The Nomads Southern tour ‘22 !

Nomad

Any GTG's with HNY members on tap?? That would be much more fun than the SIL, and they'd probably arrange their own transportation!
Have fun, feel better, and have a cold one, on a warm beach for me!!!

Im headed to Orlando Sunday, working there until Wednesday. As much as id love to charter a boat with Larry and shatter the IGFA black marlin world record, I dont think I can sneak away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Navajo Bob ! 

met him at a bar tonight , 80 years old a still working stone mason, here on a break . From Jersey hunts 1500 acres in Oneonta NY exclusive to him ! 

Hunts out of a climber !  Great guy spent 1/2 an hour shooting the breeze with him swapping lies .

A81FD89D-CDBD-42B8-948D-7A83BA46A6CA.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Navajo Bob ! 

met him at a bar tonight , 80 years old a still working stone mason, here on a break . From Jersey hunts 1500 acres in Oneonta NY exclusive to him ! 

Hunts out of a climber !  Great guy spent 1/2 an hour shooting the breeze with him swapping lies .

A81FD89D-CDBD-42B8-948D-7A83BA46A6CA.jpeg

Neat.. I enjoy that about traveling . It does not matter where you are, you will meet somebody that is from or has a connection to back home.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

Neat.. I enjoy that about traveling . It does not matter where you are, you will meet somebody that is from or has a connection to back home.

You can’t swing a dead cat here and not hit a person from my area of NY. 
this guy 100% Indian and a great guy 80 years old working mason and bow  Hunter . He showed me pictures of his grandfather who was a sidekick of Buffalo Bill .  What a night .

• Like 5

Navajo Bob ! 

A81FD89D-CDBD-42B8-948D-7A83BA46A6CA.thumb.jpeg.e8d1245d34feea39c23b57f8af343602.jpeg

Awesome. Did you ask him his thoughts on saddle hunting?

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Awesome. Did you ask him his thoughts on saddle hunting?

Yes in fact I did, he said that’s for palefaces who also enjoy wearing lederhosen .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Navajo Bob ! 

A81FD89D-CDBD-42B8-948D-7A83BA46A6CA.thumb.jpeg.e8d1245d34feea39c23b57f8af343602.jpeg

You guys watching Matlock in a bar in Florida? Get out now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

You guys watching Matlock in a bar in Florida? Get out now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

???
waiting for our table at some Italian restaurant, food wasn’t as good as my driver cooked at work . I had chicken Marsala which didn’t compare to his, but I’ve not found a better Marsala, chicken French or beans and greens then his ever . We hit an Irish pub first where they pour a mean drink ,I’ll post a shot of a shot .

today was a walk on the beach then shopping, lunch , craft brewery that had good beer and all kinds of games .

Mrs Nomad and I each rocking our Maui Jim’s 

473CAAB8-0EE5-4C30-9DE0-129F2B7C71DF.jpeg

9C580074-4E15-454C-B7DE-4D3B23C88267.jpeg

A63FD26E-82DE-4CE4-8724-B473D9D9FA51.jpeg

F258860E-BA46-429F-BAD6-066F5A2B68E8.jpeg

161225C3-89FB-46E8-BB3F-12D214E5E7B2.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 5

On to Lido Beach Sarasota !

Taking a coffee break from loading the Outback , got more stuff then we came with . When you rent a condo for a month you need to buy groceries, paper products , cleaners , and so on , and bring it all to the next place apparently . Of course Mrs Nomad had to bring pillows from home, heating pad , and a duffel bag of bathroom products, while I have one razor, a bar of Irish spring and a tooth brush,  and I still look and smell better ! 

Then last weeks guests bought a 40 pack of water to go with the one we already had, plus beer and White Claw which they didn’t drink . 

When our daughter was here she bought some wine and asked us to bring it to Sarasota ,for her return trip …

Well she’s got another stack at the door . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nomad said:

Taking a coffee break from loading the Outback , got more stuff then we came with . When you rent a condo for a month you need to buy groceries, paper products , cleaners , and so on , and bring it all to the next place apparently . Of course Mrs Nomad had to bring pillows from home, heating pad , and a duffel bag of bathroom products, while I have one razor, a bar of Irish spring and a tooth brush,  and I still look and smell better ! 

Then last weeks guests bought a 40 pack of water to go with the one we already had, plus beer and White Claw which they didn’t drink . 

When our daughter was here she bought some wine and asked us to bring it to Sarasota ,for her return trip …

You have all the bullets you left home with?

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

You have all the bullets you left home with?

Yep three full mags . The Walmart in Cocoa beach had less ammo then at home , going to hit a couple here ,then Tenn and my normal,stop in Penn. 

Although the traffic here is a bitch so I can see using some up the next few days . Clear a path …

and Eddie , he cuts his jeans down to shorts , and sews those phone pockets on himself , it came up in conversation. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, Nomad said:

I know that feeling all to well lol. Our car was packed when we left for home on Saturday. We always go down with less and come back with more. Hate throwing good stuff away. Even the yeti was full of cold grocery items well use them up. Enjoy your trip. I'm gonna head back down to st Simons and come back get wife and kids then go back down for spring break the 15 of April to the 23rd then back home.

• Like 1

One thing with living out on this Key, there’s no services, grocery stores, gas stations, car wash ( your car gets very salty here ) drug store , liquor stores , Gun shops , all on the mainland. To get there you go over the bridge, which ends at a multi lane traffic circle , which backs up halfway across the bridge at times , oh and there’s construction going on in it .

I had to park the Subaru for a few days, as I pissed off a few drivers . 

St Armands circle has 130 shops and restaurants, but no 7-11, food stores etc . That’s an easy walk for us ,we just went for coffee .

As the owner here told me ,it’s the bridge or helicopter, lacking a helicopter, I’m staying put .

76CF5FE6-7AB3-44B5-878D-D8013E8A6867.png