My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

Again….. these people have contacted the regional Toyota reps .
Its not just the dealers . In all the vehicles I’ve owned I can tell you NEVER has one sat at a dealer waiting on repairs and I’ve not been supplied a loaner .
And all the Ford , and GMs you tell us that are having the same issues ..
Have not heard or read that except from you right here .
I’ve seen Fords and GMs hit the million mile mark !
Thats a great deflection but doesn’t address the problem of paying 50 k for a brand new truck and not being able to drive it for 30 or more days , while Toyota won’t step up with a loaner .
The dealership won’t give one up unless Toyota is paying for it !
Considering how few trucks Toy produces compared to Ford or Gm, I would think they would do something for their customers .

What deflection? Have you ever see a car shortage like this? I can guarantee you have not, so you can’t compare right now. Everyone is waiting long time for all parts for all makes and models so that’s not a good example either. What is happening right now has never happened before so nothing is out of the question from any car company.

And if you haven’t heard of the issues with Fords and GM’s, you’re living under some weird rock.

You’re honestly trying to debate what is very very well known and documented over many independent sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Just put some new weather tec in ,no way a husky would fit as nice ...

Every truck and suv I’ve had the huskys in they fit just as good but they are more flexible .

I had the WT but hated them , as others have said here and I agree, WT are more hard plastic and slippery , Huskys are rubber , flexible etc

Use what you want but I switched from WT and won’t be going back,, they will start to curl on you too !

Good luck

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

What deflection? Have you ever see a car shortage like this? I can guarantee you have not, so you can’t compare right now. Everyone is waiting long time for all parts for all makes and models so that’s not a good example either. What is happening right now has never happened before so nothing is out of the question from any car company.

And if you haven’t heard of the issues with Fords and GM’s, you’re living under some weird rock.

You’re honestly trying to debate what is very very well known and documented over many independent sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you completely missed my point but that’s ok .

Ive heard of issues with every brand , and when one brand makes millions more of a product than another I more than expect to see more issues with that brand .

Only makes sense …

This had nothing to do with a car shortage , it had to do with lack of customer service .

Its ok , let’s just drop it :)

Enjoy the day 

17 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I see you completely missed my point but that’s ok .

Ive heard of issues with every brand , and when one brand makes millions more of a product than another I more than expect to see more issues with that brand .

Only makes sense …

This had nothing to do with a car shortage , it had to do with lack of customer service .

Its ok , let’s just drop it :)

Enjoy the day 

Toyota put out their fair share of vehicles

6CC9C21B-91ED-474F-869A-D79F06D33FD8.png

2 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Toyota put out their fair share of vehicles

6CC9C21B-91ED-474F-869A-D79F06D33FD8.png

Youre back again :)

We were talking trucks , to which they make about 100k of ..which is a tiny bit of the millions Ford makes .

Ford makes a million F150s alone not even counting the other models ..

Toy can’t compare 

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Youre back again :)

We were talking trucks , to which they make about 100k of ..which is a tiny bit of the millions Ford makes .

Ford makes a million F150s alone not even counting the other models ..

Toy can’t compare 

Yeah it’s hard for me to look away from a good train wreck. I was just stating with their sales overall, they’re rating is still better.

Edited by WNYTRPR

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Yeah it’s hard for me to look away from a good train wreck. I was just stating with their sales overall, they’re rating is still better.

Toyota total vehicle sales in the US are around 2 million

Ford is around 15 million in the US

Ratings when you look at this large of a difference means nothing .

Cheers !

I have always heard the anti-jap talk from people when owning Japanese vehicles or whatever else. I always think back to my wife’s grandfather who fought in Iwo Jima. He even had a Japanese rifle displayed in his house. A Honda was the second vehicle he ever bought my wife. Use a union Business manager than president on the bricklayers Union.I always said to myself if he could own a Japanese vehicle and he fought them ,I have no shame in owning One myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I have always heard the anti-jap talk from people when owning Japanese vehicles or whatever else. I always think back to my wife’s grandfather who fought in Iwo Jima. He even had a Japanese rifle displayed in his house. A Honda was the second vehicle he ever bought my wife. Use a union Business manager than president on the bricklayers Union.I always said to myself if he could own a Japanese vehicle and he fought them ,I have no shame in owning One myself.

To each his own !

I’m sure there are hundreds that feel the opposite 

I don’t think anyone here said you couldn’t buy a “ jap” truck , even if they are small and ugly :)

Ive owned two “ Jap” vehicles and both were crap !

Ill stick with what works for me .

Everytime it snows this post comes back around …

2 minutes ago, luberhill said:

To each his own !

I’m sure there are hundreds that feel the opposite 

I don’t think anyone here said you couldn’t buy a “ jap” truck , even if they are small and ugly :)

Ive owned two “ Jap” vehicles and both were crap !

Ill stick with what works for me .

Everytime it snows this post comes back around …

I like my trucks the way I like my women :taunt:

You guys that have been truck shopping, I've been hearing that the preferred way to get your truck is to place an order. Has anyone done this and what is the lead time? My lease is up in September and I'm ok just buying it out but if I need to start placing orders instead of empty lot shopping, what kind of lead time are they giving you all? I've never placed an order, i've always bought off the lot or dealer transferred. 

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

You guys that have been truck shopping, I've been hearing that the preferred way to get your truck is to place an order. Has anyone done this and what is the lead time? My lease is up in September and I'm ok just buying it out but if I need to start placing orders instead of empty lot shopping, what kind of lead time are they giving you all? I've never placed an order, i've always bought off the lot or dealer transferred. 

Mine is up in October, wondering the same thing...

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Mine is up in October, wondering the same thing...

I’d order now. I had my Ram in last week for an oil change and tire rotation. Girl I buy all my cars from said they are about 6 months out if you place an order to have one built. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I’d order now. I had my Ram in last week for an oil change and tire rotation. Girl I buy all my cars from said they are about 6 months out if you place an order to have one built. 

4 minutes ago, boo711 said:

My cousin just ordered a new Silverado half ton diesel. I think he said July or August before he got it. Don’t remember exactly but it wasn’t going to be here soon

good lord 6 months is crazy...