My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Fords  #18.Maybe they should practice more quality control before they roll out all their junk lolSorry Moog,this is just for Lubers trucks lol

And here you are again , so again try and grasp … Ford produces MILLIONS of trucks , almost a million F150s alone , now add the rest of their trucks to that number …

Are you trying to follow? 
And I thought you weren’t going to go back and forth :) 

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

They’ll be fine , sure , they will keep producing small amounts of trucks every year no doubt !

And hope the rotting frames by the thousands , bad power steering pumps and the slew of other issues don’t continue to haunt them , I would hope they can do a better job only making 100k trucks a year !

Seems 2022 is off to a bad start with them :)

Toyota is twice the size of GM and Ford by revenue. In fact, by revenue comparison, GM and Ford could merge and they STILL ARE NOT getting the gross revenue of Toyota. 

GM and Ford isn't their prime competition at the enterprise level. Volkswagen AG is. Ford and GM Net profit margin percentages are 50-60% of what Toyota is. (3-4 vs 7). 

Nobody said they were perfect but you and you alone heard that in this thread. Nobody said that. Nobody is also saying that Ford or GM or Ram are complete trash. All companies have problems, and all companies do some things well.

But reliability is in large in Toyota's favor comparatively. Your exceptions to the rule are merely that. Exceptions.

• Like 2

geez here I thought we were all just talking about trucks, and now there's a dick measuring contest? None of you are going to change eachothers minds, just like nobody is going to change their political afflation. 

Fact of the matter is, there isn't really a bad truck out there except maybe that sorry excuse that Honda calls a truck. Enjoy what you own, geez!

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

geez here I thought we were all just talking about trucks, and now there's a dick measuring contest? None of you are going to change eachothers minds, just like nobody is going to change their political afflation. 

Fact of the matter is, there isn't really a bad truck out there except maybe that sorry excuse that Honda calls a truck. Enjoy what you own, geez!

You lease. You're not allowed to have an opinion.

LOL JK.

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Wonder if its to late to get my deposit back on my ford f 150 ..  think I will get a Nissan frontier instead . 

Nothing wrong with the nissans .One truck I would love to get my hands on is the Toyota Hilux .There is an article on why Toyota’s are the most popular in the Middle East .It’s actually a good read .Reliable .

https://www.youngpioneertours.com/why-are-toyota-trucks-so-common-in-wars-in-the-middle-east/

8A9008BB-7BE8-4EAF-8267-6CB9DDF2D850.png

10 minutes ago, phade said:

Toyota is twice the size of GM and Ford by revenue. In fact, by revenue comparison, GM and Ford could merge and they STILL ARE NOT getting the gross revenue of Toyota. 

GM and Ford isn't their prime competition at the enterprise level. Volkswagen AG is. Ford and GM Net profit margin percentages are 50-60% of what Toyota is. (3-4 vs 7). 

Nobody said they were perfect but you and you alone heard that in this thread. Nobody said that. Nobody is also saying that Ford or GM or Ram are complete trash. All companies have problems, and all companies do some things well.

But reliability is in large in Toyota's favor comparatively. Your exceptions to the rule are merely that. Exceptions.

Talking TRUCK sales ie; Tundra 

And they are a pimple on the ass of truck sales !!

Again go back and read , it was posted they have ZERO complaints , that’s pretty close to perfect .

And Biden just announced it’s all due to Covid that Toy is having issues :) 

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I need a longer tape measure 

Go to the trapping forums ,good amount of guys driving Tacoma’s in the 3-700,000 mile range .That’s how I originally got into Toyota trucks ,seeing all the Tacoma’s with half a million miles on them .That sold me .

Luber ,I’m on a few tundra forums and now corvette forums ,in the last week ,I’ve seen more issues with this corvette than I’ve seen with the tundra in years .Will I still buy the  vette?of course LOL .

Edited by WNYTRPR

25 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Fords  #18.Maybe they should practice more quality control before they roll out all their junk lolSorry Moog,this is just for Lubers trucks lol

I really don't get offended by anyone's opinion - some take this a bit too seriously.   Very happy with my "junk".  lol   I like it even more running it on the E50-blend!  If I found a toyota (or any other brand) I liked better, I would buy it.  But the raptors have been good to me.  And oddly, even being a big guy, I like the recaro seats.  This one really intrigues me but the price is more than I can swallow. https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev 

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

We’re just bored ,killing time lol and not even getting paid to be spokesman .

Edited by WNYTRPR

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I really don't get offended by anyone's opinion - some take this a bit too seriously.   Very happy with my "junk".  lol   I like it even more running it on the E50-blend!  If I found a toyota (or any other brand) I liked better, I would buy it.  But the raptors have been good to me.  And oddly, even being a big guy, I like the recaro seats.  This one really intrigues me but the price is more than I can swallow. https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev 

Nice ,but not crazy about the “up to 350 mi range “That Ram Trx is something to check out ...

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Agree ,I’m being 100 percent honest , with all of the vehicles I’ve owned the only one I had issue that were pretty serious was my wife’s Honda.

The Rams had some minor things but Ford and GMs nada 

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Talking TRUCK sales ie; Tundra 

And they are a pimple on the ass of truck sales !!

Again go back and read , it was posted they have ZERO complaints , that’s pretty close to perfect .

And Biden just announced it’s all due to Covid that Toy is having issues :) 

Sorry you feel that way. I can't remember - were you the guy who was posting about keeping an F150 out of the rain for years? Why was that? 

Edited by phade

4 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Agree ,I’m being 100 percent honest , with all of the vehicles I’ve owned the only one I had issue that were pretty serious was my wife’s Honda.

The Rams had some minor things but Ford and GMs nada 

Wow !you let her own a Honda ?!?!?Now I know you’re just trolling lol

Edited by WNYTRPR

57 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm only taking enough out to win...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just kind of chuckling at reading all of this..   

If someone owns a brand of truck you don't care for, but they love it, what is the problem with that?

I have a 2017 F250 Diesel and absolutely love it..   I have friends that have similar trucks that are Chevy, GMC or Dodge that they love and that is great for them...   It is a beautiful thing that we have choices..

In the past 10 years, I have personally owned Chevy, GMC, Ford and Subaru vehicles, so I am not partial to a specific brand.   I usually have a truck and a "daily driver", as I put a lot of miles on commuting to work.

• Like 2