Snow has started

Nytracker

I left for work at 1:30 , got here at 2:30 and have been plowing since . Drive in wasn’t terrible and it seems to be letting up now . We did get off snd on freezing rain though . Be safe everyone ..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Just said screw it,will see how road conditions are in a little bit.got up at 345 to do driveway and have seen 1 plow go by in both directions in the last 2 hours.if I had a 4wd I'd make the attempt but the old short box chevy 2wd spins in 2" of snow,not 12!!!!

Boss's brother txt me n said 3 people at work when he showed up.guess I don't feel too bad now!!:rofl:

• Like 2

A solid foot at 6:15am. It took me an hour and a half to do the drive way when it normally takes me 30-45 min tops. It’s still coming down. I’ll take my time before heading into work. No need to rush my projects aren’t going anywhere.

3679b69663f74e390b98b6390f77575b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winds were insane last night. We have 90’ pine trees in our backyard and it felt like they were touching the house. Recycling all over the backyard and one vinyl fence gate door need some TLC!!! Little to no snow but slushy ground left behind

• Like 1

MLK day so no school. I finally got to use my snow blower and it not that easy, I thought it was going to be easier. I wanted to do a path out the the dogs but if you leave the blower down it tears up the ground, if you lift it it just very hard. Snow is up to my knees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

13 inches so far on my vintage Chase-Pitkin yardstick.

8F97CC49-CA6C-45EB-9AC3-167143A1EB9A.jpeg

I’ve got a Star Market one here somewhere .

Daughter from Buffalo came home last night , I just took her to Dr appt. we got ten inches over night , still snowing and blowing , supposed to keep up all day . New AT tires 4x4 , but no traffic is the key really .

Other daughter is off today and thinks she’s going to a massage appt. at noon, lol . She won’t get out of her driveway .

Im considering going over later to dig it out so her fiancé won’t have to when he gets home from work . He was to be working in Hamburg today, so a good 80 miles away I guess ….

• Like 1

MLK day so no school. I finally got to use my snow blower and it not that easy, I thought it was going to be easier. I wanted to do a path out the the dogs but if you leave the blower down it tears up the ground, if you lift it it just very hard. Snow is up to my knees

What kind of snowblower? It should have shoes on the side that you drop down to lift up the blower. I cut paths all around my house.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I’ve got a Star Market one here somewhere .

Daughter from Buffalo came home last night , I just took her to Dr appt. we got ten inches over night , still snowing and blowing , supposed to keep up all day . New AT tires 4x4 , but no traffic is the key really .

Other daughter is off today and thinks she’s going to a massage appt. at noon, lol . She won’t get out of her driveway .

Im considering going over later to dig it out so her fiancé won’t have to when he gets home from work . He was to be working in Hamburg today, so a good 80 miles away I guess ….

Despite what anyone says about you, you're a good dad! :rofl:

Edited by phade

Definitely one of the bigger snowfalls I can recall here in the past two years or so. Still coming down here. We're around 15" from my last poke in the snow, using a vintage Chase Pitkin yard stick. I think they are vintage now, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

Definitely one of the bigger snowfalls I can recall here in the past two years or so. Still coming down here. We're around 15" from my last poke in the snow, using a vintage Chase Pitkin yard stick. I think they are vintage now, right?

Need a Western Auto yardstick for the win!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

What kind of snowblower? It should have shoes on the side that you drop down to lift up the blower. I cut paths all around my house.

It's a Toro 721, not sure what you mean by shoes