February vacation booked! Anyone else traveling?

REDNECK4LIFE32

Just booked our next trip. Jekyll Island February 19-26. Winter break for wife and kids. We're beachfront condo with pool and not far from private pier for fishing. Couldn't beat the price 7 nights $1000. Jekyll Island is privately owned by the state of Georgia. Very quiet lots of trails and history. Golf and beautiful beach. The island is loaded with deer last year we were walking down beach and there were deer tracks everywhere. Will spend time on Jekyll and st Simons. Will be house hunting again. Hopefully the fishing is as good as last year. My buddy just got this condo so it will be my first time staying there. Then hopefully I will be headed down for a month in March. Not sure where I'm going yet. Then April for spring break going to st Simons island rented another ocean front condo from a buddy. Hooked up again with killer deal. 15-23. Anyone else traveling? Let's hear it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

We just booked a long weekend airbnb in Vermont for the end of March, and a place in Maine for August. It's nice to have something to look forward to. I hope you guys have a great trip!

Where in Maine are you going? I've always wanted to rent a lake house up there in summer. Heard it's great fishing. We just went to old orchard beach this past summer just b4 labor day.

1 minute ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Where in Maine are you going? I've always wanted to rent a lake house up there in summer. Heard it's great fishing. We just went to old orchard beach this past summer just b4 labor day.

I pushed for a lake house, but my wife likes being closer to the coast. We usually are somewhere around Freeport/Brunswick. 

Two,months in a couple parts of Fla, with visiting others on the way down and back .  March we will be a few houses from Lido beach , which I hear is pretty nice .

August two weeks in Alaska , June a wedding in Virginia if that counts .

Well you asked .

• Like 1

In April me the wife and kids are going to Texas for a week to visit some friends. Gonna check out the JFK museum and some other things.

My father in-law passed away this past September and in 2020 we did our first trip  with the entire family all of my brother in-laws their families and my in-laws. We all went to black lake since my father in-law loved going there as a kid.  So this July we're all going back for a week. We have 4 cabins and each family has their own pontoon for a week.

It will be a very fun but emotional trip. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Two,months in a couple parts of Fla, with visiting others on the way down and back .  March we will be a few houses from Lido beach , which I hear is pretty nice .

August two weeks in Alaska , June a wedding in Virginia if that counts .

Well you asked .

Sounds like fun I wanna make it too Alaska one day to Denali national park. Fishing there is on my bucket list. I thought about going to Florida Amelia island or Fernando beach outside of Jacksonville.

1 minute ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Nice haven't been that far up we usually stay in wells too.

Mike's Crab Shack! 

I eat till I'm about to burst there when we stay in Wells. Then go to the beach and try to walk it off......

Freeport is nice too!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Red said:

In April me the wife and kids are going to Texas for a week to visit some friends. Gonna check out the JFK museum and some other things.

My father in-law passed away this past September and in 2020 we did our first trip  with the entire family all of my brother in-laws their families and my in-laws. We all went to black lake since my father in-law loved going there as a kid.  So this July we're all going back for a week. We have 4 cabins and each family has their own pontoon for a week.

It will be a very fun but emotional trip. 

Sorry for your lose. Sounds like you'll have a great time. Where is black lake?

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Mike's Crab Shack! 

I eat till I'm about to burst there when we stay in Wells. Then go to the beach and try to walk it off......

Freeport is nice too!

Been there a few times great food and entertainment when they have band. Have you gone to cogdans doughnuts? And the food trucks there are good too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

It's busy all the summer long in Maine. Where in Vermont are you going? My wife always wanted to go to Woodstock VT. We drive through it on our trip to New Hampshire and Maine.

Woodstock looks beautiful, but I've only driven through it. We stay near Stowe. Since it's got the mountain, there are plenty of restaurants and stuff, and in the off season, it's pretty quiet. However, most of the restaurants and shops are open. Our favorite is the Von Trapp Family Lodge. Good food and beer, along with a ton of cool taxidermy in the restaurant. A lot to do around there, and just drive around and see in general. I can pass along the cabins we stay in if you want to look at them. The owner is a little hippieish, but they are clean, rustic and pet friendly. We're staying south of Stowe this time around at a different place since our other cabins were booked. Still looks like a nice place though. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Woodstock looks beautiful, but I've only driven through it. We stay near Stowe. Since it's got the mountain, there are plenty of restaurants and stuff, and in the off season, it's pretty quiet. However, most of the restaurants and shops are open. Our favorite is the Von Trapp Family Lodge. Good food and beer, along with a ton of cool taxidermy in the restaurant. A lot to do around there, and just drive around and see in general. I can pass along the cabins we stay in if you want to look at them. The owner is a little hippieish, but they are clean, rustic and pet friendly. We're staying south of Stowe this time around at a different place since our other cabins were booked. Still looks like a nice place though. 

Sure sounds good thanks. If you go through Woodstock in the spring/ summer white cottage snack bar is really good. Also has ice cream and place for people to swim or play in river.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Sure sounds good thanks. If you go through Woodstock in the spring/ summer white cottage snack bar is really good. Also has ice cream and place for people to swim or play in river.

Here's one of the cabins she has, I think there are 4 of them all together. I think we've actually stayed in all 4, and I haven't hated any of them. 
https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?guests=1&adults=1&c=.pi0.pk347348896_92333422234&sem_automaid=true&gbraid=0AAAAADz55Lkni2kZ3wd9yzEz4eBjrfBjb&gclid=CjwKCAiAxJSPBhAoEiwAeO_fP6tyY7BvDuSi4-yLVi1ziTV1bk6s3gJqbHir3-slPdBrNGxpetWJxxoCAHMQAvD_BwE&dynamic_product_ids[]=2367883&omni_page_id=27964

Vegas in March. Wife bought it for us as a Christmas gift to me. Been a while. We'll likely adventure out to one of the national parks during that time. We've been in a cycle of east coast beach vacations since Covid started, and honestly, they suck in terms of being different. All east coast beach towns to me are largely the same. I was happy she booked something different for a getaway, as it has been a few years since the last time we went to Vegas.

24 minutes ago, phade said:

Vegas in March. Wife bought it for us as a Christmas gift to me. Been a while. We'll likely adventure out to one of the national parks during that time. We've been in a cycle of east coast beach vacations since Covid started, and honestly, they suck in terms of being different. All east coast beach towns to me are largely the same. I was happy she booked something different for a getaway, as it has been a few years since the last time we went to Vegas.

Old Vegas or New Vegas. We're planning a trip out there eventually not a gambler but to explore places around. Was going to go out for the adult entertainment awards but a buddy chickened out. Lol 

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Cumberland Island supposedly has wild horses running around …not sure how far that is from Jekyll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 miles from Jekyll island only accessible by ferry. We're going to try to go there. Been to outer banks to see the horses but was in wrong part they were up by nags head we were in Avon.