Snow has started

Nytracker

13 on the yard stick . Drive .. front walk back walk deck is done . Now to widen the ends of the drive way  and hit the neighbors . Still snowing and the wind hasn't ramped up yet . Hadba false start this morning as I had a broken shear pin . Have a dozen  pins no lock nuts . Trip to hard ware store .

Edited by Nytracker

1 hour ago, phade said:

Despite what anyone says about you, you're a good dad! :rofl:

Lots of free time .

Her fiancé got work cancelled , he’s shoveled the driveway 2x so far so no need for me .

May do the cops driveway  nextdoor ,he’s keeping an eye on our place when we leave , even said his new patrol area is close so if our alarm goes off we’re covered pretty good 24/7 .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

What kind of snowblower? It should have shoes on the side that you drop down to lift up the blower. I cut paths all around my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No boots, but it's lifted some already. Maybe it's so hard because it's heavy snow and not smooth ground. 

I did my car out, I will go back out for round three in a while

No boots, but it's lifted some already. Maybe it's so hard because it's heavy snow and not smooth ground. 
I did my car out, I will go back out for round three in a while

It is heavy snow. I’m surprised it doesn’t have the shoes. I just looked it up you have a box blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

We have over a foot of snow here in Ontario . Got out the snow blower and cleared the driveway . The battery was dead in my Subaru this am so I drove my wife's Impala to the Eye Doctor in Irondequoit this am . The roads had been plowed but were still nasty . She doesn't have aggressive tires on the car and I got stuck a couple times but made it there and back . It's still snowing .......

I usually plow 5 drive ways on a heavey storm ... all my neighbors  paid to have their driveways plowed today..  good for me as I don't  have to do it but not a one of them ever paid me all the times I did it in the last few years . Not that I wouldnhave taken there money ... its what neighbors do for each other.

• Like 2

Anyone know the Buffalo conditions? Samantha is here and I think she wants to head back in a couple hours, she lives in the Elmwood village/ Allen town area .

it stopped snowing here in Roch. But I think Buff got more and will get more ? Plus I’d rather give them another day to plow the streets there .

thanks

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Anyone know the Buffalo conditions? Samantha is here and I think she wants to head back in a couple hours, she lives in the Elmwood village/ Allen town area .

it stopped snowing here in Roch. But I think Buff got more and will get more ? Plus I’d rather give them another day to plow the streets there .

thanks

Heading down there now ,I’ll let ya know

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

thanks

Side streets in the City are always a mess for a couple of days after a snow storm. All other roads getting there are good right now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Larry...Easy way to tell real time. Get the nys 511 app. They have live cameras you can view on most major roads and highways. You can check road conditions just about anywhere in the state from your living room. Just tap any camera symbol and it will be live when you hit the play icon.

I watched a guy this morning in Parish get stuck at a gas station hauling a trailer. ;)

Pretty neat app.

• Like 1