Prices Of Food/Beverages- [email protected]#%!

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

0e39b3b82167a94e38d4b1c640ca81b3.jpg
It doesn't cost more if you can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's more than my local Tops has! They were wiped out on a lot of other things as well. Canned food, fresh veggies, cold cuts. Lots of potato chips and beer though, so there's that.

• Like 3

So I pull up,to the oil change place , only one car inside and nobody waiting , hum . Get inside ,guy says let me see if we have the oil you need, nope . Yep deliveries of their oil,is spotty, they don’t know when or IF they’ll get any , they did have ,the oil filter as some of those are out of stock as well .

I heard about the filters over the summer which is why I bought some for the Subaru as I knew I’d need to change it prior to,heading South .

Then he went into how he cant get a snowmobile trailer , been trying for six months , I told him it’s been four , for my trailer tires .

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So I pull up,to the oil change place , only one car inside and nobody waiting , hum . Get inside ,guy says let me see if we have the oil you need, nope . Yep deliveries of their oil,is spotty, they don’t know when or IF they’ll get any , they did have ,the oil filter as some of those are out of stock as well .

I heard about the filters over the summer which is why I bought some for the Subaru as I knew I’d need to change it prior to,heading South .

Then he went into how he cant get a snowmobile trailer , been trying for six months , I told him it’s been four , for my trailer tires .

Same situation here with local auto stores in chili center and spencerport NAPA...hard to find some parts and no clue when they will be in

I, like many others saw this shit coming from a mile away!

In anticipation my wife and I planted a large garden last year, and we canned and/or froze basically everything we grew.

Many of our friends and family rolled their eyes at us, told us we were over reacting, and at least a couple figured us to be the so called "tin hat wearing conspiracy theorists"! When they asked, "why, why, why" we were doing all this growing and preparing, our response was always, "just in case we need to feed ourselves, our family and friends".

Still they had us pegged as alarmists when I said gas prices and heating costs will go out of control, food will become scarce, people will refuse to work and instead choose to sit on their ass and collect what ever they can rather than work, that there would be a flood of illegal people across our borders along with  a steady flow of drugs to poison our young people , and that the pandemic would continue to dominate every level of our existence.

All of a sudden, those same people are no longer rolling their eyes, and in fact many have become very very quiet indeed. 

With a cellar of shelves filled with canned food and other supplies, we are not about to add insult to injury by saying "I told you so". And, the lessons we learned a long time ago from my (our) grandparents who described  what life was like during the depression were not wasted on deaf ears. There is evil in this world, bad things do happen, and history has shown us this time and time again. Those who refuse to accept or believe the reality of this are either ignorant, stupid, willingly blind followers, or in on it. 

Our door and cellar remain will remain open forever (as long as I am alive) to share with our loved ones, no matter where they stood before this predictable, inevitable came to fruition.

Even though we have some 300 plus jars of canned goods,  we plan to at least double the size of last years garden and hopefully its yield .   I think we may have more than a few family and friends willing to step up and help a bit his year with the work. And as a next step, with a woodlot full of downed trees, the wood stove goes in soon to take the bite out of heating oil costs!

This year we may not be the tin hat wearing Little Red Hens!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, farmer 52 said:

Thank You joe and every dope that voted for him

I agree, Biden has done nothing to help the situation, infact, he made it worse. However the shortages, and inflation began a year prior. And Trump did sign off on the spending bills. He shouldn't have.

Both parties have spent out of control. Niether will take accountability,  and will continue to blame the otherside. We, as citizens are just beginning to feel the effects from Washington. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I agree, Biden has done nothing to help the situation, infact, he made it worse. However the shortages, and inflation began a year prior. And Trump did sign off on the spending bills. He shouldn't have.

Both parties have spent out of control. Niether will take accountability,  and will continue to blame the otherside. We, as citizens are just beginning to feel the effects from Washington. 

That's because each party only cares about spending/debt/deficit when the other party is in power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been watching pork prices lately wondering if they'd ever come back down. My local Wegmans is not only stocked, but the price per pound on pork shoulder dropped from 1.99/lb to 1.49/lb. I think I'll grab a few to make sausages with and a few more to put in the freezer, just in case.

Also, at the same store, ground beef lately has been hard to come by. I asked the butcher if there was anything to that, and he just said that they can't get it from their processors. He said the whole supply chain seems to be disrupted but that hopefully it'll correct in the near future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

I've been watching pork prices lately wondering if they'd ever come back down. My local Wegmans is not only stocked, but the price per pound on pork shoulder dropped from 1.99/lb to 1.49/lb. I think I'll grab a few to make sausages with and a few more to put in the freezer, just in case.

Also, at the same store, ground beef lately has been hard to come by. I asked the butcher if there was anything to that, and he just said that they can't get it from their processors. He said the whole supply chain seems to be disrupted but that hopefully it'll correct in the near future.

I hope so. People can get downright mean when their Food gets served late in restaurants.  Can't  imagine  if someone could not get their fav brand of Soda for a week. Might be some raised  voices in the aisles. 

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Gov't is injecting more than $1B for small meat producers. Magically prices fall from the big suppliers.

15 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Signs of the Times,I Guess. I always mentally tabulate my price totals as,I shop. I reach $100 Bucks much faster now. Just Saying.

Don't worry Joe has you covered. Remember this post back in Oct. When you were so happy:

This is Great! I Retired just at the right time and my 1st Payment is in November.  I am eligible  for the COLA Increase as well in January. 

According  to this Video- 5.9%=  $92 extra Bucks a Month!

Hope Those over 65 and on Medicare don't  see a huge chunk taken out of this increase.

Sad part is it is only going to get worse:(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, virgil said:

That's because each party only cares about spending/debt/deficit when the other party is in power.

True that but one must admit… When the Orange man was in charge my all over life was much better. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I hope so. People can get downright mean when their Food gets served late in restaurants.  Can't  imagine  if someone could not get their fav brand of Soda for a week. Might be some raised  voices in the aisles. 

It sure makes a guy (or gal of course) thankful they have some martial arts training huh?

9 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's more than my local Tops has! They were wiped out on a lot of other things as well. Canned food, fresh veggies, cold cuts. Lots of potato chips and beer though, so there's that.

I wonder how their distribution algorithm works?

I shop at a Tops here downstate and shelves are more or less full. There’s a few thin spots here and there on particular items.  I bought chicken, some pork, ground beef today, and there was plenty to choose from.

Interesting enough the prices are similar in stores I visit upstate; but we have a much higher wage rate here that must increase operating expense.