Jump to content

My truck shopping adventure


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Kind of an unfair comparison if you ask me. Right now used cars are selling for higher than they ever have, but even then value is subjective as we were mentioning before. I believe Toyota is the best value of all, but that's just me. 

Yea again, I’m not looking for “ value”

per say, I like comfort and reliability .

I have never had a major issue with any of my trucks ( knock on wood )

Kinda makes sense the more products you sell , the more issues will show up.

Toyota sells 1 tenth of the trucks that Ford does

Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ll stick with what I have had luck with !

Ive been averaging 65k miles a year just for work .

Its getting old and so am I ..

Looking forward to retirement and cutting way back on those miles .

I was buying new trucks every couple years …then I got hooked up with a local dealer and started buying used .

I still bought my wife’s new and I also bought a new Jeep last year ..

Trying to keep the miles down on that but still have 18k on it and it had 3 miles on it in May 

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea again, I’m not looking for “ value”

per say, I like comfort and reliability .

I have never had a major issue with any of my trucks ( knock on wood )

Kinda makes sense the more products you sell , the more issues will show up.

Toyota sells 1 tenth of the trucks that Ford does

Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ll stick with what I have had luck with !

Ive been averaging 65k miles a year just for work .

Its getting old and so am I ..

Looking forward to retirement and cutting way back on those miles .

I was buying new trucks every couple years …then I got hooked up with a local dealer and started buying used .

I still bought my wife’s new and I also bought a new Jeep last year ..

Trying to keep the miles down on that but still have 18k on it and it had 3 miles on it in May 

100 percent toyota sells about 1/8 of the trucks ford sells. Trucks is fords bread and butter, but outside of trucks ford does not compete with Toyota. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea again, I’m not looking for “ value”

per say, I like comfort and reliability .

I have never had a major issue with any of my trucks ( knock on wood )

Kinda makes sense the more products you sell , the more issues will show up.

Toyota sells 1 tenth of the trucks that Ford does

Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ll stick with what I have had luck with !

Ive been averaging 65k miles a year just for work .

Its getting old and so am I ..

Looking forward to retirement and cutting way back on those miles .

I was buying new trucks every couple years …then I got hooked up with a local dealer and started buying used .

I still bought my wife’s new and I also bought a new Jeep last year ..

Trying to keep the miles down on that but still have 18k on it and it had 3 miles on it in May 

You’re hard to follow with all the miles you drive and vehicles you own or owned.  What’s easy to see is your dislike for Toyota products.  
 

Lol have a fine day. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Ive been averaging 65k miles a year just for work .

Yikes !
my ‘17 or ‘18 ,I’m not 100% on the year , has 30k on it  ,one reason gas prices don’t really concern me much .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

100 percent toyota sells about 1/8 of the trucks ford sells. Trucks is fords bread and butter, but outside of trucks ford does not compete with Toyota. 

Yea Ford isn’t into the hybrid tree hugger wannabes market . I get that . Right now trucks is where the money is even though they keep telling us electric cars are where it’s at .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You’re hard to follow with all the miles you drive and vehicles you own or owned.  What’s easy to see is your dislike for Toyota products.  
 

Lol have a fine day. 

Yea some day I will have my CPA send me the list of vehicles I’ve owned since I’ve been on the road.

Last year he told me my work miles were over 2 million..

Again, it’s not as much fun as when I was in my 20s

I worked with a rep last week that covers the whole east coast ..he has a company provided car .

Gets a new one every year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yikes !
my ‘17 or ‘18 ,I’m not 100% on the year , has 30k on it  ,one reason gas prices don’t really concern me much .

I’d be concerned if I had to pay for gas for work.

When I retire , soon I think , I’ll probably do less than 10k a year .

Friend of mine hauls gasoline , his Peterbilt has 500k miles on it , not sure what his avg per year miles are but it’s a lot .

He doesn’t go out of state though

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just did Varoom on my 2021 Jeep, they offered more than I paid 7 months ago .

I get supplier / family discount from Ford , Gm and Chrysler ..

Not sure if there is a clause that I can’t resell within a certain timeframe …

Probably not.. also if I sold sit I may not be able to find another .

Doesnt sound like this will end anytime soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, First-light said:

2021 Chevy 1500 LT. V8 20" tires Deep Shadow Grey. Crew cab with 6' bed.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 3.10.26 PM.png

Good luck with it.  Some very strong brand loyalty in this thread.  I am not brand loyal.  I love my Ford raptor, enough to buy 2, but I think all models have their lemons.  Hope yours is everything you want!  Good looking vehicle.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, luberhill said:

Yea Ford isn’t into the hybrid tree hugger wannabes market . I get that . Right now trucks is where the money is even though they keep telling us electric cars are where it’s at .

Except ford just released a hybrid and will release a full electric version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Except ford just released a hybrid and will release a full electric version

Sure they will, but it will not be their bread and butter .

Ford has had hybrids for years in their suvs , but the gas and diesel trucks remain their mainstay 

 

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, luberhill said:

There’s not enough bandwidth here to post all of Fords issues LOL .I did read it was America’s most popular full size truck ?lol .The thing  with Toyota ,they will make it right .I’m on the Tundra forums ,and the vette forums ,I’m seeing way more issues with the latter.

it’s always risky to buy first year new of anything .

I am that guy moog  speaks of with brand loyalty .I’ve been consistently happy for over 12 years with them ,they haven’t done me wrong yet .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

There’s not enough bandwidth here to post all of Fords issues LOL .I did read it was America’s most popular full size truck ?lol .The thing  with Toyota ,they will make it right .I’m on the Tundra forums ,and the vette forums ,I’m seeing way more issues with the latter.

it’s always risky to buy first year new of anything .

I am that guy moog  speaks of with brand loyalty .I’ve been consistently happy for over 12 years with them ,they haven’t done me wrong yet .

Yea well again , Ford makes a million truck a year , Toy , 100,000

Note Toyota’s response in the write up…” that’s all we are going to do “

My neighbor had an issue with his GMC truck , parts on back order, GM put him in a free loaner truck until parts arrived.

Drive what you like but these people seem like they are sh** outta luck for now , sucks to pay that much and it sits and you have nothing to drive

Reminds me if the piles of rotted out frames and the 4 BILLION dollar recall..

Good luck with your choice !

And with the hundreds of thousands of miles I’ve put on Ford , Chevy and Dodge , none have done me wrong and ANY small issue I have had were taken care of no problem !

 

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, luberhill said:

Lease or buy ? Trade in ? Could you get discount off sticker ?

Truck was bought over 9 months ago. I did get $1250 off sticker. Will also be getting a free extended warrantee because I waited so long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea well again , Ford makes a million truck a year , Toy , 100,000

Note Toyota’s response in the write up…” that’s all we are going to do “

My neighbor had an issue with his GMC truck , parts on back order, GM put him in a free loaner truck until parts arrived.

Drive what you like but these people seem like they are sh** outta luck for now , sucks to pay that much and it sits and you have nothing to drive

Reminds me if the piles of rotted out frames and the 4 BILLION dollar recall..

Good luck with your choice !

And with the hundreds of thousands of miles I’ve put on Ford , Chevy and Dodge , none have done me wrong and ANY small issue I have had were taken care of no problem !

 

Never been in a loaner yet owning a yota LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats on the new truck! I've been having a hell of a time getting a test drive for the Tundra. If I was leasing, I would get a Ram for sure. Since I want to buy, I want to get the Tundra. 

Thanks! Be ready to wait until early summer. I found 2 that could be test driven in the Rochester area. Everything listed on every dealers site was either not going to be in until late February and all of them were already sold. I drove the only 4x4 I could find and really was not impressed. Maybe it was because it was a lower trim model (SR5), but my Ram is also a lower end trim and it’s a lot nicer IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Never been in a loaner yet owning a yota LOL.

Yup I hear ya , too bad they don’t supply their customers loaners while their trucks sit at the dealers, broken down,  like the ones in the write up… pretty sad customer service :)

Edited by luberhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yup I hear ya , too bad they don’t supply their customers loaners while their trucks sit at the dealers, broken down,  like the ones in the write up… pretty sad customer service :)

Actually ,they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Truck was bought over 9 months ago. I did get $1250 off sticker. Will also be getting a free extended warrantee because I waited so long. 

I have a 12-18 month wait for the Chevy I just put a DP on .I built a 22,but may come in as a 24.

 

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks! Be ready to wait until early summer. I found 2 that could be test driven in the Rochester area. Everything listed on every dealers site was either not going to be in until late February and all of them were already sold. I drove the only 4x4 I could find and really was not impressed. Maybe it was because it was a lower trim model (SR5), but my Ram is also a lower end trim and it’s a lot nicer IMO. 

100 percent ram is going to be feel nicer and look nicer at the lower trims, I’m sure even the mid level ram will look better than the mid level Tundra. For a lease, you definitely went the right route. I had one dealership tell me to come in for a test drive and then after I drove 30 minutes to get there, they refused to let me test drive it. Thankfully I’m not looking to buy until august/September anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...