Leftist Racism

With all due respect, I think that you have a different moral and ethical standard for Trump than you do for Biden. Understandable, of course as we all tend to do that anyway-  I cut Trump slack because I like him and thought he was a very good President whereas Biden-like Obama before him- is a very poor one. 

We could use some competent leadership right now in the White House; that which is sorely lacking right now.  I believe that I asked you before in another thread and you didnt answer, so ill ask agin: what is your opnion of Prez Biden's job performance since taking office? We all know how you feel about President Trump; that youve made abundantly clear, but what about Biden?

The only standard I would apply is that the person in power rise to and honour sacred trust of the office. 

Trump is a cowardly, despicable and rather stupid asshole. His only strength was doing so many batshit crazy things that he caught everyone off guard. There is no legal mechanism for a President who flushes documents down the toilet. There is a standard of protocol, but no form of punishment as no one thought there would ever be a guy that crazy. Honestly, not giving a shit about anyone other than yourself it's a pretty good strategy.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, North, but Trump would condemn you to eternal damnation if it bought him an extra day of life. Kelly called him the most flawed human being he'd ever seen.

But you asked about Biden. As I said when he was legally elected, his opportunity is to be a transitional president, right some of the more stupid shit and offer unity to the country. In retrospect, I was a little naive and any hope of unity within the country politically or socially is gone. At least for the foreseeable future. 

His political enemies are too vast and Trump has effectively done away with political respect and decorum, so we elect people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near political office. Or possibly society in general. 

Performance? Some good, some bad. Infrastructure bill needed; Afghanistan pull-out bungled. Pretty par for the course really. Extraordinary times and all that. The roll of the dice that the "pandemic is over" will be the telling mark.

Generally, I'm a roll with the punches guy and after 25 years here (and a lot more life), I have seen enough to realize that you win some, you lose some in the short term but it's a long game. McConnell and Pelosi know this which is why they are so good at their jobs.

It may be that being President is now an impossible job and I have no idea why anyone would go after it other than ego. But I confess, I don't know what the answer to that is. Parliamentary system? Fiefdoms? Nuke the whole thing from orbit? Way beyond my pay grade.

That said, Biden is too old by 20 years and we need to limit the age of a presidential candidate to 60 or 65. But if this is a character question, I think that Biden is a decent guy. Flawed like the rest of us, of course. 

Hope that provides some answer. I'm chilling in my tropical garden in Mexico booking a few more days of fishing (and have extended my trip so I can see a famous bullfighter next week), so I may not get back to you for a bit. But before I go, let me say that I've always enjoyed your calm and reasonable demeanor here.

4 hours ago, left field said:

Tell me about it. 

It will be years before we have another president who steals classified documents from the White House. Maybe never!

At least Hillary was smart enough to post a secret service agent by the door of the room she kept the classified server in, protecting it from getting hacked, but that was a decade before her husband gave North Korean spies access to a top secret nuclear facility and the plans + material to make nuclear weapons.

Trump is minor league stupid compared to your mentors.

Enjoy Mexico.

Ole.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Enjoy Mexico.

Ole.

Are you saying that Trump couldn't even get "stupid" right? Or is it, "Well at least he's not as stupid as that guy over there"? I'm not sure that either is really worth bragging about.

¡Gracias mi amigo! ¡México es muy bueno!

¡La cerveza, la comida, las mujeres, el pescado! ¡Perfecto!

1 hour ago, Shoots100 said:

At least Hillary was smart enough to post a secret service agent by the door of the room she kept the classified server in, protecting it from getting hacked, but that was a decade before her husband gave North Korean spies access to a top secret nuclear facility and the plans + material to make nuclear weapons.

Enjoy Mexico.

Ole.

Exactly. It’s funny how the left supporters can say how of a pretty bad job the idiot in charge now is doing but their only bitch against Trump is that they don’t like him. Trump knows how to run a business and that carries over to a country. Get what you have coming and make yourself the strongest power!!!!!   That’s exactly what Americans were enjoying under Trump.           Maybe it would be a better life living in Mexico.  Oh wait… are they all not defecting here for all of these idiots in charge now freebies?  

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. It’s funny how the left supporters can say how of a pretty bad job the idiot in charge now is doing but their only bitch against Trump is that they don’t like him. Trump knows how to run a business and that carries over to a country. Get what you have coming and make yourself the strongest power!!!!!   That’s exactly what Americans were enjoying under Trump.           Maybe it would be a better life living in Mexico.  Oh wait… are they all not defecting here for all of these idiots in charge now freebies?  

Some people will just not like Trump because he's Rich because he's successful and because his kids are not all screw-ups that smoke crack . It is what it is .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phantom said:

But what about hunter bidens crack pipe and gun and laptop ?

Thank God we were able to stop Hunter Biden from becoming president!

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Some people will just not like Trump because he's Rich because he's successful and because his kids are not all screw-ups that smoke crack . It is what it is .

I don't know, everytime I see Fredo he seems pretty stoned on something. But he's an idiot and no one takes him seriously. The bigger issue was that Trump put his failure of a SiL in charge of the country. That kid lined his pockets in the WH and ran your life for four years. 

The grandson of Holocaust survivors who said of NY desperate for PPP in early covid while he was hoarding the stuff, "That's their problem." 

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/shame-cometh-the-jared-kushner-story

Kids ... amirite?

Edited by left field

14 hours ago, left field said:

The only standard I would apply is that the person in power rise to and honour sacred trust of the office. 

Ok, ,heres my rebuttal:

What does this mean? Are you referring to Integrity or job performance or both? Soemthin g else, perhpas? Kinda vague criterion IMHO.

15 hours ago, left field said:

Trump is a cowardly, despicable and rather stupid asshole. His only strength was doing so many batshit crazy things that he caught everyone off guard.

Like what?

There is no legal mechanism for a President who flushes documents down the toilet.

There is no legal mechanism for a President who flushes documents down the toilet.

Whatre you talking about here? I honestly havent heard of this incident before? Even if true, doesnt sound that horrible to me as co pared to the things Bidens been accused of ( Ukraine and Chinese private business deals while VP , e.g.).

Honestly, not giving a shit about anyone other than yourself it's a pretty good strategy.

I may be willing to concede this point as I have no doubt that Trump is a bit on the selfish side, constantly engaging in self-aggrandizement while Prez, but in contrast, do you really find Biden to be that much different? This is a man whos been engaged in corrpution and sleazy business deals abusing the powere of whatever offices hes held for 50 years - come on now!! 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, North, but Trump would condemn you to eternal damnation if it bought him an extra day of life. Kelly called him the most flawed human being he'd ever seen.

Who are referring to when you say Kelly, and why should we care?  Have you heard what theyve been saying-even many Democrats, mind you-about Bidens judgement over the course of his political career? And hes demonstrating that same -if not worse- judgement now!! What with the Afghanistan debacle, the poor decisions that have caused the worst inflation this country has EVER seen, his reversal of Trumps border policies leading to the worst illegal immigration crisis weve ever seen, etc.  Bidens pretty bad , my friend!! I dont care about stupid toilet flushing incidents, I care about competence !! Leadership!! I crave it because we do not have it!!

his opportunity is to be a transitional president, right some of the more stupid shit and offer unity to the country. In retrospect, I was a little naive

Well, you got that right, at least, cuz the LAST thing Biden is is a uniter!!  

Performance? Some good, some bad. Infrastructure bill needed; Afghanistan pull-out bungled. Pretty par for the course really. Extraordinary times and all that. The roll of the dice that the "pandemic is over" will be the telling mark.

What good? Infratsructure bill?  NOT!! NOTHING GOOD, ALL BAD - come on now!! 

His political enemies are too vast

Who?? Biden or Trump? You must be joking, right? Your making excuses for Bidens ineffective Presidency becuase of his myriad political fores? Gimme a break!!! All the media has done dince hes been elected is coddle and protect him!! Ive never seen such softball handling by the ,media, except maybe when Obama was Prez!!  In contrast, Trump was assailed every m,inute of every day by everyone!! 

hat said, Biden is too old by 20 years

Well, I dont know about that. After electing this man , though and CLEARLY witnessing the severe cognitive impairments that he usffers , on display for the workd to see , min you, I am in support of all future Presidential candidiates being requiored to undergo-and pass- a battery of cognitive tests to at least be considered to be qualified for the person-this man, sadly is clearly not.  And its embarrasing....

Hope that provides some answer. I'm chilling in my tropical garden in Mexico booking a few more days of fishing (and have extended my trip so I can see a famous bullfighter next week), so I may not get back to you for a bit. But before I go, let me say that I've always enjoyed your calm and reasonable demeanor here.

That I like!! Youre actually in Mexico right now? That is VERY cool!!  Great debate, my friend; I look forward to your reply. :)

North, I appreciate your counter but I'm about to get into a car and drive for four hours and don't have the time, or frankly the inclination, for a point-by-point debate. Suffice it to say, I'm willing to wait out another year on Biden.

Obviously, my distaste for Trump and his family is palpable. If "all politics is local" then living in NYC for 20+ years have shown me enough of the local and political character that is Trump. I'll happily own up to that.

But in terms of the office of president, I believe that there should be a level of decorum associated with it. That is should be the aspiration, or at least garner the admiration, of every little kid in the country. And that the individual once elected should rise to the office. I think Bush was a good example of this. Bit of a clown in real life, but respected and rose to the office.

I don't think Trump did.

So I always had trouble reconciling, "Yeah he's a buffoon, asshole and an embarrassment but gas is cheap so Yeah Trump!" Maybe it truly "is the economy, stupid."

Appreciate that I am Canadian and prior to my time here, I've lived the majority of my life in Canada and abroad, so I bring that experience to the table of social and political discourse. 

To quote the great Ebbie Calvin "Nuke" Lalosh

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Think about that for awhile."

Off to explore.

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Whatre you talking about here? I honestly havent heard of this incident before?

I don’t know who comes up with the headlines at Fox but there’s usually a stark disconnect between the titles and the the actual articles. Nevertheless, this may shed some light on your questions:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-mar-a-lago-documents-confidential-material-hillary-clinton-kurtz-media-buzz

12 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I don’t know who comes up with the headlines at Fox but there’s usually a stark disconnect between the titles and the the actual articles. Nevertheless, this may shed some light on your questions:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-mar-a-lago-documents-confidential-material-hillary-clinton-kurtz-media-buzz

Yeah, but the toilet Stories already been discreedited-its hogwash, promoted by same reporter who wrote extensively about the "Russian collusion"hoax.. 

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

Yeah, but the toilet Stories already been discreedited-its hogwash, promoted by same reporter who wrote extensively about the "Russian collusion"hoax.. 

You read the rest of that Fox article? See what Republicans say trump is rightfully up against? Toilet docs is the least of his worries 

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You read the rest of that Fox article? See what Republicans say trump is rightfully up against? Toilet docs is the least of his worries 

Youre right , in that his list of enemies is legion but the stories a joke.  Where you been anyway? Havent seen you post in awhile; forum isnt the same without you and Chef. :)

33 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Youre right , in that his list of enemies is legion but the stories a joke.  Where you been anyway? Havent seen you post in awhile; forum isnt the same without you and Chef. :)

Not just enemies but an ever extensive list of lifelong conservative civil servants who reject your clown. It may not be a terrible idea to hear them out ;)

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Not just enemies but an ever extensive list of lifelong conservative civil servants who reject your clown. It may not be a terrible idea to hear them out ;)

Good point and I agree. And what of the countless lifelong Democrats that are piling on Biden currently; sould their persepctive be considered as well?