My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

i like customizing too and lose that in leasing, but the newer model cars and trucks really require a lot less customizing than years past.

I customize everything. I’ll do a few small, removable things to this truck. Bedliner, tonneau cover, ventvisors, etc but that’s it. I have my boat and Hellcat to quench my customizing thirst. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I customize everything. I’ll do a few small, removable things to this truck. Bedliner, tonneau cover, ventvisors, etc but that’s it. I have my boat and Hellcat to quench my customizing thirst. 

yeah i did air intake, tonneau and nerf bars on my 16. All of which I undid prior to lease turn in. but my 19 came with steps and the intake really doesn't need to be upgraded so all I did was a tonneau. Heck the thing even came with good floormats, and bedliner, which is the only thing I did to the wife's car.

I miss the days of putting in a new headunit, intake and catback at a minimum. My g8 has all of that plus a tune and several cosmetic updates. 

• Like 1

My customizing consists of floor mats from Weathertech (front only) and the made of gold (lol) cap from A.R.E.  Then the Thule rack brackets for same.   

I haven’t had a bug shield in 20 years or a CB in almost 40.  :)

Never liked running boards or roll bars…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My customizing consists of floor mats from Weathertech (front only) and the made of gold (lol) cap from A.R.E.  Then the Thule rack brackets for same.   

I’ve been using Huskyliners , I prefer them over Weathertech , much softer and don’t slide around

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Where did you get your cap, and what did it run you if you don’t mind me asking. I requested a quote for mine from a place in Victor and have yet to hear from them. I’m waiting to hear from them before I decide if I go that route or just order a tonneau cover. 

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Where did you get your cap, and what did it run you if you don’t mind me asking. I requested a quote for mine from a place in Victor and have yet to hear from them. I’m waiting to hear from them before I decide if I go that route or just order a tonneau cover. 

I think around $2300 but I'll check for accuracy after dinner.

Here.....

https://www.magicglassandtrim.com/

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, luberhill said:

I’ve been using Huskyliners , I prefer them over Weathertech , much softer and don’t slide around

Softer...LOL

I don't have any idea why you'd have floor mats sliding around in this day and age.  I thought all vehicles had the small hooks permanently added to the floor of the truck, OEM?  The Weathertech's hook right in and ain't going anywhere. I had them in my 2011 Tacoma and the current 2020.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Softer...LOL

I don't have any idea why you'd have floor mats sliding around in this day and age.  I thought all vehicles had the small hooks permanently added to the floor of the truck, OEM?  The Weathertech's hook right in and ain't going anywhere. I had them in my 2011 Tacoma and the current 2020.

The Weathertechs are a harder more plastic than the Husky’s , I’ve had both.

The Weathertech mats don’t slide , rather in real cold weather they are hard and slippery under foot ..

I used to always buy them until I got turned on to Husky’s .

Now have them in my Jeep, truck and wife’s Lincoln suv.

I had issues with the Weathertech sides curling up , their warranty is limited .

Huskys stay pliable and their warranty is not limited and is a true lifetime !

915A6C5A-729C-4E65-963B-0487320026C1.png

Edited by luberhill

The Husky liners are nice. I appreciate the Weathertech culture and values, but the Husky liners are a better plastic IMO. Was kind of shocked too when I switched. I notice it more on longer drives. My feet aren't as sore or stiff.

I went with the softer Husky liners (they have a hard plastic similar to weathertech) for my truck front and back and went with Weathertech fronts in my wife's terrain. I like the fit of the Husky over the weathertech's. Husky's lay nice and flat and look like a factory finish while the sides of the weathertech are a little wavey and dont lay flush with the sides at all. 

17 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Weather tech are the standard for floor protection. Proudly made in the USA as well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Softer...LOL

i've used both and have had no issues with either. the digital cut or whatever they call them weathertechs do have more of a factory feel and fit to them though.