What a Dump

I like you Chef- I think we should hang out sometime!! Blackbelt Bill has said before youre a nice guy and although you dont come across that way on the forum, I believe him!! 

Hahaha you could ask the 20+ members I have met… I am a nice guy.

I’d bet you are too.

Also sometimes it’s fun to stir the pot online. Let’s just say I work from home most of the time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The profit on a gallon of gas for the refineries and the retailer remains the same no matter what the price.  Cost goes up, price goes up.  Competition keeps the price and the profit inline.  The government makes the most money on every gallon of gas with the tax they add to each gallon.  NY gets 46 cents per gallon in taxes.  The refineries and retailer get less than half that.  

Current gas prices are skyrocketing due to the current administration's supply restrictions.  When they try to tell you someone else is ripping you off, they are lying to you.  The same applies to any other price increase you are being forced to pay for anything else you buy.

If you don't understand economics, which leftists don't, you will always be easily manipulated by the government's lies about who is screwing you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You give him more credit than he deserves,haha.

Wait,don't you run a gas station or two? more profit for you,no?

No - it means that the gas station is paying more for their deliveries Mike so they have To increase their price to the gas company that delivers the gas . I’m sure the profit margin is still the same. 

• Like 2

No - it means that the gas station is paying more for their deliveries Mike so they have To increase their price to the gas company that delivers the gas . I’m sure the profit margin is still the same. 

If their margin was still the same but price went up they would be putting more money on the bottom line.

That’s why I love my clients that are marked up on margin.. the higher price goes the more money I make per case. The % stays the same the $ go up.

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

If their margin was still the same but price went up they would be putting more money on the bottom line.

That’s why I love my clients that are marked up on margin.. the higher price goes the more money I make per case. The % stays the same the $ go up.

Maybe I’m using the term profit margin  wrong then . Not my forte , which I freely admit . What is the definition of a profit margin in economics ? 

Maybe I’m using the term profit margin  wrong then . Not my forte , which I freely admit . What is the definition of a profit margin in economics ? 

So margin is typical done on percentage.. you are talking a about markup

• U.S. importing more oil from Russia: Thanks to Joe Biden's killing of the Keystone XL Pipeline, along with other aggressive policy actions against America's oil and gas industry, the U.S. is now having to import more foreign oil. Increasingly, this oil is coming from Saudi Arabia and Russia. Under Donald Trump, the U.S. had become a net exporter of oil and was well on its way to becoming energy independent. Americans were enjoying lower gas prices and a roaring economy, but Biden has turned it all around, ensuring that the U.S. becomes ever more dependent on foreign oil and hamstringing our ability to challenge dangerous foes like Vladimir Putin.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You give him more credit than he deserves,haha.

Wait,don't you run a gas station or two? more profit for you,no?

How would paying more for gas make my profit go up? I make the same per gallon and my credit card fees increase while the cost of inventory goes up. If I am holding 10000 gallons of gas which is about average, some days more,  and gas costs $1.50 more per gallon, that is $15000 extra dollars i need to come up with so it can sit in the ground. There is NOTHING good about the price of fuel increasing for a gas station no matter what Biden tells you. 

You know who it is good for? The government, more it costs the more tax there is on it!

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Go Biden!

AC950630-FCFC-41B0-9890-F5560357838D.jpeg

LMAO, A kindergartner could have done that coming off of covid. Actually, i'm pretty sure a kindergartner could have done better. A kindergartner would have known not to close the keystone pipeline, stop all oil drilling on federal lands, leaving our oil to come from Putin. Leave Afghanistan in shambles while screwing our citizens and allies left behind while personally killing 13 troops. Let millions of illegals pour over our border along with all the drugs etc....Should i go on....?

It's unbelievable you could possibly think anything this administration has done is a good thing....I guess you are one of the 30%

• Like 3

"Oil is the largest source of foreign income for Russia. Every dollar per barrel increase is a windfall Putin can spend on the Russian military and foreign adventures. In October 2020, with President Donald Trump's energy independence policy, the price of crude was $39.90 a barrel. Today, with Biden's anti-American energy policy, the price of crude has jumped to $85.43 a barrel. So, despite Biden's strong words about sanctions, the effect of his policies has been a $45.53 a barrel increase in profit (or 114.11%) for Putin to pay off his oligarchs, buy better military equipment, and engage in foreign adventures. Any supposed sanctions Biden imposed would have to overcome this windfall — and then go much deeper — for Putin to even feel it." —Newt Gingrich

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ApexerER said:

How would paying more for gas make my profit go up? I make the same per gallon and my credit card fees increase while the cost of inventory goes up. If I am holding 10000 gallons of gas which is about average, some days more,  and gas costs $1.50 more per gallon, that is $15000 extra dollars i need to come up with so it can sit in the ground. There is NOTHING good about the price of fuel increasing for a gas station no matter what Biden tells you. 

You know who it is good for? The government, more it costs the more tax there is on it!

Heya,hold your horses. I asked you,not Biden,as you know a thing or two about the matter at hand. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Heya,hold your horses. I asked you,not Biden,as you know a thing or two about the matter at hand. 

Sorry, Biden said recently that the price of gas is up because gas stations are keeping all the profits and screwing the customers. That is a flat out lie and it pissed me off! Especially since i have been questioned about that by a couple people. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Sorry, Biden said recently that the price of gas is up because gas stations are keeping all the profits and screwing the customers. That is a flat out lie and it pissed me off! Especially since i have been questioned about that by a couple people. 

Thanks for the info, I like to get it from the source if it is as easy as asking a question.

I would be pissed if I was in your shoes as well.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:34 AM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Go Biden!

AC950630-FCFC-41B0-9890-F5560357838D.jpeg

Counterpoint from Nate Jackson:

The U.S. economy showed some health in 2021, including the new report that it grew by 5.7% for the year and 6.9% in the fourth quarter. The yearly number marks the fastest growth since it was "Morning in America" and Ronald Reagan was running for reelection in 1984. That's great news, right? Yes, but...

We don't mean to play Debbie Downer, but our job is to provide perspective, not sugarcoating.

Naturally, Joe Biden celebrated the GDP numbers. "For the first time in 20 years, our economy grew faster than China's," he said. "This is no accident. My economic strategy is creating good jobs for Americans, rebuilding our manufacturing, and strengthening our supply chains here at home to help make our companies more competitive."

His strategy has only hampered growth, and there are several key effects of his efforts that will become causes of further concern.

After the horrific year of 2020, in which government shutdowns in a vain attempt to control the coronavirus knee-capped the economy, 2021 had almost nowhere to go but up. For that, we can largely thank the policies of Donald Trump, who fueled a roaring economy for three years before COVID came, and who did what he could (i.e., pushing a quick reopening and fast-tracking the vaccines) to get things rolling again after the shutdowns. Biden inherited Trump's growing economy.

Next, much of the economic growth in 2021 was not shared nationwide but was generally limited to GOP-led states. That provides a helpful illustration of why Democrat polices are bad, but we're not after illustrations — we want real economic growth for our nation.

As the Wall Street Journal editorial board put it: "Imagine if the Biden Administration had focused primarily on the pandemic as it took power a year ago. Get the vaccines out, accelerate Covid therapies, and let an economy poised to soar take off on its own. No $1.9 trillion 'relief' bill in March, no threat of new tax increases and spending to 'transform' American society." It's not hard to believe that the economy would be far stronger.

Looking ahead, the economy faces serious headwinds in 2022 that all the "experts" say are going to slow growth to a crawl. All of us rubes in flyover country understand that too, which is why, according to the Pew Research Center, "a sizable majority of Americans (72%) say economic conditions are only fair or poor."

Indeed. When Joe and Jane Six-Pack see high gas prices, no workers at their local restaurants, and empty store shelves, they don't all of a sudden become giddy about great GDP numbers.

Inflation is running at a 40-year high of 7% right now. That might be temporarily padding the bottom line for many businesses, but its lasting effect is to reduce consumption (i.e., economic activity).

Those businesses can't find workers, either. Sure, the headline unemployment rate is a stellar 3.9%, but there are something like 11 million job openings and six million unemployed people. There are roughly four million fewer people working than in February 2020. All of that is driving up the price of labor (Democrats couldn't pass a $15 minimum wage legislatively, so they torpedoed the labor market to achieve it), which causes more inflation. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The supply chain is a wreck. Stores can't stock shelves and manufacturers expect supplies and prices to continue being a problem. Ironically, the lion's share of fourth-quarter growth was massive inventory purchases. That is unsustainable.

In short, Biden put his "I did that" sticker on good GDP numbers when the reality is it belongs on gas pumps and empty shelves. The American economy is resilient, and 5.7% growth last year is great news. We hope that replicates this year. But Biden and his Democrat pals are going to have to get out of the way to let that happen, and stepping aside is not something leftists do well.

• Like 2