My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Yes and yes .It took me a day to think about it .I looked at the used 21’ market ,and it was a no brainer.I’ll keep my name on the list for down the road also .I would not pass up a good offer ...

I hate the adm.  I would like to say I will never pay it but if I wanted something bad enough …. Assuming market holds, you won’t lose anything and it’s a pretty small percentage of overall price.  Most of all enjoy it!  You work hard enough to buy it so I don’t stress about buying what I want and having fun. 

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I hate the adm.  I would like to say I will never pay it but if I wanted something bad enough …. Assuming market holds, you won’t lose anything and it’s a pretty small percentage of overall price.  Most of all enjoy it!  You work hard enough to buy it so I don’t stress about buying what I want and having fun. 

For me ,the stressful part is always writing the check LOL.I do relax shortly after .I do feel it’s a slimy move on the dealers part .Most dealers who are charging over ,are in the 15-25k range over ,so 5 isn’t too bad .

Went to the local Ford dealership,where I have bought at least 5 trucks.Spent approximatley 2 1/2 hours watching them try to order a new Super Duty,no luck, after they made a few phone calls came to the conclusion that Ford may not want to take anymore Super Duty orders.May have to wait till they start taking orders for 2023 ???

3 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Went to the local Ford dealership,where I have bought at least 5 trucks.Spent approximatley 2 1/2 hours watching them try to order a new Super Duty,no luck, after they made a few phone calls came to the conclusion that Ford may not want to take anymore Super Duty orders.May have to wait till they start taking orders for 2023 ???

I think they are storing so many partially completed vehicles that they don’t want to take orders until they get parts to move some.  Crazy times. 

25 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Make have just missed out .My buddy put his order is for one 2 weeks ago no problem.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got a thing in the mail for 1.6% finance on used vehicles, if its legit I may buy my lease out now rather than wait for the end. Ive gotta do some figgerin'

Salesman i have been dealing with for years told me today he is telling all his customers with leases to buy them out.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

You gotta go ahead and get luberhill fired up don’t ya ?lol

18 hours ago, luberhill said:

I’m not saying a word … remember though , I have a Silverado , Jeep and Lincoln .. 

So I’m multi branded :)

I own a ford, pontiac and chevy. 4 yamaha's and a can-am. I buy what I think is the best for my situation.

Which is why I'd never buy a ford truck of course...

hahahahah sorry just having fun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got a thing in the mail for 1.6% finance on used vehicles, if its legit I may buy my lease out now rather than wait for the end. Ive gotta do some figgerin'

If I can't get close to what I want, this is what I'm doing in September. There's zero chance I buy a new truck without a heated steering wheel or that's missing features normally included.

I'm rooting for these truckers and I'm also conflicted to how it's impacting the car market haha. Ultimately, I'm enjoying how the the media and politicians like the wacko from michigan have praised burning cities and looting as peaceful and the right  thing to do, but somehow this is really bad and must be condemned and stopped asap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

I own a ford, pontiac and chevy. 4 yamaha's and a can-am. I buy what I think is the best for my situation.

Which is why I'd never buy a ford truck of course...

hahahahah sorry just having fun.

Having fun is good,sure would be total boredoom if we all thought and did the same things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Rooting for the truckers also,too bad their counterparts on this side of the border dont have a set of their own.

Must be careful not to make this thread political.:pleasantry:

rumor is they're "planning" something for LA on superbowl weekend. The meltdown will be more fun to watch than the game itself. 

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

If I can't get close to what I want, this is what I'm doing in September. There's zero chance I buy a new truck without a heated steering wheel or that's missing features normally included.

I'm rooting for these truckers and I'm also conflicted to how it's impacting the car market haha. Ultimately, I'm enjoying how the the media and politicians like the wacko from michigan have praised burning cities and looting as peaceful and the right  thing to do, but somehow this is really bad and must be condemned and stopped asap.

Have you had a heated steering wheel ?I see it’s a popular addition .But for the life of me ,can’t see how or why it’s that beneficial. I will say ,I changed my thoughts on Heated seats after I got them .

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Have you had a heated steering wheel ?I see it’s a popular addition .But for the life of me ,can’t see how or why it’s that beneficial. I will say ,I changed my thoughts on Heated seats after I got them .

last 2 trucks have had it. It's better than heated seats. Unless you drive with gloves on, there's nothing nicer than that warm steering wheel in the winter or after hiking out of the woods. I don't care if it makes me sound soft, it's glorious and if someone on this site who has one disagrees, I'd like to hear why because when my wife got it on her new vehicle she agreed that it was her favorite new thing as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

rumor is they're "planning" something for LA on superbowl weekend. The meltdown will be more fun to watch than the game itself. 

Belo , I have heard the same " myth " about the Super Bowl . I think its a bunch of bullchit made up by this administration and its far left wingnuts trying to make themselves relevant to the 100 million viewers.