Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

14 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

My OCD would kick in and I will have them stacked by date/yr and location..i do have a problem

Cant just store things in random order unless its mechanic tool set, never can find my #10 socket...lol

I initial each one and write the year that I found it. My son has antler OCD, he likes to organize and sort them as long as they're not chewed on or have too many points. He likes a good typical antler...lol

• Like 1

This is kind of embarrassing, was just looking at this ATL of a shed I found the other day and now I noticed the other side sitting there a few feet away. I have to go back and get it tonight LOL
IMG_20220325_154737529_HDR.thumb.jpg.d3e6d55204fea244b4297f2033b827e5.jpg

Lol, took me a bit to find it but yeah that’s not far away at all. Hopefully you remember where in the field you found the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

You need to change your handle to Shed Magnet

25 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

You need to change your handle to Shed Magnet

A real shed magnet wouldn't have missed the other side laying there. Don't find too many nice side by side sets like this. LOL

• Like 1

Went out after being back the other day, three hours zippo… I always find 1- 4 there .

that was on neighboring land, I always start there , as no one goes on my spot , so I save that for later . Late start for sure , tomorrow my spot !

I generally find one find one for each two hours of walking . 

I do shed hunt alot of areas that I don't actually hunt, but several properties that I do hunt also. Those deer that you acquire history with definitely mean more to pick up than the random deer (unless the random one is really big). I mount local deer every season that I will have the sheds to. The worse part to having a big stack of sheds is when you have to dig through them to find one particular shed of interest as was the case with this pic from a couple weeks ago...lol

IMG_20220319_164923061_HDR.thumb.jpg.c65b2be58a7637f7147e8c291c658ca5.jpg
Look at that beard rope and all those spurs!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did some public land grinding. #13, @67 miles for the year. Yesterday I Did 6 miles+ and got a pretty dandy one. Exciting that I can hunt this deer also. Time in the woods now is so key. You can see all of the sign and really cover ground before it gets super thick. Headed to some more public today, hanging cams and looking for birds. 

20220401_161031.jpg

20220401_161017.jpg

• Like 5

After a nice long 0.2 mile walk i stumbled across these matches side by side.. lol. I could see them at the bottom of one of my late season plots. This deer didnt show much at all during fall, until late season, he was here nearly every day bulking back. Might make the hit list this year!  

IMG_7831.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Kmartinson said:

Sometimes you walk 20 miles for 1 shed and then find 4 in one small spot. Keep grinding.

Thanks . I don’t walk 20 miles in a few years !  I’ll be back out soon, though .

19 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ok, two hours into today’s walk ,found my first . That’s 8 hours total walking , I’m way below normal . 

8E1E94FC-1C69-4255-B138-1CA6F1D3B4F6.jpeg

And of all places you find it over dirt.. one of the last places one would look for an antler that falls off in winter. lol. Almost as frustrating as Turkeys can be! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

And of all places you find it over dirt.. one of the last places one would look for an antler that falls off in winter. lol. Almost as frustrating as Turkeys can be! 

Just outside my 15 acre thicket ,they come out that ( south side ) to enter farm fields ,also chopped corn scraps in that field .

• Like 1