The Nomads Southern tour ‘22 !

Nomad

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Tell him he needs to add an Allen to that wall of great Buffalo Qb's.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

This guy ? That’s his family on the field .

CAF437C0-41CB-4D09-81B8-8B6A2CC57F2F.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

10 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Psweet Bills Blazer! Thats better than the Allen jersey.

That some other guy .

nephew doesn’t buy yet stuff , all gifts from business partners etc 

49 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Alan Jacksons rooftop bar is really cool if you get a chance to pop in. 

Thanks ! But we’re now at my nephews lake house .

He knows his way around but only goes downtown for his guests .

You should see him park his 6.6L Duramax there ……

E99EC3E7-77C0-42F1-B502-9B3AD43AAC1F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

This dude can do no wrong.....it must be like living in a fantasy land.

Hedge fund and private equity guy , you don’t want to know . Dinners and friends with governors , Nlf owners , golfers, singers , song writers .

PayPal and CC companies flying him to games and shower him with gifts.

buys companies if he can triple his money in three years , currently owns a dozen or so .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zag said:

Nice, I think Tennessee is 100% in our future destination plans. I am sooooo sick of NY and bending over for taxes. Heck you start paying as soon as you enter the thruway.

No state income tax , low property tax, and you pay school tax once, when you buy or build a home and it’s like a grand or two . Of course great country , mountains ,lakes , a city or two to visit , super nice and friendly people .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zag said:

Nice, I think Tennessee is 100% in our future destination plans. I am sooooo sick of NY and bending over for taxes. Heck you start paying as soon as you enter the thruway.

My boss' daughter threw in the NY flag during covid and are moving the family to Tennessee 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My boss' daughter threw in the NY flag during covid and are moving the family to Tennessee 

I made the mistake of looking at my w2 and all the taxes I paid, add in my property taxes and its over $30 grand, not including a yrs worth of sales tax. 
Probably the best move the guy made!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I honestly have a hard time counting all the friends and relatives that we have that left NYS .

But this trip we visited 6 families / couples in FLA and 3 in Tennessee .

We didn’t of course have time to visit anymore in Fla., and skipped more in the Carolina’s.  The last stop in Tenn. our  friends introducing us to a number of others from our area of NY, two on there street were from Penfield , the next town over from where we live .

Almost all are people of means , lots of money left and leaving .

• Like 2

Run down of the trip as we are back in NY .

A camo hat helps tremendously when in rural areas down south and driving a Subaru with NY plates .

Southern Hospitality is still a thing . I’ve never been called sir so often , and every server or person in general was super nice ,drivers don’t tailgate and let you in as soon as you put your signal on .

Anyone in Buff, Roch, Syracuse etc and thinks traffic is bad has no idea ! Try 8 lanes through Atlanta at either 80 mph or stop and go for hours …. Even Chattanooga had bad traffic with off ramps backed up for miles . Nothing like your gps saying “ stay in the five left lanes .” 

Theres so many moving down south , there’s cranes everywhere, new roads, bridges and housing going up mile after mile .

oh it’s my Bday what a sh!tty present ,to be back here

The many gun shops and Walmart’s in several states, showed they don’t have anymore ammo then we do , with prices To match .

Nashville isn’t what it was as little as 25 years ago when I walked into Toosies Orchid lounge  got a beer and watched  the band in the little corner stage . A place where careers were made . Today’s Nashville has all the soul of Applebee’s, with the crowds of Disney world  , all these bars with “ stars “ names on the marquee are all the same cookie cutter tourists traps . I have no desire to return .

My wife loses her sunglasses a lot, I bought her a $250 pair for the trip, lost three times found two, we believe they are at my nephews lake house, he’ll check this weekend .

$400 dollar bottles of bourbon are fun to drink when I didn’t have to buy them .

Next year I invoke the Chuck rule , named after my bil, who won’t pick up guests at the airport , I put on 5 hundred miles doing that ! As some flew into the cheapest airports even if it was an hour and a half each way .

In fact we may fly  and Uber when and if needed next year , guest are on their own .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Run down of the trip as we are back in NY .

A camo hat helps tremendously when in rural areas down south and driving a Subaru with NY plates .

Southern Hospitality is still a thing . I’ve never been called sir so often , and every server or person in general was super nice ,drivers don’t tailgate and let you in as soon as you put your signal on .

Anyone in Buff, Roch, Syracuse etc and thinks traffic is bad has no idea ! Try 8 lanes through Atlanta at either 80 mph or stop and go for hours …. Even Chattanooga had bad traffic with off ramps backed up for miles . Nothing like your gps saying “ stay in the five left lanes .” 

Theres so many moving down south , there’s cranes everywhere, new roads, bridges and housing going up mile after mile .

The many gun shops and Walmart’s in several states, showed they don’t have anymore ammo then we do , with prices To match .

Nashville isn’t what it was as little as 25 years ago when I walked into Toosies Orchid lounge  got a beer and watched  the band in the little corner stage . A place where careers were made . Today’s Nashville has all the soul of Applebee’s, with the crowds of Disney world  , all these bars with “ stars “ names on the marquee are all the same cookie cutter tourists traps . I have no desire to return .

My wife loses her sunglasses a lot, I bought her a $250 pair for the trip, lost three times found two, we believe they are at my nephews lake house, he’ll check this weekend .

$400 dollar bottles of bourbon are fun to drink when I didn’t have to buy them .

Next year I invoke the Chuck rule , named after my bil, who won’t pick up guests at the airport , I put on 5 hundred miles doing that ! As some flew into the cheapest airports even if it was an hour and a half each way .

In fact we may fly  and Uber when and if needed next year , guest are on their own .

Its amazing how many places are 1000% growing and prospering where just about any NY city is a dump. NY is dying a slow death!