DEC Announces Closure of All Target Shooting Activity at Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area

Unsupervised ranges are a recipe for disaster.  Many years ago, Creekside gun shop had a free range that seemed respectable.  However, one day I had the "down range" flag in on a clear going to the 100-yard targets and a guy starts shooting at 25-yard targets.  I sprint to the side where the house is to stay out of harm's way and get back to the shooting line to have a discussion.

I asked why he started shooting on a "clear".   Oh, that was because I was on a different range! 

Now the targets are side by side at different distances on this range.  I informed him that he was really too stupid to own a gun and he should really turn it into the police.  I went inside the gun shop and told them what had just happen.  Next time I was there they did have a range officer, but I never shot there again.  I built my own range

13 hours ago, hueyjazz said:

Unsupervised ranges are a recipe for disaster.  Many years ago, Creekside gun shop had a free range that seemed respectable.  However, one day I had the "down range" flag in on a clear going to the 100-yard targets and a guy starts shooting at 25-yard targets.  I sprint to the side where the house is to stay out of harm's way and get back to the shooting line to have a discussion.

I asked why he started shooting on a "clear".   Oh, that was because I was on a different range! 

Now the targets are side by side at different distances on this range.  I informed him that he was really too stupid to own a gun and he should really turn it into the police.  I went inside the gun shop and told them what had just happen.  Next time I was there they did have a range officer, but I never shot there again.  I built my own range

Ha, the farm I hunt surrounded Creekside our land is down the road a piece , they’ve been closed for like 20 years now pity , great shop and staff .

I used to shoot my shotgun there mid day in bow season ,hunt ,shoot, hunt . Weekends near gun season was scary , lots of guys I wouldn’t want near me in the woods .

Guys who shot there , somehow got the idea they could just hunt the area, big pain in the ass to the farm .