My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

19 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Nice! I’m surprised you where able to haggle on the price with the way the market is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was I. I walked in, told them what I was willing to pay, and how much I would put down and said if you can do that, I’ll sign right now. If not, I’ll head to the next dealer. It took 30 mins and I was signing the deal for exactly what I said I’d pay. It was weird lol. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, luberhill said:

Yea curious as to how much off sticker 

I get the “‘family”’discount, I used it on a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 

It’s a lease, and I worked it based on monthly payment because there is very little chance I’ll buy it at the end. 

$500 down, $500 a month. 36 months, 36000 miles. I did buy the damage protection plan, but I paid cash for that up front. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So was I. I walked in, told them what I was willing to pay, and how much I would put down and said if you can do that, I’ll sign right now. If not, I’ll head to the next dealer. It took 30 mins and I was signing the deal for exactly what I said I’d pay. It was weird lol. 

Dang, you must have caught the coolest salesmen ever. That's awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Well Hell....who needs safety anyway

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

you know it's funny because the truck at bob johnson that i have now has that package. I didn't want it, but it had everything else I did and was as close as I could get and if I'm honest the lane assist and rear and forward collision alerts have probably saved my butt a few times for the $700 option I think it's pretty decent but not a deal breaker. 

• Like 2

Like a back up camera, all those safety features are really appreciated after a few months of use.  I have a bunch of it on my ‘20 Tacoma and hope to have them and more on future vehicles.    (Like the keyless fob, I hope I never have keys again!!)

It’s a lease, and I worked it based on monthly payment because there is very little chance I’ll buy it at the end. 

$500 down, $500 a month. 36 months, 36000 miles. I did buy the damage protection plan, but I paid cash for that up front. 

What model is this… that’s not bad form a 3 year lease

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What truck , options 

6 hours ago, Belo said:

I was reading last week that they're shipping even some of the higher trims without heated seats and steering wheels because of the chip shortage. Also that the nicer headunits weren't available and that the temp gauge for the t-stat's were no longer going to be digital. They're giving like $300 off the sticker for this, which is absolute garbage when you consider they're $60k trucks.

The heated steering wheel is easily one of my favorite new features and a deal breaker for me, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy out my lease that's up in September unless I can get a 22 with all the standard features. 

I don't think I would be very happy if they shipped my truck that I ordered with a set trim package minus anything . Im not sure I would except delivery without a lot of compensation and it wouldn't be 300 bucks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Is that like gap insurance ? Doesn’t your insurance company advise against that ??

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I did a trade in and worked a deal in an hour tonight. In the end a little haggle on price, a fair amount of negotiation on the trade, a bit of a rebate. 

What a crazy time to buy a car; they gave me 10% more then I paid for a 2015 vehicle I have owned just over a year and put 22K miles on.I put three oil changes and an inspection into it. Work covered the insurance and paid for the mileage. First time I ever made money on a car, Its nuts.

Good luck with new ride. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I did a trade in and worked a deal in an hour tonight. In the end a little haggle on price, a fair amount of negotiation on the trade, a bit of a rebate. 

What a crazy time to buy a car; they gave me 10% more then I paid for a 2015 vehicle I have owned just over a year and put 22K miles on.I put three oil changes and an inspection into it. Work covered the insurance and paid for the mileage. First time I ever made money on a car, Its nuts.

Good luck with new ride. 

I sold to a local dealer ,my 2018 King Ranch , for the same price I paid for it .

I probably could have gotten more .. they handed me a check !

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at 3/4 ton trucks just because my F150 has such a great trade in value. I really have no reason for a 3/4 ton other than possibly upgrading to a larger travel trailer. Even then I only pull it 6-8 times a year max so it’s more of a pipe dream.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I sold to a local dealer ,my 2018 King Ranch , for the same price I paid for it .

I probably could have gotten more .. they handed me a check !

I felt like at some point Candid Camera crew was going to pop out and say jokes on you. No one is going to pay you THAT.

What I can’t figure is they have to now sell it for a profit. How? Would someone really pay that kind of number for a used vehicle? 

Guess so.

14 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I felt like at some point Candid Camera crew was going to pop out and say jokes on you. No one is going to pay you THAT.

What I can’t figure is they have to now sell it for a profit. How? Would someone really pay that kind of number for a used vehicle? 

Guess so.

Agree, they paid me almost 53k on the spot…

I mean how much can they sell a 4 yr old truck for …

3 hours ago, luberhill said:

Is that like gap insurance ? Doesn’t your insurance company advise against that ??

No, it’s there because at the end of the lease, you are responsible for paying for damage to the truck like dings, deep scratches, curb rash on wheels, etc. This covers that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Good luck with new ride. 

Thanks. 

Yeah it’s nuts. I had my Hellcat up for sale a while back. I was offered 10k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. I couldn’t bring myself to do it, so I turned it down.