I got the COOV!

Don_C

Yes I am a new member. Just was talking of what I was going through. Sorry if it's the wrong forum to chime in on.  Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers.  

We were not taking about you there was a former member who returned and started crap in this thread you are all good and welcome by all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My son, girlfriend, and 4 of our friends all got it right around New Years. My son was back to normal after 3 days. My girlfriend has Lupus, and she’s still having a little congestion and fatigue. The other 4 are about the same as my girlfriend.  My girlfriend and son are not vaxed, the rest of them are, and the Vax did not help them with it at all. Same symptoms, has lasted the same amount of time so far, and the symptoms were the same level of strength. Somehow I didn’t get it, even though I was staying home and sleeping right next to my girlfriend the whole time. I’m not vaxed, but had Covid at the beginning. 

Vitamin C, D, and Zinc were what almost everyone has been taking. My girlfriend also took Ivermectin and something else that I can’t remember offhand. 

Take it easy, stay hydrated and keep an eye on things. Hopefully you get past it pretty quick and easy. 

I'll just throw this out there for consideration, not in an attempt to argue/dispute or to change anyone's mind. But as others have mentioned the virus is unpredictable. Those that have those symptoms that are the same and also vaxed may have got it worse, we just don't know. Those that are vaxed in the hospital... are they healthy 30 somethings or older/sicker? The human body is not the same and there are too many variables to make blanket statements.

Everyone has a choice to make with the vaccine and I support that choice 100%. But I dislike the internet doctors and anecdotal stories that try and wrap a bow around what is and isn't true with this crazy time we're all going through. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigplayshay said:

My father and I have a camp in onoville, ny. I hunt in there and in Allegheny, ny. I live outside of Warren, pa. I have my youngest daughter who did the youth mentor hunt this yr and shot a 9 pt on the first day of pa. 

When I was in the hospital, I listened to nurses and respiratory therapist who were awesome and told me what was going on. They all said there will be stats that come out down the road and will change how everyone views the information provided. 

For anyone who has had COVID, I hope you get the milder side of it. Like I said before I don't wish this upon even my worst enemy as it is nasty. For anyone who has been hospitalized it is the worst, total isolation, you can call/facetime loved ones but no visitors. You mind races through all the bad thoughts. All I could do is battle, which I will continue to do everyday to get better and stay positive. I will have outpatient therapy, physical therapy, and pulmonary rehab. 

The little things are what I missed while hospitalized, getting a shower, being at home, walking around. I hope the road to recovery will be good. 

45334.jpeg

Wow! Beautiful Deer. She is going to be hooked! Welcome to the forum. Wishing you a speedy recovery....

7 hours ago, Belo said:

I'll just throw this out there for consideration, not in an attempt to argue/dispute or to change anyone's mind. But as others have mentioned the virus is unpredictable. Those that have those symptoms that are the same and also vaxed may have got it worse, we just don't know. Those that are vaxed in the hospital... are they healthy 30 somethings or older/sicker? The human body is not the same and there are too many variables to make blanket statements.

Everyone has a choice to make with the vaccine and I support that choice 100%. But I dislike the internet doctors and anecdotal stories that try and wrap a bow around what is and isn't true with this crazy time we're all going through. 

Quick response: I think I may have mentioned this earlier, and my numbers are likely pre-omicron, but at one point the average age of vaxed patients at Strong was ~72, most with underlying co-morbidities, while unvaxed was ~53 and mixed healthy/underlying. That brought it home for me, but everybody needs to make up their own mind. Just please don't kill the messenger lol!

I wish we knew better why it picks on some folks so hard. Million dollar question.

Edited by knehrke

Quick response: I think I may have mentioned this earlier, and my numbers are likely pre-omicron, but at one point the average age of vaxed patients at Strong was ~72, most with underlying co-morbidities, while unvaxed was ~53 and mixed healthy/underlying. That brought it home for me, but everybody needs to make up their own mind. Just please don't kill the messenger lol!
I wish we knew better why it picks on some folks so hard. Million dollar question.

It seems like it for sure picks on the unvaxxed more than the vaxed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i got it, just got over it 2 weeks of coughing on and off .  Not a pleasant experience . I have a blood oxgen sensor i used at times it was down to 89 % 90% which is near the danger zone . I can see this giving someone a with a bad heart a heart attack real easy when I'm healthy my blood oxgen level was between 97 and 99% . Its back up to that now . I would not just blow it off as nothing . But the glass full in me says it waa nothing but a bad cold .  My father thats vaxed gave it to me  so dont think your safe from this just because you got the shot .  I took zink d c and garlic pills seemed to help .