My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

If you are doing a 1-year lease you should be fine. if it's 3 years you'll look like swiss cheese with all the rust holes
That's a rude thing to say to someone the day they signed the paperwork on their new purchase. Who do you think you are? Gino from Blue Line shitting on peoples brand new purchases?

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's a rude thing to say to someone the day they signed the paperwork on their new purchase. Who do you think you are? Gino from Blue Line shitting on peoples brand new purchases?

1. He's still deciding

2. It's the off-season on the forum, so anything goes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you are doing a 1-year lease you should be fine. if it's 3 years you'll look like swiss cheese with all the rust holes

5 year factory warranty on all body panels for Rams.  No one knows that that’s why they look like “swiss cheese”. I’m getting a new front left fender put on my 2016 Ram Thursday. 

My next door neighbor has a Dodge Ram . No idea what year it is . His back fenders are all rusted out . He said it's a common problem with the Rams that never got fixed . He has been searching for a replacement truck bed for a couple years with no luck . Other than that , he loves his Dodge Ram . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

My next door neighbor has a Dodge Ram . No idea what year it is . His back fenders are all rusted out . He said it's a common problem with the Rams that never got fixed . He has been searching for a replacement truck bed for a couple years with no luck . Other than that , he loves his Dodge Ram . 

Poor design on the Rams. Has been a problem for years. That is why you see a ton of them on the road with front and rear 1/4 panels rusted out. It is to bad since they are under warranty for 5 years. Maybe some day they do some redesign to help with the problem 

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

“ other then that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play ? “

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, First-light said:

Nice truck. I heard the Ram has a great ride. Nice that you got the larger bed. My chevy order is going on 9 months now. Its crazy but it will all work. My buddy is getting me the extended warrantee for free with some other extras. good luck with it.

I was reading last week that they're shipping even some of the higher trims without heated seats and steering wheels because of the chip shortage. Also that the nicer headunits weren't available and that the temp gauge for the t-stat's were no longer going to be digital. They're giving like $300 off the sticker for this, which is absolute garbage when you consider they're $60k trucks.

The heated steering wheel is easily one of my favorite new features and a deal breaker for me, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy out my lease that's up in September unless I can get a 22 with all the standard features. 

• Like 3

On 1/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, New York Hillbilly said:

Not just the light! :  O

You need to open a secret hatch under the wheel well and shove your hand up in there and unlock a latch, then with the hood up you need to unhook the quick clips on the cover over the front of the engine compartment/radiator/etc, and then remove the grill, then several bolts including a couple way down deep in there with a long socket extension in order to pull the whole light assembly out.

Thank goodness for Youtube or I would have been paying someone to do it.

Went smooth enough, but took me about 45 minutes from start to finish.   

good thing most new autos are coming with HIDs or LEDs that should last longer than the engine itself. My BIL had a VW that required the whole front bumper be removed to change a bulb. wtf? lol.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I was reading last week that they're shipping even some of the higher trims without heated seats and steering wheels because of the chip shortage. Also that the nicer headunits weren't available and that the temp gauge for the t-stat's were no longer going to be digital. They're giving like $300 off the sticker for this, which is absolute garbage when you consider they're $60k trucks.

The heated steering wheel is easily one of my favorite new features and a deal breaker for me, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy out my lease that's up in September unless I can get a 22 with all the standard features. 

Two options were canceled at the plant on my truck. Bed protection sprat package and the safety package.