My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

37 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

First year on a new generation is bound to have problems. They’ll get it straightened out. I think we’re all aware of how many problems when Fords new generation came out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but the difference is , you didn’t have a truck you couldn’t drive sitting for over 30 days that you just paid over 50k for ..

And if you did they provided you a free loaner :) 

Have a nice day 

10 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I call BS

Nope not bs , the only bs seems to be when a manufacture like Toy had such a tiny amount of the market share on trucks , they should be better prepared and provide better customer service !

Come on they only produce 100k trucks a year ..

I don’t blame these owners from being super pissed …betcha they loose a few customers over that bs 

6 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Nope not bs , the only bs seems to be when a manufacture like Toy had such a tiny amount of the market share on trucks , they should be better prepared and provide better customer service !

Come on they only produce 100k trucks a year ..

I don’t blame these owners from being super pissed …betcha they loose a few customers over that bs 

Ok ,you’re clearly confused now stating their customer service is bad .LOL .This back and forth can go on and on and I’m not doing that .

Congrats on everyone heres new /used Ford /Chevy/yota/dodge ,ect .It’s alwys exciting to get something new in .

Edited by WNYTRPR

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Ok ,you’re clearly confused now stating their customer service is bad .LOL .This back and forth can go on and on and I’m not doing that .

Congrats on everyone heres new /used Ford /Chevy/yota/dodge ,ect .It’s alwys exciting to get something new in .

Nope I’m just repeating what is happening to the poor souls that paid 50k for a truck they can’t drive for a month and are being offered no loaners !

To me that’s poor customer service .

I’m not confused , the article is pretty clear as are the pissed off owners on the forums !

Hard to be happy about that :)

As I said , enjoy what you drive and to the poor people that can’t drive theirs and have to rent a vehicle while their 50k truck sits … well … that’s just sucks 

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Nope I’m just repeating what is happening to the poor souls that paid 50k for a truck they can’t drive for a month and are being offered no loaners !

To me that’s poor customer service .

I’m not confused , the article is pretty clear as are the pissed off owners on the forums !

Hard to be happy about that :)

As I said , enjoy what you drive and to the poor people that can’t drive theirs and have to rent a vehicle while their 50k truck sits … well … that’s just sucks 

That’s a shitty dealership their dealing with if they are not providing a loaner .Call Toyota directly ,I’m sure they will fix the issue .I had an issue with body damage a dealership tried to hide and pass off to me .The dealer didn’t want to own up to it .Toyota themselves paid for it and made it right .

Thie biggest issues are more caused by Dealers themselves then the manufacturer.

7 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

That’s a shitty dealership their dealing with if they are not providing a loaner .Call Toyota directly ,I’m sure they will fix the issue .I had an issue with body damage a dealership tried to hide and pass off to me .The dealer didn’t want to own up to it .Toyota themselves paid for it and made it right .

Thie biggest issues are more caused by Dealers themselves then the manufacturer.

I get that BUT read the forums , these guys have contacted the regional reps for Toyota , again , they make such a small amount of trucks , one would think they could do something to help these buyers ..

Read the article , they can’t fix these brand new trucks because parts are back ordered at least 30 days !

And NO loaners are being provided 

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

I get that BUT read the forums , these guys have contacted the regional reps for Toyota , again , they make such a small amount of trucks , one would think they could do something to help these buyers ..

Read the article , they can’t fix these brand new trucks because parts are back ordered at least 30 days !

And NO loaners are being provided 

So they make a small amount of trucks ?

My biggest question out of all of this is... Why does @luberhill hate Toyota so much?? He seems to take any opportunity to badmouth them, there has to be a backstory. Maybe I missed something? I wouldn't hesitate and will most likely end up back in a Toyota in the future, I got 6 yrs of no issues from mine.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chrisw said:

My biggest question out of all of this is... Why does @luberhill hate Toyota so much?? He seems to take any opportunity to badmouth them, there has to be a backstory. Maybe I missed something? I wouldn't hesitate and will most likely end up back in a Toyota in the future, I got 6 yrs of no issues from mine.

I’ve always got shit from having a Toyota at a Union job .All in good fun of course .Some just have a real hate .

21 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I don’t hate them , just never saw the attraction , they seem cheesy to me .

Both interior and exterior . Also it’s cold outside so I need something to bitch about :)

I owned one Toyota. It was a certified used rav4. Well taken care of with under 50k on her. A year or so in the headgasket needed to be replaced. Have never been so thankful for a certified used car warranty. I've owned some beaters in my younger years and other than a truck I had that I should never have bought, it had the most quirks an issues (the headgasket being by far the worst). That said, the v6 option in the rav was nice, that baby had some pep.

I don’t hate them , just never saw the attraction , they seem cheesy to me .
Both interior and exterior . Also it’s cold outside so I need something to bitch about
Attraction is subjective. I went with Toyota because I valued reliability over gadgets. Their interiors are way behind other makes, but honestly I didn't care one bit. 6 years, zero rust, zero issues, traded it in for damn close to what I paid.

I've had my years being a Dodge guy, then Ford guy, now Toyota. 

I've had one Dodge that ate suspension parts for breakfast lunch and dinner. Body rot like someone who ate candy and never brushed their teeth. Blew a PCM that put it out of commission for three months on backorder (VIN specific) - of course I was in Ohio hunting, too, at the time. That experienced ended my Dodge days for 10-ish years. Or so I thought. Bought a minivan for the wife's daycare business. Go figure, starting to have issues with it. Ignition and transmission. Suspect the torque converter is going.

Ford...absolutely LOVED our two escapes. 2006 and 2009 model years. Hate the new design and styling so we abandoned them. But, they were reliable to the Nth degree, one a NA ICE and the other a hybrid. Drove both for years after being paid off. Had an F150 FX4 that I bought used. Have to say it had alot of mechanical issues. Rust became an issue, too. It left me dead in a parking lot or side of the road three times.

Now have two Japan-made Toyotas. Super happy. I hope they provide many years of trouble-free service. I do want a Tundra Pro though, ha.

12 minutes ago, phade said:

I've had one Dodge that ate suspension parts for breakfast lunch and dinner. Body rot like someone who ate candy and never brushed their teeth. Blew a PCM that put it out of commission for three months on backorder (VIN specific) - of course I was in Ohio hunting, too, at the time. That experienced ended my Dodge days for 10-ish years. Or so I thought. Bought a minivan for the wife's daycare business. Go figure, starting to have issues with it. Ignition and transmission. Suspect the torque converter is going.

Ford...absolutely LOVED our two escapes. 2006 and 2009 model years. Hate the new design and styling so we abandoned them. But, they were reliable to the Nth degree, one a NA ICE and the other a hybrid. Drove both for years after being paid off. Had an F150 FX4 that I bought used. Have to say it had alot of mechanical issues. Rust became an issue, too. It left me dead in a parking lot or side of the road three times.

Now have two Japan-made Toyotas. Super happy. I hope they provide many years of trouble-free service. I do want a Tundra Pro though, ha.

Sell you a 21 ?lol

8 minutes ago, phade said:

I was a tier one supplier to New Venture Gear and had Chrysler’s for company cars . 1991, 92 and 93 Jeep Grand Cherokees … no issues ..

Then with the new body style Rams had 94,95,96,97,99….had fuel pump go out on the 99…

Then went to Ford trucks with Xplan pricing .. had 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 , 2007 F150s not one issue with any of these .

Then went to GM for 2010, 2012, 2015,

One tranny issue that was warranty covered .

Back to Ford and then to Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Wife owned one Honda and it was the worst car we ever owned , several engine related issues, stranded her more than once , rust bucket .

Shes had Ford / Lincoln’s since , no issues at all but she only puts about 8 to 10k miles a year .

10 hours ago, luberhill said:

Yea but the difference is , you didn’t have a truck you couldn’t drive sitting for over 30 days that you just paid over 50k for ..

And if you did they provided you a free loaner :) 

Have a nice day 

That doesn't sound like a Toyota problem, but a problem with a certain dealership during a time where cars are at a shortage. Even rental cars are hard to get now a days. 

Also lemon laws exist for a reason. There are a plethora of Fords, Chevy's, GM's and dodges that are rendered not drivable in the same amount of time. 

Im enjoying this debate, but what im not getting is you're going against whats pretty much accepted in the car industry. Not many will fight on which are the most reliable car company's and the numbers tend to back up those claims as well. I havent seen many Fords hit the Million mile mark that a few toyotas have hit

14 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

That doesn't sound like a Toyota problem, but a problem with a certain dealership during a time where cars are at a shortage. Even rental cars are hard to get now a days. 

Also lemon laws exist for a reason. There are a plethora of Fords, Chevy's, GM's and dodges that are rendered not drivable in the same amount of time. 

Im enjoying this debate, but what im not getting is you're going against whats pretty much accepted in the car industry. Not many will fight on which are the most reliable car company's and the numbers tend to back up those claims as well. I havent seen many Fords hit the Million mile mark that a few toyotas have hit

Again….. these people have contacted the regional Toyota reps .

Its not just the dealers . In all the vehicles I’ve owned I can tell you NEVER has one sat at a dealer waiting on repairs and I’ve not been supplied a loaner .

And all the Ford , and GMs you tell us that are having the same issues ..

Have not heard or read that except from you right here .

I’ve seen Fords and GMs hit the million mile mark !

Thats a great deflection but doesn’t address the problem of paying 50 k for a brand new truck and not being able to drive it for 30 or more days , while Toyota won’t step up with a loaner .

The dealership won’t give one up unless Toyota is paying for it !

Considering how few trucks Toy produces compared to Ford or Gm, I would think they would do something for their customers .

Edited by luberhill