Wow meatloaf just died from covid

phantom

1 minute ago, First-light said:

Heard nothing about Covid. Was in very bad pain after back surgeries and was treated one time for dehydration in a hospital. That was my era! He was great!

Was on fox news  on satlite radio this morning thats exactly what they said he tested postive for covid and his condition rapidly worsened and he died . Im sure he had other heath problems that guy partied  hard in  his life .

• Like 1

I hadn't heard the Covid thing, but too bad. We got to see him down in Kingston a few years ago. My FIL loved him when he was in college, so we got tickets and invited them to come out and visit to go to the concert. In all honesty, it was terrible. His band was great, the girl he had singing with him was great, Meatloaf was awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

RIP Meat.

Who here has "lived" Paradise By The Dashboard Lights???

My parent's 1972 Ford Maverick. Tight backseat.

Meatloaf was great but equally so was Jim Steinman who wrote the songs for Bat Out of Hell, one of the best selling albums of all time. It was a hard sell.

Steinman says that it was a "medley of the most brutal rejections you could imagine."[19] Meat Loaf "almost cracked" when CBS executive Clive Davis rejected the project.[15] According to Meat Loaf's autobiography, Davis commented that "actors don't make records" and challenged Steinman's writing abilities and knowledge of rock music:

Do you know how to write a song? Do you know anything about writing? If you're going to write for records, it goes like this: A, B, C, B, C, C. I don't know what you're doing. You're doing A, D, F, G, B, D, C. You don't know how to write a song.... Have you ever listened to pop music? Have you ever heard any rock-and-roll music.... You should go downstairs when you leave here...and buy some rock-and-roll records.[20]

It's like what the casting agent said at Fred Astaire's first audition: "Can't sing, can't act, can dance a little."

Cool dude. RIP.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, First-light said:

OK gang how about a nice tribute to this man we call Meatloaf! Defrost the ground venison and we all make Meatloaf tonight! Post them up in "what's for dinner tonight" RIP! Great  music!

Took some out a couple hrs ago 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, First-light said:

OK gang how about a nice tribute to this man we call Meatloaf! Defrost the ground venison and we all make Meatloaf tonight! Post them up in "what's for dinner tonight" RIP! Great  music!

Made venison meatloaf last weekend. Had enough left over for sammies at lunch a couple days this week. Yum!

• Like 1