Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

2 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

My wife is on the board with a nice 2.5 year old set. I'm about to head out looking at a spot tomorrow where there's been some decent bucks after season. Most were still packing when I took cams down last weekend but this cold spell with the snow will shock them in to dropping soon!

received_1955442234629066.jpeg

IMG_20220113_201846234_HDR~2.jpg

Awsome set! I only see a couple dropped on cam also, but I'm with you, it's happening soon!

3 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Lol, I live 20 minutes away and keep driving over to check too. Any idea who get to pick those up? There are a few dandies there.

20210926_161856.jpg

20210926_161807.jpg

No idea where they go to, but some nice ones for sure.  I was at our Cortland location all day today and had lunch over there checking out the deer. I saw both those bucks in your pics there today. There was 4 good ones in there.  And they had one that was just a baby like fawn size.  

• Like 1

I dont know how closely the timing is in thier life there compared to the wild, but I do check it during shed season like a camera. Every couple of weeks. Also cortland produce bring out of date vegetables down around 4pm most days and the deer come out from the whole area. Also some stud jeweled up birds down there sometimes.

2 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Dbl white throat patch genes...love it. But off limits of course :(

Have you ever been there? We can get together and I'll take you over.  It's about 20 minutes from my house. We may get a chance at some snows here. Any time you want to take a shed walk I got some spots soaking with cams. Only guessing 30% dropped so far.

4 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Have you ever been there? We can get together and I'll take you over.  It's about 20 minutes from my house. We may get a chance at some snows here. Any time you want to take a shed walk I got some spots soaking with cams. Only guessing 30% dropped so far.

Would love to , once I get thru my recovery. Ended up with non-union on the humerus fracture :(

Surgery is next

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Will you not go pick them up? Won’t they get all chewed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very rarely are they chewed in my experience. We get enough snow they seem to get covered with from drifts or snowfall. IF they make it into April May before getting picked up after they've been un covered for awhile, they will certainly begin to get chewed on. 

But the main reason i wait is to not bump deer feeding or holding up on our properties to run over into a neighbors and drop them there. Where I don't have permission. If I wait until all or 90% should be dropped.. ill go then. I also make it a family trip, we take the wheelers and SXS and the kids and grandparents and cruise and walk around looking on nicer days.  Makes it more fun too 

• Like 1