My truck shopping adventure

WNYBuckHunter

9 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I sold the Ford , I bought it new in 2018 , it was a F150 King Ranch , only had 3200 miles.

I just never drove it , sat in my pole barn. It was a beautiful truck but I didn’t want it to get banged up and scratched..

The local dealer gave me a check for what I paid for it 

750,000 miles on those three GM trucks and 3,200 on the Ford?

And then you bought another Ford.   Will it be low miles too?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

750,000 miles on those three GM trucks and 3,200 on the Ford?

And then you bought another Ford.   Will it be low miles too?

I bought the King Ranch on a whim , I loved the looks of it.

Kinda like having a sports car but I like trucks.

After buying it I seemed to never have time to drive it for pleasure. 
Local dealer kept bugging me to sell it.

Finally decided to. They handed me a check for what I paid for it, never had that happen before.

Im not stuck in any one brand .I own and have owned Ford , Gm, Chrysler .

The other Ford I bought is my wife’s SUV

Edited by luberhill

22 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I bought the King Ranch on a whim , I loved the looks of it.

Kinda like having a sports car but I like trucks.

After buying it I seemed to never have time to drive it for pleasure. 
Local dealer kept bugging me to sell it.

Finally decided to. They handed me a check for what I paid for it, never had that happen before.

Im not stuck in any one brand .I own and have owned Ford , Gm, Chrysler .

The other Ford I bought is my wife’s SUV

Should’ve tried to hold out for more. I was offered today 15,000 more than what I paid for my truck.It’s tempting and I may pull the trigger

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

21 tundra pro ,color lunar rock ,3 k miles .crew 

I’d sell that in a second if that was a cash deal , not a trade in value .

My King Ranch sticker was 67k new

I sold it to the dealer on a cash deal , not trade, I walked out with the check and didn’t buy anything

Just now, luberhill said:

I’d sell that in a second if that was a cash deal , not a trade in value .

My King Ranch sticker was 67k new

I sold it to the dealer on a cash deal , not trade, I walked out with the check and didn’t buy anything

I’m not married to anything for the right $

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

@WNYBuckHunterfor the lease ,what are they setting the residual at ?I don’t see the used market dropping out in the next 2-3 years .Obviously if you could have got a higher residual ,payment would have been cheaper .

We were at the Lincoln dealer Friday for my wife’s inspection and oil change.

Nobody was there , I did t see a salesman , I asked the service manager why .

He said “we don’t have any cars to sell”

“Anything coming in is already sold , for full sticker , it’s going to be this way for all of 2022”

This is crazy .. housing market is nuts too

12 hours ago, luberhill said:

I don’t get the attraction to the Toyota’s . 
To me they seems cheap and flimsy , interior and exterior ..

Ford , Chevy and Dodge in that order for me

Like everyone else said, Its the reliability that wins me over every time. I have 230,000 miles on my current Toyota, so I'm hoping to replicate that with the truck. Ford is the best American truck company IMO, but still pales in comparison to Toyota when it comes to reliability. Toyota is behind with technology as usual, but that doesn't bother me that much. Id never own a Chevy or Ram outside of a lease. There's a reason Toyota is the biggest car company in the world and they keep their value

41 minutes ago, luberhill said:

We were at the Lincoln dealer Friday for my wife’s inspection and oil change.

Nobody was there , I did t see a salesman , I asked the service manager why .

He said “we don’t have any cars to sell”

“Anything coming in is already sold , for full sticker , it’s going to be this way for all of 2022”

This is crazy .. housing market is nuts too

We have over 400 people laid off next week . Supply shortage is shutting down assembly plants which shuts down everyone else that supplies to assembly plants. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Like everyone else said, Its the reliability that wins me over every time. I have 230,000 miles on my current Toyota, so I'm hoping to replicate that with the truck. Ford is the best American truck company IMO, but still pales in comparison to Toyota when it comes to reliability. Toyota is behind with technology as usual, but that doesn't bother me that much. Id never own a Chevy or Ram outside of a lease. There's a reason Toyota is the biggest car company in the world and they keep their value

Again drive what you like , I have had zero reliability issues with Ford or Gm .

I put a lot of miles on my vehicles , oil changes every 5000 miles . All the foreign “ trucks” seem small and cheap.

I still remember seeing the stacks of Toyota rotted out frames with the 4 billion dollar recall .

They just seem cheaply made and small compared to a full size American truck.

But if YOU are happy that’s really all that matters 

18 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Those “ biggest in the world “ numbers are mainly overseas numbers so that makes sense .

I always thought it was the same reason Dollar Stores do so well , people like cheap :)

Im sticking with what has worked for me, I’m sure you will do the same !

Cheers !

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

We have over 400 people laid off next week . Supply shortage is shutting down assembly plants which shuts down everyone else that supplies to assembly plants. 

My buddy owns a Chinese restaurant , he said the prices are doubling on avocados , rice , chop sticks , containers etc..

Last week he kinda complained to the supplier when buying over 400 pounds of rice ..

Supplier told him , “ if you don’t want it , no problem, the guy down the street will take it”

Avacados were 22.00 a case , now 42.00 a case ..

Now they can’t use polystyrene to go containers , the plastic ones are double the cost.

If he raises the prices his customers bitch …

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Again drive what you like , I have had zero reliability issues with Ford or Gm .

I put a lot of miles on my vehicles , oil changes every 5000 miles . All the foreign “ trucks” seem small and cheap.

I still remember seeing the stacks of Toyota rotted out frames with the 4 billion dollar recall .

They just seem cheaply made and small compared to a full size American truck.

But if YOU are happy that’s really all that matters 

I agree, drive what you like and what makes you happy. Just a friendly conversation here, that's all. Changing oil and filters regularly definitely helps with every companies reliability. 

For sure, Toyota had its share of issues early on with rotting frames, but I think they've gone way past that. They were definitely behind on the luxury aspect of trucks and it did feel cheaply made on the inside, but they also had a reputation for being built like tanks. No company is perfect, they all have their issues. I do believe the Toyotas are slightly smaller than the American truck companies, but I'm not sure by how much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Those “ biggest in the world “ numbers are mainly overseas numbers so that makes sense .

I always thought it was the same reason Dollar Stores do so well , people like cheap :)

Im sticking with what has worked for me, I’m sure you will do the same !

Cheers !

Agree to disagree on the cheap part of it though. I find it hard to use cheap with a company well known to be the most reliable company in the world, when talking about their cars as a whole.

1 minute ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I agree, drive what you like and what makes you happy. Just a friendly conversation here, that's all. Changing oil and filters regularly definitely helps with every companies reliability. 

For sure, Toyota had its share of issues early on with rotting frames, but I think they've gone way past that. They were definitely behind on the luxury aspect of trucks and it did feel cheaply made on the inside, but they also had a reputation for being built like tanks. No company is perfect, they all have their issues. I do believe the Toyotas are slightly smaller than the American truck companies, but I'm not sure by how much. 

I’m a tier one supplier to Ford , Gm and Chrysler , back in the 90s I remember we couldn’t park a foreign vehicle in the main parking lot :)

Its a global economy now :)

Yea I like my vehicles plush because my butt is that seat for hours every day.

2 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Agree to disagree on the cheap part of it though. I find it hard to use cheap with a company well known to be the most reliable company in the world, when talking about their cars as a whole.

The component items seem cheap, thin, light weight ..doors , hood hinges , interior …

Just comparing it to what I’m used to driving