Dump the Reading Glasses?

moog5050

So I am going to try a new eye drop today that is supposed to help those in their late 40s and on with age related farsightedness.   Called Vuity.  One drop is supposed to last for 6-10hrs.   Even my doc is curious if they will work.  My vision is generally good except for reading and I have become more dependent on reading glasses.   Would love to kick them.  Will let you all know if it helps.

• Like 14

Had lasik which was great, other then it turns out my skin is all wrinkly , who knew ?

But now I’m readers dependent ,they’re all over the house and cars , bigger pain then full time glasses .

If in a couple years if you’re not blinded by the drops , I may give them a go .

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Had lasik which was great, other then it turns out my skin is all wrinkly , who knew ?

But now I’m readers dependent ,they’re all over the house and cars , bigger pain then full time glasses .

If in a couple years if you’re not blinded by the drops , I may give them a go .

Lol.  Active med has been used in drops for decades.  Just a new use really.  No real risk other than possible eye redness for some.   Or wasting $70 if they don’t work.  

Edited by moog5050

49 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So I am going to try a new eye drop today that is supposed to help those in their late 40s and on with age related farsightedness.   Called Vuity.  One drop is supposed to last for 6-10hrs.   Even my doc is curious if they will work.  My vision is generally good except for reading and I have become more dependent on reading glasses.   Would love to kick them.  Will let you all know if it helps.

Well judging by the interest this will go several pages , bunch of old fogy’s on here . Do you know if this works while wearing contacts ? 

• Haha 1

There is definitely improvement.   I wouldn't say the clarity is what it is with reading glasses, but I can use the computer and I am sure  read menus without issue.  Its probably where I was a few years ago where I only needed readers for really small print.  Lets see how long it lasts.  Took a good 30 min to kick in.  If it lasts 6-10hrs, I will be happy with the improvement.   I will also note that one eye-doc speculated that it may work better for people with lighter eyes like mine vs. brown since historically that's true of pilocarpine - the active medication.  It does reduce the size of the pupil so I am not sure vision is as good in low light conditions.  My eyes were red for a few minutes after the drops but it went away and it was the first time I remember ever putting any drops in my eyes.   Not covered by insurance and costs about $70 for a one month very small eye dropper supply.  Has not impacted my sight otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

There is definitely improvement.   I wouldn't say the clarity is what it is with reading glasses, but I can use the computer and I am sure  read menus without issue.  Its probably where I was a few years ago where I only needed readers for really small print.  Lets see how long it lasts.  Took a good 30 min to kick in.  If it lasts 6-10hrs, I will be happy with the improvement.   I will also note that one eye-doc speculated that it may work better for people with lighter eyes like mine vs. brown since historically that's true of pilocarpine - the active medication.  It does reduce the size of the pupil so I am not sure vision is as good in low light conditions.  My eyes were red for a few minutes after the drops but it went away and it was the first time I remember ever putting any drops in my eyes.   Not covered by insurance and costs about $70 for a one month very small eye dropper supply.  Has not impacted my sight otherwise.

Was this a script or something you were able to pick up?

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

What about my eyes, which have been best described as "Kind"?

• Haha 2

Interesting . I probably won’t drop $70 a month all year , but it may very well solve me not seeing my bow pins , or red dot clearly . I’ve tried putting readers on for the shot ,that’s not really a good overall solution.

• Like 1