that know each other outside of this forum we would never know. 

• Like 1

My father and I have a camp in onoville, ny. I hunt in there and in Allegheny, ny. I live outside of Warren, pa. I have my youngest daughter who did the youth mentor hunt this yr and shot a 9 pt on the first day of pa. 

When I was in the hospital, I listened to nurses and respiratory therapist who were awesome and told me what was going on. They all said there will be stats that come out down the road and will change how everyone views the information provided. 

For anyone who has had COVID, I hope you get the milder side of it. Like I said before I don't wish this upon even my worst enemy as it is nasty. For anyone who has been hospitalized it is the worst, total isolation, you can call/facetime loved ones but no visitors. You mind races through all the bad thoughts. All I could do is battle, which I will continue to do everyday to get better and stay positive. I will have outpatient therapy, physical therapy, and pulmonary rehab. 
The little things are what I missed while hospitalized, getting a shower, being at home, walking around. I hope the road to recovery will be good. 
45334.thumb.jpeg.032df4249baca0513a5aea823b7cede8.jpeg

You your road may be long but. Won’t be as tough as you think. You will get strength from your family.. most of all your daughter. It will make the road easier because you know what you have to do and why.

Welcome aboard, I wish you the best