February vacation booked! Anyone else traveling?

REDNECK4LIFE32

1 minute ago, phade said:

Exuma and Long Island are on my bucket list. I've heard Andros is nice - authentic as you noted. Only tough thing I have heard is that if you want to travel far on the island it can be a bit of a logistical effort for transportation. Probably 100% worth it though!

If you haven't been to STJ, I'd put that on the list too. It's phenomenal. I've heard since Covid, it's been hit hard with tourists due to it being still in the US family. When we went, we took a jeep and traversed the island and hit empty beach after empty beach, snorkeled with turtles, and took a day trip to Jost Van Dyke, which was unbelievable. I liked the variation from the Bahamas due to the island type (more mountainous and lush) and the panoramic views being up high is a sight to see.

StJ is on my bucket list. We’ve been talking about taking a trip down there. Probably would have done it already if it wasn’t for Covid. 

14 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Old Vegas or New Vegas. We're planning a trip out there eventually not a gambler but to explore places around. Was going to go out for the adult entertainment awards but a buddy chickened out. Lol 

Old Vegas really doesn't exist much. Been probably 10 times since early 2000s. Even downtown, which was the last "bastion" of old vegas is very much modernized now.

We enjoy Vegas every few years nowadays because you can have a trip to your preference. You can whoop it up, gamble, dance, drink, see shows and acts or you can relax, shop, Spa day (for the wife, obviously), etc. We usually do one outdoor or natural thing in the middle of the trip. Last time was Red Rock Canyon and this time we'll kayak into the hot springs or do Valley of Fire.

• Like 1

There are some many places in this world worth visiting and seeing . Seems like every time we check someplace off we add a few more. Not that I am old however when I was younger I had much more America centric view of the world, I am glad I have traveled quite a bit because it has definitely changed my perception.

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

StJ is on my bucket list. We’ve been talking about taking a trip down there. Probably would have done it already if it wasn’t for Covid. 

It is unreal - if you want to plan a trip let me know - pairing up $$$ for villa rentals there goes a long way - meaning you go from nice to FTW baller status. I still talk to a few people who we met there, now three years later.

STT is different from STJ and I like that because you can do things on STT that are more busy, and also do STJ which is laid back. The ferry to/from Red Hook and Cruz Bay is like 20 minutes.

If the internet hadn't been invented, I'd probably have been a travel agent. LOL. I love travel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trial153 said:

There are some many places in this world worth visiting and seeing . Seems like every time we check someplace off we add a few more. Not that I am old however when I was younger I had much more America centric view of the world, I am glad I have traveled quite a bit because it has definitely changed my perception.

Can't agree more. 

I took my wife and step-daughter to Europe in 2012. They had never cross the border. Life changing perspective.

• Like 1

We've got a trip booked down in Duck, NC in early may. The weather can still be a little cool, or it can be nice and warm, but booking that early saves us a few thousand bucks. Hoping to do some surf fishing, an inshore charter, and maybe hit a pier while I'm there. Also when I was down there last year, I scored some ammo so I'll be on the lookout again this year.

Right after that in late May or early June we're doing a 4 day trip to Hershey Park. I've never been and am not really sure what to expect. I love amusement parks, but I hate waiting in long lines in the sun for long periods of time to ride a ride that is over in 60 seconds. 

Then in August we're headed up to Speculator for a week at Moffitt's. In my opinion, it's hard to beat. 

• Like 1

Can't agree more. 
I took my wife and step-daughter to Europe in 2012. They had never cross the border. Life changing perspective.

Many Americans, myself at one time too all to often believe they have a Monopoly on freedom and that’s we are only ones living well.
Well that isn’t the case. There is a lot of good in the world with happy people living good lives that suit them, their time and their places. Life changing perspective change for sure.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

We've got a trip booked down in Duck, NC in early may. The weather can still be a little cool, or it can be nice and warm, but booking that early saves us a few thousand bucks. Hoping to do some surf fishing, an inshore charter, and maybe hit a pier while I'm there. Also when I was down there last year, I scored some ammo so I'll be on the lookout again this year.

Right after that in late May or early June we're doing a 4 day trip to Hershey Park. I've never been and am not really sure what to expect. I love amusement parks, but I hate waiting in long lines in the sun for long periods of time to ride a ride that is over in 60 seconds. 

Then in August we're headed up to Speculator for a week at Moffitt's. In my opinion, it's hard to beat. 

Two words: DUCK DONUTS!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phade said:

It is unreal - if you want to plan a trip let me know - pairing up $$$ for villa rentals there goes a long way - meaning you go from nice to FTW baller status. I still talk to a few people who we met there, now three years later.

STT is different from STJ and I like that because you can do things on STT that are more busy, and also do STJ which is laid back. The ferry to/from Red Hook and Cruz Bay is like 20 minutes.

If the internet hadn't been invented, I'd probably have been a travel agent. LOL. I love travel.

Let’s talk about it sometime. I doubt this year would be in our cards, but next year would be a possibility. 

Just now, WNYBuckHunter said:

Let’s talk about it sometime. I doubt this year would be in our cards, but next year would be a possibility. 

Sounds good - We're trying to decide between Montana or another beach area down south for a family trip this summer. I have my wife seriously considering relocation for the first time and both Montana and a SE beach area are in the cards for consideration.

But STJ is so much fun, for sure. 

23 minutes ago, phade said:

Murrell's Inlet is a nice respite from MB proper; it's worth a visit in the evening for dinner along the boardwalk.

Carolina Roadhouse in MB has these honey-glazed rolls. Get them. Delicious.

Research shark teeth hunting there and bring your hunting flashlights - I read up on it like it was rouse, but we found several shark teeth at night; I think we found close to 10. It was a great kid/family experience. I spent more time doing a father-daughter activity with that than probably anything we've ever done together. She was hooked. 

Food in general there is very busy - restaurants are backed up all of the time. MB is now the fastest growing city in America and you will see it when you try to go out to eat. Make reservations ahead of time. Like, now. 

We went down twice last year and my father's better half lives down there full-time, so if you need any local suggestions closer to the trip, I can ask.

We went a couple years ago to MB. Stayed at dunes village resort. Restaurant ,bar, coffee shop. 30000 SQ ft water park. Great fun for kids. They set us up in the ocean front penthouse suite. Restaurants we ate ate were moe moons right by sky wheel. Huge seafood platter. Goodfellas seafood hut treated us just like family great food and has mystery lunch and dinner. Lulu's which is a sister restaurant margaritaville. Plus had full kitchen so cooked our own food also. Lots of things to do there.

9 minutes ago, phade said:

Two words: DUCK DONUTS!

When we were down last year, the group that we were with probably went through 20-25 dozen in the week. Some of the flavor combinations seemed a little off the wall, but they were delicious. If I remember right, there were options like maple bacon (with crumbled bacon on top), key lime, and a few others that i wasn't used to. At least, not on a donut...

2 minutes ago, phade said:

Sounds good - We're trying to decide between Montana or another beach area down south for a family trip this summer. I have my wife seriously considering relocation for the first time and both Montana and a SE beach area are in the cards for consideration.

But STJ is so much fun, for sure. 

Nice. Montana is another place I want to get to, but I have other places higher on the list. 

23 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Been through duck on my way to Avon. Outer banks are great I went memorial day weekend rent a oceanfront house. Was great plenty of open space to relax had whole beach to ourselves this was way b4 covid. Realty company we rented from even had private pool we could use.

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nashville being planned for end of march. Didn't happen this past summer. 

Jay text me then  !  We’ll be there around the third week of March , we’re staying at my nephews Lake home , on Old Hickory Lake , he’ll be staying at his main home in a Nashville suburb.

He says I’ll catch around 25 bass an hour , I don’t even know how that’s possible ! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, phade said:

My wife wants to travel to the islands. Antigua look nice. We would like to be somewhere where it's peace and quiet. Plus seeing the beautiful tropical waters. While in Hawaii I enjoyed Waikiki and also lived on the north shore. Nothing better then waking up to ocean view and waves crashing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Red said:

In April me the wife and kids are going to Texas for a week to visit some friends. Gonna check out the JFK museum and some other things.

My father in-law passed away this past September and in 2020 we did our first trip  with the entire family all of my brother in-laws their families and my in-laws. We all went to black lake since my father in-law loved going there as a kid.  So this July we're all going back for a week. We have 4 cabins and each family has their own pontoon for a week.

It will be a very fun but emotional trip. 

Love black lake  if your talking  about the one In New York.    We vacation there alot .  My mom is looking forward to vacation  this year she wants to rent an island on the st.lawrence River 

• Like 2

Camping early March with a few families at Allegany State Park.....actually glamping. The lodges have heat and showers... it is going to be a blast. Hopefully have a few bon fires and eat some good food while enjoying a few drinks while all the kids to get to play. May take some ice fishing gear along and punch a few holes for craps and giggles.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

My wife wants to travel to the islands. Antigua look nice. We would like to be somewhere where it's peace and quiet. Plus seeing the beautiful tropical waters. While in Hawaii I enjoyed Waikiki and also lived on the north shore. Nothing better then waking up to ocean view and waves crashing.

regarding Antigua, I stayed at cocobay and it was awesome. If i remember right, it was only like 30-40 cottages so it's pretty quiet. A short cab ride into town if you want additional nightlife. 

Barbados was also awesome. and Bermuda might have been the best. We did a few unguided hikes and rock/cliff jumped, etc. 

Aruba and Bahamas were just ok IMO.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

regarding Antigua, I stayed at cocobay and it was awesome. If i remember right, it was only like 30-40 cottages so it's pretty quiet. A short cab ride into town if you want additional nightlife. 

Barbados was also awesome. and Bermuda might have been the best. We did a few unguided hikes and rock/cliff jumped, etc. 

Aruba and Bahamas were just ok IMO.

Will look into it. We were supposed to go to grand Bahamas with my mom but hurricane devastation they changed it to Freeport. 10 days cruise there and have hotel for 8 nights then cruise back. But have to sit through timeshare crap to get tickets. I warned here to let me and wife book trips now she's stuck going and can't find anyone else to go. No refunds.