Wow meatloaf just died from covid

phantom

Just now, WNYTRPR said:

My wife’s father died with less issues and no covid .Let’s blame covid for every death now .

If I make it to that age I’ll be lucky :)

And I’m not overweight , well maybe 10 pounds , but I’m active , run , bike everyday ..

Dont smoke and eat healthy ,, for the most part :)

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

My favorite Meatloaf song --- Two out of Three Ain't bad 

Listening too that ,and a few other songs really brings back some good high-school memories. My hs gf was a big fan and we would spend alot of time together with his music playing..:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grampy said:

Who here has "lived" Paradise By The Dashboard Lights???

"Ain't no doubt about it we were doubly blessed. We were barely 17 and we were barely dressed"!

RIP Meatloaf.

Listened to him on my ride back from Rochester tonight. Then took the wife out for dinner so I could have meatloaf as a tribute to a great singer of the music from my youth.  

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling

Never heard of meatloaf the singer, but I have been trying to talk my wife into making me some venison meatloaf for the last few weeks.  Ever since someone posted that video of the guy up in Maine, tracking down Brutus the buck, and toasting up a meatloaf sandwich after the kill.  

Some of those songs did sound familiar, but I never cared much for disco.  

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Some of those songs did sound familiar, but I never cared much for disco.  

hahaha Disco? To steal a familiar line from someone we all know, C'mon man! 

You must be pulling our leg. Check his music videos out online if you really do not know or remember who he is. 

And, I challenge anyone to try and listen to Paradise By The Dashboard Light while driving and avoid getting a speeding ticket! lol

For me it's sort of like any of Springsteen's music, Tom Petty, or random songs like Radar love, when they are playing loudly in my truck my gas pedal gets a mind of it's own.   

I just got back from my parent’s house, and mom made meatloaf for lunch.  She used a mix of ground beef and pork.  It wasn’t bad, but I prefer my wife’s, made with ground venison.

I asked mom if she made it because meatloaf the singer had died.   She did not, and was unaware of his passing.  She did say that she had heard of meatloaf the singer, but could not recall any of his songs.  I listened to “two out of three ain’t bad” and thought it was ok, not good, but not bad.

rip Meatloaf.