Martin Luther King Jr. Day

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Today we commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Though we have come a long way as a country, racial strife continues to plague us. Below I post a video of MLK explaining how the injustice of slavery and segregation resulted in a legacy of economic division that persists today.

I didn’t click in, but how does this relate to Gun and Hunting Laws/Politics?

Seems like you’re trying to bait some members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that pretty much every thread in this section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I welcome this post.  MLK made his point here, but it was flawed.

The "free land" that was available to the west, was open to anyone who was willing to go for it and many blacks did.  There were many black cowboys and ranchers in the west in the late 1800's and early 1900's. 

Many European immigrants came to America at that same time with nothing but the clothes on their backs.  They were able to prosper in spite of prejudice against many of them.  The key difference wasn't their skin color.  It was their attitude.  They saw opportunity and went for it.  They didn't adopt a victim mentality that destroyed their motivation.

As far as not helping blacks after slavery ended, billions of tax dollars have been spent on minority programs since Abe Lincoln was President with all manner of help and preferential treatment being offered.  To say they weren't given any "boots" is just not true.  To this day, the government spends billions on minority programs that have never produced a positive result.  Maybe it's because those programs, administered in cities controlled by the Democrat party, are not designed to help blacks succeed.

Edited by Grouse