My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

I felt like at some point Candid Camera crew was going to pop out and say jokes on you. No one is going to pay you THAT.

What I can’t figure is they have to now sell it for a profit. How? Would someone really pay that kind of number for a used vehicle? 

Guess so.

Yep. I looked at used before deciding to lease. The prices were crazy. Sticker price on this truck was 3k more than the price I saw for a 2 year old very similar truck with 15k miles on it. Pretty easy choice on that. 

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

I felt like at some point Candid Camera crew was going to pop out and say jokes on you. No one is going to pay you THAT.

What I can’t figure is they have to now sell it for a profit. How? Would someone really pay that kind of number for a used vehicle? 

Guess so.

Yes, because it will be on a loan with 7yr interest :( 

I’ve been looking at 3/4 ton trucks just because my F150 has such a great trade in value. I really have no reason for a 3/4 ton other than possibly upgrading to a larger travel trailer. Even then I only pull it 6-8 times a year max so it’s more of a pipe dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just did the same in September, went to a 3/4 Ton. I also didn't really "need" a 2500 to tow my boat but I knew I wanted 35" tires and the 2500's will fit them stock. I threw a level kit and 35x12.5's on it and it sits like a 1500 would with a 4-5" lift kit installed. I also got a sweet deal on my trade so I figured why not...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guess so.
If you have the vin # just Google it in a few days or a week. It'll bring up your vehicle wherever it's for sale. I did that for my Tundra, they paid me $32k, it was for sale for $36,900 and sold for $34k in Ohio.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I don't think I would be very happy if they shipped my truck that I ordered with a set trim package minus anything . Im not sure I would except delivery without a lot of compensation and it wouldn't be 300 bucks. 

exactly. You can go on chevy's website right now and build a truck and you get anywhere from 300 to 500 bucks off sticker for missing features that are worth well over that in my opinion. I've heard rumors that some parts may be able to retrofit later but I don't see adding a heated steering wheel or seats as an easy job.

I know it's not their fault exactly and I know not everyone cares, but several hundred bucks is not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

Not a big fan of red for trucks, but she's a sweet looking ride. congrats!

Thanks! I’m not a fan of red either, though this makes 3 red trucks in a row for me lol. Color is always the last consideration when vehicle shopping for me. As long as it isn’t black. I’ve had a few black vehicles (still have my black Subaru) and I hate it. 

After I got the truck home last night, I parked it in the barn and realized that it matches my boat. I’m not sure if that’s going to make me look douchey or not though lol. It was not on purpose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thanks! I’m not a fan of red either, though this makes 3 red trucks in a row for me lol. Color is always the last consideration when vehicle shopping for me. As long as it isn’t black. I’ve had a few black vehicles (still have my black Subaru) and I hate it. 

After I got the truck home last night, I parked it in the barn and realized that it matches my boat. I’m not sure if that’s going to make me look douchey or not though lol. It was not on purpose. 

My last 2 trucks where black and before that was dark green and black. I'm over having a truck that looks dirty 30 seconds after washing and drying it. Next truck will be a lighter color even if I have to pay more for it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’m not sure if that’s going to make me look douchey or not though lol. It was not on purpose. 

And that is why I would never buy a red truck when I worked for the FD , didn’t want to look like a whacker .

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I was a never black or red guy either and black was all they had in 19 so I rolled with it. Like everyone knows, they're hard to keep clean but man do they shine when they are. With our monthly delta sonic pass it's not so bad. I really like white, but a white truck just looks like some companies work truck, so I'm more of a white car guy. Dream car if the prices ever normalize is the new vette in white and carbon... get a stiffy just thinking about it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Belo said:

I was a never black or red guy either and black was all they had in 19 so I rolled with it. Like everyone knows, they're hard to keep clean but man do they shine when they are. With our monthly delta sonic pass it's not so bad. I really like white, but a white truck just looks like some companies work truck, so I'm more of a white car guy. Dream car if the prices ever normalize is the new vette in white and carbon... get a stiffy just thinking about it.

I love white for cars. My Hellcat was one of the few cars I have bought because of the color, and the interior color. It’s hard to beat a White/Black/Red combo. The carbon fiber enhances it even more. 

37 minutes ago, Belo said:

I’m very picky on my car/truck colors ,but that corvette looks sick in any color .

• Like 1

I like black when it is clean. Two of my last three vehicles have been black. They do look dirty quick, but I am OK with that. 

I like the "murdered out" look for black. I'm 90% there, short of my Icon rims. Wife made a stink about going w/black and hated my second choice of bronze/copper, so I ended up with gunmetal. everything else is black on black on black except for turn signals in the mirrors. I'll get those done this winter on some boring Sunday. 

Congrats on the truck, I do have to admit thinking, man, he likes red/maroon trucks, LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Oh, definitely douchey, lol.  

Congrats on the new truck.   

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I love white for cars. My Hellcat was one of the few cars I have bought because of the color, and the interior color. It’s hard to beat a White/Black/Red combo. The carbon fiber enhances it even more. 

yeah i love your hellcat, the charger was on my short list. I really wanted my g8 in white but couldn't find one. I settled for silver but still with the red/black interior. so sexy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

One of my buddies told me years ago that white wasn’t a color.  Lol

Im on my 2nd white vehicle.  My wife has a white Highlander and son has a white Vibe.  Racist, absolutely not.  

6D33C0FD-D963-42B6-A289-DA85CDCA27B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

I like black when it is clean. Two of my last three vehicles have been black. They do look dirty quick, but I am OK with that. 

I like the "murdered out" look for black. I'm 90% there, short of my Icon rims. Wife made a stink about going w/black and hated my second choice of bronze/copper, so I ended up with gunmetal. everything else is black on black on black except for turn signals in the mirrors. I'll get those done this winter on some boring Sunday. 

Congrats on the truck, I do have to admit thinking, man, he likes red/maroon trucks, LOL.

Thanks! I don’t necessarily like them, and I don’t hate them, I just always seem to end up with them. In fact, only 1 truck that I’ve ever owned was not red. That one was blue lol. 

Color is usually my last concern when truck shopping also, this time I ended up with black, I wanted the granite crystal but couldn't find a package I wanted in that color. I love a black vehicle when they're shined up, problem is it lasts for 20 minutes. My Tundra was silver and that truck would hide a lot of filth, but never looked as good when it was polished either. The boat matching comment is funny because I didn't even think about that but when I got the truck home I realized they matched also... I still have more to do to mine, window tint, wheels, grille/brush guard, considering a 4" suspension lift. The fun in owning trucks is making it your own. IMG_20211020_132413789.jpgIMG_20211019_142152012.jpgIMG_20211019_142123208.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Color is usually my last concern when truck shopping also, this time I ended up with black, I wanted the granite crystal but couldn't find a package I wanted in that color. I love a black vehicle when they're shined up, problem is it lasts for 20 minutes. My Tundra was silver and that truck would hide a lot of filth, but never looked as good when it was polished either. The boat matching comment is funny because I didn't even think about that but when I got the truck home I realized they matched also... I still have more to do to mine, window tint, wheels, grille/brush guard, considering a 4" suspension lift. The fun in owning trucks is making it your own. 

i like customizing too and lose that in leasing, but the newer model cars and trucks really require a lot less customizing than years past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chrisw said:

If you have the vin # just Google it in a few days or a week. It'll bring up your vehicle wherever it's for sale. I did that for my Tundra, they paid me $32k, it was for sale for $36,900 and sold for $34k in Ohio.

Mine the dealer listed for 7k more than they paid me 

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

it intimidates the other guys at the bass tournament.....this guy means business! 

new truck and boat!.jpg

• Like 4