Man accused of killing UCLA student at L.A. furniture store arrested 

Man accused of killing UCLA student at L.A. furniture store arrested 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-accused-of-killing-ucla-student-at-l-a-furniture-store-arrested/ar-AASVNfg?ocid=SL5GDHP

A sad and senseless loss of a good person at the hands of a violent sociopath. 

Nowhere in the article does the media call this “People Violence”.  Had the murderer used a firearm they surely would refer to the act as “Gun Violence” and go into a tirade on the “Gun Violence” problem.  Also nowhere in the article do the use the word “murder”.  They sugar coat this vicious murder by using the word “killing” like it was some attempt to lessen the violent act committed by this violent sociopath.  Even the title of this article is wrong.  It should read “Man accused of murdering UCLA student at L.A. furniture store arrested”. 

The article states “Police said there is no known motive to the stabbing and they believe it was a random attack.” 

A clear example of how the media down plays the evil, vicious act by a violent sociopath.  Notice they call it a “stabbing” when they should call it “murder”.  I believe they would not use the phrase "Knife Violence" in fear it would diminish their brainwashing phrase of "Gun Violence".  They refer to it as a “random attack” like it was an error or mistake committed by some third party person. The article should state “Police said they have not determined the motive for this murder by a violent sociopath”. 

Sadly there are some who are unwilling due to their flawed ideologies and support for criminals or who are unable due to their emotional instability mental illness and/or intellectual deficiency to accept the reality of “People Violence”.  Sadly these ignorant “Gun Violence” propaganda people preach their ignorance to the weak minded to perpetuate the problem.   

So it’s all a guise to perpetuate a hatred for firearms by those politicians, celebrities and others who use the phrase “Gun Violence”.  Their end game is the restriction and prohibition of firearm ownership.  Never will you hear them use the phrases “Knife Violence”, “Vehicle Violence”, “Hammer Violence” or the names of other murder weapons preceding the word “Violence”.   They cannot accept the truth that it is “People Violence”.  Recently Governor Hochul defined one of her programs in the state budget using the phrase “Gun Violence”.  Apparently Hochul believes only the violent use of firearms results in injury or death otherwise she would honestly call it what it is, “People Violence” regardless of the weapon used.   

So please, every time you hear the phrase "Gun Violence" used, correct them with the truth because it "People Violence" regardless of the weapon used in violent crime. 

You will barely hear a peep about this on Communist News or MSDNC, I'm afraid- due to the fact that the alleged perp and the vics race do not fit their preferred narrative of "Victim" (black) and "oppressor" (white).   You remember that scumbag piece of garbage that mowed down a bunch of people in the thanksgiving parade in Wisconsin a few months ago? Race of scumbag: Black; race of victims: all white.  And the news -with the exception of FOX , of course- barely covered it. When it was mentioned, a commentator even referred to the incident, only days after it occurred, mind you,  as : a car mowed down people" or something like that;  I would have preferred something far more accurate and fitting, such as  "A scumbag evil racist mowed down a bunch of people based on their skin color" , a characterization quite easily validated by the perps own racist rants. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Hope what you say is accurate 

You stated very clearly already that other networks weren't covering it.  Did you make that declaration without checking?  This awful story is everywhere.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I was referring to the TV coverage , not local news. Also, I was referring to the narrative.  Also, If you look again at my post , it was more of a prediction than a declaration, based on thier lack of commentary on the Parade massacre. Read it again.

Just admit that you jumped to a demonstrably inaccurate conclusion without first checking to see if it was accurate-a pretty common occurrence on these threads as most are content to run with those types of statements.  Admitting it, not so common.  

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Just admit that you jumped to a demonstrably inaccurate conclusion without first checking to see if it was accurate-a pretty common occurrence on these threads as most are content to run with those types of statements.  Admitting it, not so common.  

Wait: Can you find continued coverage of the incident including yesterday and today on MSNBC orCNN? Again, FOX is covering the hell out of it and has been every day since it happened.  I wanna see evidence of parallell coverage on their netwroks;If you can, I will concede to you that I jumped to conclusions in regards to this particular issue and that I was wrong.

You keep moving the goalpost.

You can't go from "You will barely hear a peep about this on Communist News or MSDNC"

to this 

"Can you find continued coverage of the incident including yesterday and today on MSNBC orCNN? Again, FOX is covering the hell out of it and has been every day since it happened.  I wanna see evidence of parallell coverage on their netwroks".

Everyone covered it as it is a tragic story. But it isn't the biggest story in the news and has to be prioritized accordingly.

The question you should be asking is why is Fox covering the hell out of it every day. What's their agenda? Is it covering the news or is it terrifying their viewers?

All I know is that you will NEVER get the truth from either FOX or CNN.  They are nothing but propaganda machines for their preferred political party.  They both harp on what fits their narrative and many times never report the stories that don't.  One example just the other day when the SCOTUS refused to block the Whitehouse documents from being brought in front of the Congressional committee investigated the January 6 Capitol riot.   CNN was all over the story like flies on crap while not one goddamned mention of it on the FOX website the morning after the news broke.  Like it wasn't news to FOX that the conservative court which has 3 members who were appointed by Trump on it refusing to try to save Trump's butt here?  Unbelievable.   Both of these networks are full of lies and BS.  The truth is somewhere in the middle that no one is reporting.  Anyone who thinks they are getting the truth needs to wake up big time.

43 minutes ago, left field said:

You keep moving the goalpost.

You can't go from "You will barely hear a peep about this on Communist News or MSDNC"

to this 

"Can you find continued coverage of the incident including yesterday and today on MSNBC orCNN? Again, FOX is covering the hell out of it and has been every day since it happened.  I wanna see evidence of parallell coverage on their netwroks".

Everyone covered it as it is a tragic story. But it isn't the biggest story in the news and has to be prioritized accordingly.

The question you should be asking is why is Fox covering the hell out of it every day. What's their agenda? Is it covering the news or is it terrifying their viewers?

Sure I can because it hasnt been validated that the big 2 liberal networks are covering it to the same degree that FOX is. If local news agencies were covering it but was barely mentioned by CNN or MSNBC , whereas FOX covered regualrly, that is a profound difference in coverage that may satisfy my description of it as being : barely a peep in ocmparison. 

Also, are you suggesting that the murder is not worth of several days of coverage ?  I find it to be very newsworthy and should broadcast repeatedly for sometime , considering the callous, heinous and brutal nature of the crime , and also because it underscores the point that cities are becoming increasinglt less safe and more crime ridden that are soft on srime , policies mostly supported by Democrats. I dont think theyre trying to terrify their viewers at all; conversely, if CNN/MSNBC are barely mentioning, are they prioritizing the news appropraitely? I guess it depends upon their audience base and reflects it perfectly in terms of their values and their world view - in that, i'm sure we agree.

• Like 1

There's no need for a 24 hour news cycle anyways. News has become entertainment, and that entertainment has value. How much more informed are you about a story after following it for hours, compared to reading it in the paper or seeing it on the nightly news. Pundits and analysts are not news people or journalists, they are entertainers. News websites contain very little "news", but plenty of entertainment parading as such.

This event was awful and sad. Watching someone go on and on about it for hours makes it no more or less awful. However, the news entertainment companies will play tragedy for all it's worth if it keeps bringing in eyeballs and selling ad space. 

At some point, you have to ask yourself if you are being informed or being entertained...

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Like it wasn't news to FOX that the conservative court which has 3 members who were appointed by Trump on it refusing to try to save Trump's butt here?  Unbelievable.  

Are you under the impression that the supreme court should or does show favouritism to the president that appointed them? Or loyalty to a political party? I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.

18 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Also, are you suggesting that the murder is not worth of several days of coverage ?  I find it to be very newsworthy and should broadcast repeatedly for sometime , considering the callous, heinous and brutal nature of the crime , and also because it underscores the point that cities are becoming increasinglt less safe and more crime ridden that are soft on srime , policies mostly supported by Democrats. I dont think theyre trying to terrify their viewers at all; conversely, if CNN/MSNBC are barely mentioning, are they prioritizing the news appropraitely? I guess it depends upon their audience base and reflects it perfectly in terms of their values and their world view - in that, i'm sure we agree.

No suggesting that at all. But there are a lot of people murdered in the country, some in horrible ways, and the media simply can't cover them all. If this was a young black woman killed by an asshole white guy, would Fox give as much attention as they are here? 

Mainstream media outlets like Fox and CNN are sticking to a very tight script and a large aspect of that is keeping their audience angry and scared. 

3 minutes ago, Splitear said:

At some point, you have to ask yourself if you are being informed or being entertained...

Or incited.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I guess its the emphasis thats placed on that news item but you make a valid point there, my friend. 

I'm just very bitter about cable news, because I've seen my dad just get hooked on it in the past few years. It's always CNN or Fox when you walk in there house, and he won't even turn it off while you're visiting or having a conversation. He doesn't want to miss anything. When he's not watching "the news" he's perusing Facebook or websites about "the news".  I just really hate it, I think it brings down society as a whole, and only benefits those sitting at the top of the networks. 

I'd rather read a book :) 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, left field said:

No suggesting that at all. But there are a lot of people murdered in the country, some in horrible ways, and the media simply can't cover them all. If this was a young black woman killed by an asshole white guy, would Fox give as much attention as they are here? 

Mainstream media outlets like Fox and CNN are sticking to a very tight script and a large aspect of that is keeping their audience angry and scared. 

Well, I would like to believe that FOX would cover it the same , but i'm not so sure that they would.  Something tells me I need to not let myself get so easily riled up!! That is an excellent example  and I have no answer or rebuttal.   Well done Sir!!

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Well, I would like to believe that FOX would cover it the same , but i'm not so sure that they would.  Something tells me I need to not let myself get so easily riled up!! That is an excellent example  and I have no answer or rebuttal.   Well done Sir!!

It's no one's fault who watches. They know their demographic, and they play to them what will get a reaction and keep them watching.

I remember hearing a piece by a psychologist during the Gabby Petito case, and why it was getting so much attention. They essentially said (this is not a direct quote, just what I took from it) that it has to do with empathy, which is a naturally occurring human response. When you see someone who looks like you, or who you can relate to, i.e. a pretty white girl, you empathize and care more. You can see that person being your daughter, niece, or granddaughter. It's not that it doesn't matter any more or less than any other similar situation, but it matters more to you because you can see yourself in the families. Really interesting. That whole discussion came about when people were saying it was racist to care about Gabby Petito and not care about the other murders of colored women that happen every day. She was saying that wasn't the case, but that it's just the nature of how we connect to things. I wish I could find that interview, but I don't even remember where I heard it. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Splitear said:

It's no one's fault who watches. They know their demographic, and they play to them what will get a reaction and keep them watching.

I remember hearing a piece by a psychologist during the Gabby Petito case, and why it was getting so much attention. The essentially said that it has to do with empathy, which is a naturally occurring human response. When you see someone who looks like you, or who you can relate to, i.e. a pretty white girl, you empathize and care more. You can see that person being your daughter, niece granddaughter. It's not that it doesn't matter any more or less than any other similar situation, but it matters more to you because you can see yourself in the families. Really interesting. That whole discussion came about when people were saying it was racist to care about Gabby Petito and not care about the other murders of colored women that happen every day. She was saying that wasn't the case, but that it's just the nature of how we connect to things. I wish I could find that interview, but I don't even remember where I heard it. 

Interesting - I would love to see it for sure . 

I recently rewatched Wind River (excellent movie if you haven't seen it) which deals with the disproportionate rape and murder of indigenous women in the west.

When's the last time any news org talked about that issue. Canada did a little as they declared it a national crisis and formed a public inquiry, which I'm sure solved it lickety-split. The US, at least at the time of the movie, doesn't keep any stats of missing indigenous women.

5 hours ago, steve863 said:

All I know is that you will NEVER get the truth from either FOX or CNN.  They are nothing but propaganda machines for their preferred political party.  They both harp on what fits their narrative and many times never report the stories that don't.  One example just the other day when the SCOTUS refused to block the Whitehouse documents from being brought in front of the Congressional committee investigated the January 6 Capitol riot.   CNN was all over the story like flies on crap while not one goddamned mention of it on the FOX website the morning after the news broke.  Like it wasn't news to FOX that the conservative court which has 3 members who were appointed by Trump on it refusing to try to save Trump's butt here?  Unbelievable.   Both of these networks are full of lies and BS.  The truth is somewhere in the middle that no one is reporting.  Anyone who thinks they are getting the truth needs to wake up big time.

Your spot on. But the problem is that it is the left that’s letting this shit happen.  Kinda even asking for it. Now in Ny some skinny punk kills someone and is sentenced to prison with all the weight lifting lifers that are going to make that skinny boy their girlfriend can just say they are Trans and can go to a girl or softer prison. Perfect!!     That’s a left move. A right move would be death.