Sheep Show Auction Results

Dinsdale

I’d love to go back to Spain, I thought that was just awesome on every level when I did some hunting and tourist stuff.

They hunt roughly Sept. onwards and what I’m trying to do is bookend the front part of a trip with an ibex and travel onwards to Zimbabwe for a buffalo or 2.

I’ve bought auction hunts before, and at a decent discount, the Spain hunt could be just a fun time; with no pressure and no need to upgrade beyond a nice representative animal. That trip was a good value at its selling price as 2 out of the 4 ibex species are high trophy fees in general. And I know of the outfitter. Have to do a ton of research before bidding on these, every hunt is structured different with conditions.

What I really want is to do a tur or ibex species in Asia, but the political situation in that area and the Russians making noise in Kazakhstan, messing with the Ukrainians, and political strife with US and NATO and corvid in Russia; has me unsettled to drop a deposit on a hunt there at this time. I did Zimbabwe this past fall, and feel pretty certain I can make that situation work even if things get a bit stupid with airlines and such. On the front end things don’t happen the African outfit will roll money forward, on the backend between the both of us we have enough resources to get me home.

• Like 4

The Washington state sheep tag went for $190,000. A couple years back my friend their,  drew one of the five tags they issue every year , he shot one, but damn I’d have sold that tag in a heart beat .

Yea I’d love to hunt sheep but $190K is a ton of other hunts and still save $100K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, suburbanfarmer said:
2 hours ago, Nomad said:

The Washington state sheep tag went for $190,000. A couple years back my friend their,  drew one of the five tags they issue every year , he shot one, but damn I’d have sold that tag in a heart beat .

I agree as well. I'd of soldit too.

It would pay for years of out of state whitetail and elk hunts.

4 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I was surprised some of those hunts seemed very reasonable. Then there were others that were sky high. Good luck with the next auction!

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

The sheep tags sell high as they are a major fund raiser for habitat/research/relocation projects/etc. The money generated goes directly to the cause of sheep preservation.

The marquee attraction also is they are usually not unit specific or date specific. Any unit, anytime during the appropriate season, for the respective state or reservation.

Juxtapose that with say SCI’s auctions; they fund SCI. Yes some trickles out on limited projects at the headquarters level (and most via the individual chapters); but bidding this years auction hunt with Trump Jr. doesn’t go to bear research or habitat. Its about getting a pic with Jr. They are even auctioning a used rifle of his. What’s SCI funds tend to be used for is political lobbying and lawyers. 

• Like 1

The sheep tags sell high as they are a major fund raiser for habitat/research/relocation projects/etc. The money generated goes directly to the cause of sheep preservation.
The marquee attraction also is they are usually not unit specific or date specific. Any unit, anytime during the appropriate season, for the respective state or reservation.

Juxtapose that with say SCI’s auctions; they fund SCI. Yes some trickles out on limited projects at the headquarters level (and most via the individual chapters); but bidding this years auction hunt with Trump Jr. doesn’t go to bear research or habitat. Its about getting a pic with Jr. They are even auctioning a used rifle of his. What’s SCI funds tend to be used for is political lobbying and lawyers. 
Interesting. I feel like the other auction would be one I'm more inclined to participate in

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes