My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

Just now, luberhill said:

I’m a tier one supplier to Ford , Gm and Chrysler , back in the 90s I remember we couldn’t park a foreign vehicle in the main parking lot :)

Its a global economy now :)

Yea I like my vehicles plush because my butt is that seat for hours every day.

Things changed a lot in 30 years. Companies that were once great are a shadow of what they were in the 90's. Ford has still remained good, but the others I would beg to differ at this point. I think Toyota has caught up fairly well with the luxury aspect, but still slightly behind ford. Ram takes the cake on luxury in a truck. 

6 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Things changed a lot in 30 years. Companies that were once great are a shadow of what they were in the 90's. Ford has still remained good, but the others I would beg to differ at this point. I think Toyota has caught up fairly well with the luxury aspect, but still slightly behind ford. Ram takes the cake on luxury in a truck. 

My King Ranch was the nicest trimmed truck I’ve been in , and I’ve been in most of them.

Even had massaging seats !!

Ram has really increased their interiors but the King Ranch was still a much nicer leather, layout etc as far as I’m concerned .

Toyota doesn’t even come close in that category ..too much plastic and cheap feel..

Again that’s my opinion 

7 minutes ago, luberhill said:

My King Ranch was the nicest trimmed truck I’ve been in , and I’ve been in most of them.

Ram has really increased their interiors but the King Ranch was still a much nicer leather, layout etc as far as I’m concerned .

Toyota doesn’t even come close in that category ..too much plastic and cheap feel..

Again that’s my opinion 

It’s great it has all the fancy gadgets ,too bad they came up short everywhere else

Edited by WNYTRPR

15 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

It’s great it has all the fancy gadgets ,too bad they came up short everywhere else

Not at all..I’ve had great luck with every Ford truck and suv in this family.

I looked at towing capacity too, Toyota is at the bottom of the list .

Towing boats, RVs , etc never any major repairs on any of my trucks. Except one T bone collision for a tractor trailer :)

Edited by luberhill

54 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Falls in the top 3 of overrated trucks ,Chevy is first ,GMC second 

AEBFAEC2-0720-4C72-9F96-7A18F2DEDEA5.png

I’ve owned GM , Ford and Dodge,I prefer Ford trucks,agree they are not inexpensive ( cheap) you want comfort and heavy duty parts you have to step up and pay for that.

Sounds like you need to stick with Toyota :)

Edited by luberhill

49 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Falls in the top 3 of overrated trucks ,Chevy is first ,GMC second 

AEBFAEC2-0720-4C72-9F96-7A18F2DEDEA5.png

Tundra sales in its best year were 100,000

Ford sales in its best year , almost 1 million !

Toyota has a lonnnggggg way to go :)

Enjoy your truck , again , you are the one paying for it , drive what you like 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Tundra sales in its best year were 100,000

Ford sales in its best year , almost 1 million !

Toyota has a lonnnggggg way to go :)

Enjoy your truck , again , you are the one paying for it , drive what you like 

That’s all well and good ,I didn’t see the Ford on the top 10 trucks that hold their value LOL .that’s more important to me 

4D8A1FC8-FD65-4B90-BB48-FBA9E05DFFBE.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

That’s all well and good ,I didn’t see the Ford on the top 10 trucks that hold their value LOL .that’s more important to me 

4D8A1FC8-FD65-4B90-BB48-FBA9E05DFFBE.png

I don’t buy to resell, again PRICE…the value on a Toyota is LESS than the value on a Ford or Gm .

I sell most of mine to private owners and have always been more than happy with the prices paid 

I just sold a 4 yr old 67,000 truck for what I paid for it ..

Im more than pleased with that !

Edited by luberhill

7 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Again that’s my opinion 

I've never seen a King Ranch, so ill have to take your word for it. But among the lower trims, ram is better than the rest. I believe King Ranch is the highest trim available?

21 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I don’t buy to resell, again PRICE…the value on a Toyota is LESS than the value on a Ford or Gm .

I sell most of mine to private owners and have always been more than happy with the prices paid 

I just sold a 4 yr old 67,000 truck for what I paid for it ..

Im more than pleased with that !

When did you sell your truck?

22 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I've never seen a King Ranch, so ill have to take your word for it. But among the lower trims, ram is better than the rest. I believe King Ranch is the highest trim available?

Well I think the limited , then platinum , then King Ranch , but … the King Ranch had its own interior features , heavier leather , dash trims etc..

I laughed at the massaging seats until I tried them ..

Compared to the Chevy Hi Country there is no comparison .

Ram has come a long way but I still think Ford has the best truck of all !

22 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

When did you sell your truck?

My King Ranch I sold about a month ago , the dealer kept bugging me and I wasn’t driving it 
It has every option , 360 deg cameras , parked itself , trailer assist , locking rear diff, even had washer on the camera lens :)

I probably could have gotten more but I didn’t want to deal with the tire kickers

Edited by luberhill

12 minutes ago, luberhill said:

My King Ranch I sold about a month ago , the dealer kept bugging me and I wasn’t driving it 
It has every option , 360 deg cameras , parked itself , trailer assist , locking rear diff, even had washer on the camera lens :)

I probably could have gotten more but I didn’t want to deal with the tire kickers

Kind of an unfair comparison if you ask me. Right now used cars are selling for higher than they ever have, but even then value is subjective as we were mentioning before. I believe Toyota is the best value of all, but that's just me. 

13 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Kind of an unfair comparison if you ask me. Right now used cars are selling for higher than they ever have, but even then value is subjective as we were mentioning before. I believe Toyota is the best value of all, but that's just me. 

Yea again, I’m not looking for “ value”

per say, I like comfort and reliability .

I have never had a major issue with any of my trucks ( knock on wood )

Kinda makes sense the more products you sell , the more issues will show up.

Toyota sells 1 tenth of the trucks that Ford does

Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ll stick with what I have had luck with !

Ive been averaging 65k miles a year just for work .

Its getting old and so am I ..

Looking forward to retirement and cutting way back on those miles .

I was buying new trucks every couple years …then I got hooked up with a local dealer and started buying used .

I still bought my wife’s new and I also bought a new Jeep last year ..

Trying to keep the miles down on that but still have 18k on it and it had 3 miles on it in May 

Edited by luberhill