Anyone Skiing?

Splitear

14 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

We are headed there tomorrow afternoon.....my boys are pumped. Is that a pic of you on Tannenbaum? If so it's probably one of the most picturesque runs on the east coast.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yes, Tannenbaum, top of Cindy's, and top of Crystal. Enjoy the day!! I hope it's not too crowded.

I always enjoyed skiing at Holiday Valley. I used to sign up for a once a week night pass that went for maybe 10 or 11 weeks. I chose Monday nights to avoid the crowds. Started skiing about 4 PM and by 10 PM I had enough skiing. Weekends were brutal, but the management liked it, I'm sure.

Ski Wing in Allegany had some nice skiing back in the day, but it closed down years ago. Vermont was great skiing. Stratton , Okemo, Bromley, Killington.... I had some injuries not related to skiing, so I hung 'em up years ago...Good times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Merlot said:

Vermont was great skiing. Stratton , Okemo, Bromley, Killington....

My wife and I used to go to Vermont every year around the 1st week of Jan. We would stay in Rutland and go to Okemo mostly but we did Kilington and Piko several times. We haven't gone in at least 3-4 years, every time I ask her if she wants to go to Vermont she always says my legs aren't up to those long runs!! 

43 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

My wife and I used to go to Vermont every year around the 1st week of Jan. We would stay in Rutland and go to Okemo mostly but we did Kilington and Piko several times. We haven't gone in at least 3-4 years, every time I ask her if she wants to go to Vermont she always says my legs aren't up to those long runs!! 

I forgot about Piko..Great mountain also. We stayed at the Londonderry Inn most of the time.

• Like 1

Splitear:

i see you’re in Ballston Spa- there is a great resource for young kids right in Easton.  Willard is a small place but they have a great kids program.  My little guy and many of his classmates started at 3 or 4.  Now as teenagers everything is about Gore or killington etc LOL

it might be worth it for you and the family to take a ride over on a Saturday morning and check it out for next year.  It’s a good value and the program for the little kids is great (or at least it was 10 years ago.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billyb6 said:

Splitear:

i see you’re in Ballston Spa- there is a great resource for young kids right in Easton.  Willard is a small place but they have a great kids program.  My little guy and many of his classmates started at 3 or 4.  Now as teenagers everything is about Gore or killington etc LOL

it might be worth it for you and the family to take a ride over on a Saturday morning and check it out for next year.  It’s a good value and the program for the little kids is great (or at least it was 10 years ago.

We might try to go over next weekend. I've had a few people recommended Willard.