Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

5 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

On the board in ithaca ny! 7 miles in and this one I find is out the car window, lol. First road shed ever. 

20220203_093444.jpg

My biggest shed ever was a road shed. I typically would find one or two that way every year but haven't had one in the past two years now. I'm due.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:04 AM, Kmartinson said:

On the board in ithaca ny! 7 miles in and this one I find is out the car window, lol. First road shed ever. 

20220203_093444.jpg

IMG_20220203_113851_235.jpg

IMG_20220203_113851_293.jpg

I know two guys who drive Irondequoit as their main way to shed hunt. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I know two guys who drive Irondequoit as their main way to shed hunt. 

I have an urban neighborhood I cruise through all the time. Wherever I see bucks near the road I'm driving slow and looking at trails. Drives my kids nuts. I've done 12+ miles so far in my boots and I'm seeing most bucks still packing.

• Like 2

So for those of you that find a lot of sheds.  Do you depend on trail cameras to tell you when to start looking?  My guess is a higher deer population would help also?  Or just paying attention to where they winter?

Never really got into shed hunting but would be a nice thing to do in the off season. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So for those of you that find a lot of sheds.  Do you depend on trail cameras to tell you when to start looking?  My guess is a higher deer population would help also?  Or just paying attention to where they winter?

Never really got into shed hunting but would be a nice thing to do in the off season. 

All of the above. Right now I'm just going straight into bedding where I think someone else will. Headed right for individual beds on ridges and in gulleys.

• Like 1