Windshield washer fluid prices ??

luberhill

I use rain x brand , it was $4 when I bought 5 gallons of it just prior to, winter . 
Id guess shipping costs make up a large part of the cost , it’s a large ,heavy product that sells for little money so any change in shipping costs is going to show more on a product like that .

Edited by Nomad

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I use rain x brand , it was $4 went I bought 5 gallons of it just prior to, winter . 
Id guess shipping costs make up a large part of the cost , it’s a large ,heavy product that sells for little money so any change in shipping costs is going to show more on a product like that .

I go thru a ton of this stuff, most of my driving is the NYS Tway and Rt 81..

Wonder why the big cost ?

• Like 1

Just now, luberhill said:

I go thru a ton of this stuff, most of my driving is the NYS Tway and Rt 81..

Wonder why the big cost ?

I can see you using a lot . Our youngest was here last weekend , I always check , top off fluids , and I put a gallon of WWF in her backseat as well .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I use rain x brand , it was $4 when I bought 5 gallons of it just prior to, winter . 

I used to use RainX, but had the fluid level sensors in two vehicles go bad within weeks of each other. Dealer told me it was due to the RainX. I don't remember the details, but I think it had something to do with allowing the tank go dry with that stuff in it.  Just throwing that out there as that is not a fun repair in the middle of winter.

• Like 2