Well I’ll be hunting Tennessee !

Nomad

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Where are catching those!  Nice pan fish - actually they really aren't pan fish at that size!

Secret, secret..sshhh Lol. At camp on one of the Indian river lakes up here.. ;). 

I've been lucky and catch 1 or 2 17-18"ers every year. Usually after the good bite is over in the spring the big ones are hanging  out together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It’s pretty obvious that you need to get out of this state more often. Good gravy. 

Every time I do get out, I look forward to coming home.  I have yet to visit a state that can even come close to holding a candle to upstate NY.

My biggest problem with any of them south of PA, is the oppressive heat.  In these days of global warming, the smart folks are moving north.  That’s probably why we are seeing our land prices going crazy.  

Edited by wolc123

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Secret, secret..sshhh Lol. At camp on one of the Indian river lakes up here.. ;). 

I've been lucky and catch 1 or 2 17-18"ers every year. Usually after the good bite is over in the spring the big ones are hanging  out together.

I miss those lakes..... There is like 7 of them and they all have something different. Great area. I never go anymore just fish behind the house. It's just too easy to be out in 5 minutes.  Plus i sold my little row boat like an idiot. 

But that area may be the best spot for a fisherman in the state. Those lakes, then close to the St Lawrence and black lake.  

I've caught (tied) my PB best smallie and my record for most bass in a day on two of those lakes.  And shhhh will keep it a secret! Lol

• Like 2

Every time I do get out, I look forward to coming home.  I have yet to visit a state that can even come close to holding a candle to upstate NY.
My biggest problem with any of them south of PA, is the oppressive heat.  In these days of global warming, the smart folks are moving north.  That’s probably why we are seeing our land prices going crazy.  

So at the end of the spring semester this year are you going to add a day or two to your trip for fishing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

So at the end of the spring semester this year are you going to add a day or two to your trip for fishing ?

Probably not, but I might have an early morning or evening or two open.  Do they bite good in late May / early June ?  

44 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hudson River striped bass!!!!

See Crappy being a fisherman , the whole name thing through me off . I catch something like that, I’m cutting the line .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I always thought I’d go north or west when I left NY but western NC/east Tn are gaining more and more momentum with ability to golf year round!

We hit 58* today. The golfers were out. There has been some cold, rainy nasty weather this winter though. But, compacting our weather to NYS is, IMO a no brainer.

• Like 1

We hit 58* today. The golfers were out. There has been some cold, rainy nasty weather this winter though. But, compacting our weather to NYS is, IMO a no brainer.

I never in a million years would have guessed I would be considering golf in my NY exit plan but it definitely is. Hell I’m giving up two ice fishing tournaments for a couple 4 day golf trips to myrtle beach this winter.