Jump to content

My truck shopping adventure


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My F150 came with Fords version, they are wonderful. I never take them out. The standard floor mats they gave me remain "new in package" on a shelf in the garage

I've taken them out a few times ,I washed them with a push broom and simple green .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Or do what I did and  buy a truck with the rubber floor, carpet does not belong in a truck.. 

used to open both doors and hose Em out once a year , maybe .

Mrs Nomad grew up on a farm , where working farm trucks for the most part  were rear wheel drive , one bench seat , rubber mats , street tires and a bed a kid could easily climb up into .

You should hear her go on about today’s trucks ! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered my truck with rubber floor . When I recieved the outline from Ford it showed a carpet interior.  I called the salesman ... my BIL. He tried to delete  it but it wouldn't allow it . So he called Ford and asked for it to be deleted.  They informed him that with my choice in the upper interior package they couldn't do it ala  carte. Oh well weather techs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I ordered my truck with rubber floor . When I recieved the outline from Ford it showed a carpet interior.  I called the salesman ... my BIL. He tried to delete  it but it wouldn't allow it . So he called Ford and asked for it to be deleted.  They informed him that with my choice in the upper interior package they couldn't do it ala  carte. Oh well weather techs. 

To me that’s B/S your paying for the truck you should get exactly what you want . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rob-c said:

To me that’s B/S your paying for the truck you should get exactly what you want . 

I agree . I'm just going to do the weather tech  floor liners front and back ... haven't looked to see if they make the over the hump ones for my truck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also prefer Husky liners to weather tech for the same reasons others mentioned. They are softer in composition which seems to allow them to remain in a perfect fit for years. My wife has weathertechs and hers are seeming to pull away a bit from the contours they started with.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I also prefer Husky liners to weather tech for the same reasons others mentioned. They are softer in composition which seems to allow them to remain in a perfect fit for years. My wife has weathertechs and hers are seeming to pull away a bit from the contours they started with.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
 

100 percent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, phade said:

The Husky liners are nice. I appreciate the Weathertech culture and values, but the Husky liners are a better plastic IMO. Was kind of shocked too when I switched. I notice it more on longer drives. My feet aren't as sore or stiff.

The mats that came in the truck are damn near as good as the Weathertech and Husky mats. I was happily surprised when I picked it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, chrisw said:

I also prefer Husky liners to weather tech for the same reasons others mentioned. They are softer in composition which seems to allow them to remain in a perfect fit for years. My wife has weathertechs and hers are seeming to pull away a bit from the contours they started with.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
 

My dad put Weathertech mats in his truck, the Chevy I just traded in. The first thing I did when I started driving it was take them out and throw them away. I hated them. They didn’t fit the trucks floor very well at all. There was a 1/2” gap on the sides and front. They had also become stained and nasty looking. I tossed them and went with cheap rubber ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats on the new truck! I've been having a hell of a time getting a test drive for the Tundra. If I was leasing, I would get a Ram for sure. Since I want to buy, I want to get the Tundra. 

I don’t get the attraction to the Toyota’s . 
To me they seems cheap and flimsy , interior and exterior ..

Ford , Chevy and Dodge in that order for me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I don’t get the attraction to the Toyota’s . 
To me they seems cheap and flimsy , interior and exterior ..

Ford , Chevy and Dodge in that order for me

 

You guys say the same nonsense .Reliability my friend .It’s what matters .when buying 

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

You guys say the same nonsense .Reliability my friend .It’s what matters .when buying 

Well my last three GMs have gone 250k plus miles , then I sold them and at least one I know is still on the road .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

What years were they?

2017, 2014, 2005

No major repairs on any .. tires , battery, brakes 

the 2005 had original fuel pump, water pump , alternator , starter , all original hoses … 

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

2017, 2014, 2005

No major repairs on any .. tires , battery, brakes 

the 2005 had original fuel pump, water pump , alternator , starter , all original hoses … 

Amazing.

Didn't you just trade in a Ford too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Amazing.

Didn't you just trade in a Ford too?

I sold the Ford , I bought it new in 2018 , it was a F150 King Ranch , only had 3200 miles.

I just never drove it , sat in my pole barn. It was a beautiful truck but I didn’t want it to get banged up and scratched..

The local dealer gave me a check for what I paid for it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...