Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

Got home from work this afternoon and the power was out and I was the only one home so I decided to go for a quick turkey scouting/shed hunting trip on this hillside I haven't checked very much. Got lucky enough to stumble on the number 58 before the snow started. Think it's a match to one I found a weeks ago...

IMG_20220418_171505386.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Got home from work this afternoon and the power was out and I was the only one home so I decided to go for a quick turkey scouting/shed hunting trip on this hillside I haven't checked very much. Got lucky enough to stumble on the number 58 before the snow started. Think it's a match to one I found a weeks ago...

IMG_20220418_171505386.jpg

If I wasnt older than you, I would have asked you to adopt me...lol

• Haha 1

Took the Mrs with me yesterday at my buddy’s place . Walk a bunch of trails , lots of sign . She said in all seriousness,” they should be laying all over the place .” Lol .

I said that’s only in Steuben county ….

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nomad said:

Took the Mrs with me yesterday at my buddy’s place . Walk a bunch of trails , lots of sign . She said in all seriousness,” they should be laying all over the place .” Lol .

I said that’s only in Steuben county ….

Just picked #60 for the season...really heavy 4pt side that scored 60-3. A great one to end on. That's it. I'm done! 

*Disclaimer: these sheds were not found on two or three well-managed farms. They were the result of well over a hundred miles of walking of many properties, several that I only got permission on for the very first time this year.

IMG_20220422_153516289.jpg

IMG_20220422_153523226.jpg

IMG_20220422_164811381_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Just picked #60 for the season...really heavy 4pt side that scored 60-3. A great one to end on. That's it. I'm done! 

*Disclaimer: these sheds were not found on two or three well-managed farms. They were the result of well over a hundred miles of walking of many properties, several that I only got permission on for the very first time this year.

IMG_20220422_153516289.jpg

IMG_20220422_153523226.jpg

IMG_20220422_164811381_HDR.jpg

Was there a smaller dead head behind the shed?

IMG_20220422_153516289.thumb.jpg.548d2d09566da57eef5cc4869b2f36f2.jpg
IMG_20220422_153523226.thumb.jpg.17e91c77b28d2b6b9c98d9b04bfdc847.jpg
IMG_20220422_164811381_HDR.thumb.jpg.db3f934b94b0cf231d8414495dc79061.jpg

Raise your hand if you want to see all 60 laid out in one picture!!!!

I do!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, crappyice said:

Raise your hand if you want to see all 60 laid out in one picture!!!!

I do!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only said I do once in my life.  Forty some years later, it's been really good

Be great to see all 61 of them.  Congrats to all that have shed hunted.

I kind of feel inadequate posting in this thread,but I did find my first shed a few days ago but the exciting part was I found it in a bed. It is this little beech thicket on a north facing hill,I walked past it plenty of times but went through it last time and it has a little opening in the middle. One of the few really dense spots on that hill and it was cool to get this confirmation. I have a few ideas about where to set up next season...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I kind of feel inadequate posting in this thread,but I did find my first shed a few days ago but the exciting part was I found it in a bed. It is this little beech thicket on a north facing hill,I walked past it plenty of times but went through it last time and it has a little opening in the middle. One of the few really dense spots on that hill and it was cool to get this confirmation. I have a few ideas about where to set up next season... 

Don't feel inadequate, be careful you don't get addicted. Big part of shed hunting is gathering info for next season. We love pics!!!

• Like 1

With 1 more day before turks I'm wrapping up shed season. Honey-do list tomorrow. It's possible I'll find a couple chasing turkeys but I'm done with the bone only adventures! 19 keepers including 3 pairs and some trash gets me 23 total since January 1. It was a fortunate year for me. I enjoyed it, and I walked Just over 100 miles. Half of these were from public land which is probably why I'm averaging 1 shed per every 5 miles.... I will try my best to hunt these public land deer in early October. 

20220429_210719.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

With 1 more day before turks I'm wrapping up shed season. Honey-do list tomorrow. It's possible I'll find a couple chasing turkeys but I'm done with the bone only adventures! 19 keepers including 3 pairs and some trash gets me 23 total since January 1. It was a fortunate year for me. I enjoyed it, and I walked Just over 100 miles. Half of these were from public land which is probably why I'm averaging 1 shed per every 5 miles.... I will try my best to hunt these public land deer in early October. 

20220429_210719.jpg

Nice haul, that's alot of miles on the boots!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1