Creek fox

WNYTRPR

11 minutes ago, Paula said:

Gloves are a great idea, do you have to do anything special to the hide because of the mange? 

I do try to salvage it ,depending on the severity .This one unfortunately did not come home.His head and neck were covered as well.

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

Let me pick your brain on the blind set. I have a deer carcass out back that gets hit everyday by a fisher and about every three days by a yote. I don’t want to catch the fisher so I haven’t made any sets. I noticed the yote goes in the same way 90% of the time. Would a blind set work in one of the pinch points?
9f0f1543c2150ee2dc908ce8fa593f7b.jpg
This spot is tight it walks right along the log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Let me pick your brain on the blind set. I have a deer carcass out back that gets hit everyday by a fisher and about every three days by a yote. I don’t want to catch the fisher so I haven’t made any sets. I noticed the yote goes in the same way 90% of the time. Would a blind set work in one of the pinch points?
9f0f1543c2150ee2dc908ce8fa593f7b.jpg
This spot is tight it walks right along the log.

I see the perfect blind set there .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Wouldn’t that tip them off.I was going to use wax dirt and blend it in with the snow.

curiosity set. Barely need to blend in traps. Caught 5 in same set years back. Use hay mound as backing . dab of lure and shred smaller pieces of hay over trap. Grapples if on ice so no staking needed

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mattypotpie8S said:

Search Skye Goode on youtube. She gave me some courage for when the time comes. Lots of wolf and bobcat releases, she's great.

She has some good videos,but needs to work on setting up the camera better.I couldn't hear her.If you haven't already check out coon creek outfitters that guy Phil keeps it simple.

• Like 1