My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

My wife’s terrain has the heated steering wheel and it’s a really nice feature but I don’t think it would be Mandatory my next vehicle. I use it then it gets to hot and I turn it off.

I have heated seats in my truck and am conflicted about those as well. While super nice to have I end up shutting them off after a bit because they are too hot BUT when I was shopping for a 250 I kept wanting heated seats so I don’t know.

Now get me cooled seats and I’m in for those for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I feel. Especially with leather. I’d trade heated seats for ventilated any day.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, moog5050 said:

No kidding.  Tacks is the master of the obvious.  That said, I almost felt manly after loading my ATV.  Almost.   The sissy truck rules!

BB7B4539-68EC-4BF6-9591-80C5F45910A9.jpeg

I can see the potential for a bent tailgate or smashed back window here....besides the danger loading and unloading that beast of a machine with a not so svelte operator and that trifold ramp.  :)

Just getting on & off the machine gives me the willys.  I know it's done all the time many times a day across the world but......

I used to do it myself with my 450S Honda back in the day. 

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I can see the potential for a bent tailgate or smashed back window here....besides the danger loading and unloading that beast of a machine with a not so svelte operator and that trifold ramp.  :)

Just getting on & off the machine gives me the willys.  I know it's done all the time many times a day across the world but......

I used to do it myself with my 450S Honda back in the day. 

Not my preference Law but if I bought a trailer to fit the sxs and ATV, there is no way I would fit it in a garage.  Goal is to make trailer, sxs and ATV fit in one bay and still be able to transport it all at once.   I think I can do that with what I bought.   But transporting both requires ATV in bed.  It will work when needed.  I did buy some steel bars that connect the tailgate to the bed to reinforce the weight held by the cables.  I will say loading was much easier than expected.  I am not worried about running into the window after trying it.  

Around 20 yrs ago I was loading my 4 wheeler in the back of my pickup,ramps attached to tailgate I thought.Ramps slipped out when I was about 3/4 up,I hit the concrete floor with the machine basically standing up on its rear tires.Only year I ever missed opening day  of deer hunting,and 2 weeks of work.You can never be too careful loading on ramps in to truck bed.

• Sad 1

Not my preference Law but if I bought a trailer to fit the sxs and ATV, there is no way I would fit it in a garage.  Goal is to make trailer, sxs and ATV fit in one bay and still be able to transport it all at once.   I think I can do that with what I bought.   But transporting both requires ATV in bed.  It will work when needed.  I did buy some steel bars that connect the tailgate to the bed to reinforce the weight held by the cables.  I will say loading was much easier than expected.  I am not worried about running into the window after trying it.  

You’re over payload capacity with that rig with just the wheeler and you driving moog. Raptors payload is 1200lbs. That wheeler is 1000lbs wet. Passengers and gear counts towards payload. Add the tongue weight of the trailer and you’re way over!

29 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You’re over payload capacity with that rig with just the wheeler and you driving moog. Raptors payload is 1200lbs. That wheeler is 1000lbs wet. Passengers and gear counts towards payload. Add the tongue weight of the trailer and you’re way over!

Thanks for the thoughts.  I did some research and all together the truck, + trailer + people + cargo cannot exceed the GCWR, which is 14,250 for the raptor Cc. Here, we have 5800 + 2500 (loaded) + 800 + 1200 = 10,300 and that’s an overestimate.  Plus the trailer has ebrakes which is the biggest concern with payload.  I should be fine for the few times I need both ATVs.   But I appreciate your concern.  

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I used to put an archery target in the front of the bed to keep the quad away from the back window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loading a snowmobile into the 8 ft box of my 4x4 pickup, with a plastic toolbox “shock absorber”, was real easy.  I would just back the truck into a  roadside ditch and drop the tailgate to the ground.   I would drive the snowmobile into the bed, with plenty of speed, and let the plastic toolbox absorb the extra energy.  Lock the parking brake, throw on a strap, and head to my destination.  

Unloading it was even easier when I got there.  I would take off the strap, back up the truck at good speed and hit the brakes, launching the sled out of the bed like a torpedo.  Those sleds had great suspensions and had no problem absorbing the energy of the fall.  Trailers suck in comparison.   

I still have that black plastic toolbox.  Maybe I will use it in my 2wd truck this year for carrying tools.   It’s been more than 10 years since I had a snowmobile.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts.  I did some research and all together the truck, + trailer + people + cargo cannot exceed the GCWR, which is 14,250 for the raptor Cc. Here, we have 5800 + 2500 (loaded) + 800 + 1200 = 10,300 and that’s an overestimate.  Plus the trailer has ebrakes which is the biggest concern with payload.  I should be fine for the few times I need both ATVs.   But I appreciate your concern.  

Gcwr has nothing to do with payload. Gcwr is what you can legally haul. Payload is what the manufacturer says the vehicle can safely haul. Paylod is the weight on the 4 tires minus curb weight.

Just don’t want you to get jammed up or hurt.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

It’s official ,went from a year and a half wait ,to hitting the lottery and have a predicted delivery date of around April .

5BE55E79-99BA-41EA-A11F-ECE6744DA6F7.jpeg

Can you follow the build and ship date?   Guys on the raptor forum do it all the time.  Some are happily surprised and some very frustrated with delays.

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Can you follow the build and ship date?   Guys on the raptor forum do it all the time.  Some are happily surprised and some very frustrated with delays.

I can go to the Chevy website and do the Live chat feature and provide them with the build number .From what I’ve read ,the same happens with these as well LOL .Just need to avoid strikes /tornadoes/part delays and I should see it soon LOL .

34 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I can go to the Chevy website and do the Live chat feature and provide them with the build number .From what I’ve read ,the same happens with these as well LOL .Just need to avoid strikes /tornadoes/part delays and I should see it soon LOL .

Good luck.  I hope the stars align for you!  Any details on what you ordered?  I have owned 3 vettes and loved them all.  My wide body vert C6 was my favorite though.  I am a bit squashed in the C7s.   Never sat in a C8.