The Nomads Southern tour ‘22 !

Nomad

So I walk out this morning and they’re spraying the three story behind us , but it’s 25mph winds, my car is all over spray ,along with others in our eight car lot .

I walk over, no speeky English …. But one gets what’s going on , he hands me a bottle of spray cleaner ha ha . Call your boss , get the boss on the horn , oh he’ll pay, take it to a detailer um no, I’m not wasting my last beach day doing that.

I go back multiple cars with over spray, I call my body shop at home he says doesn’t matter if I do it now or at home ,that’s good, and $400 at the most .

So we now call our condo owner , who responds as his building has over spray to, I call the “ boss “ back and say he needs to get here ASAP as they’re multiple cars damaged , he says two hours  which is soon .

So here I sit , I know one thing he better bring his wallet or check book, my next call is to code enforcement and the building dept. maybe ICE .

Edited by Nomad
  • Sad 1

Every place is short staffed here , $18 an hour plus tips to scoop ice cream. 
2A84F5A8-1641-4722-A3D4-E4F29620AD09.thumb.jpeg.bc93c27f14e9ca8b6e2de23ea1290f7c.jpeg
This is my retirement plan. PT job like this a couple of days a week. Being the nice old guy that scoops ice cream or cleans your golf clubs and gets a cart. With the new range of wages it's decent for a 2 day job. That of course hoping inflation changes by then .....

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This is my retirement plan. PT job like this a couple of days a week. Being the nice old guy that scoops ice cream or cleans your golf clubs and gets a cart. With the new range of wages it's decent for a 2 day job. That of course hoping inflation changes by then .....

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I know a retired cop who works at Oak Hill CC a couple days a week , gets clubs for members out of a locker room or something and maybe carts ? He says he gets his steps in , plays free on Mondays . 

Pouring here in Fla. and tornado warnings for a bit . 

• Like 1

When it rains go shopping ! Gun shop , they had sales reps there, free food, stickers, gun oil . Told a guy we were from out of state and checking out the shop, he went and got us 6 patches . Oh and a free drawing for a Ruger PC 9 ! 

lots of ammo, prices same if not more then home . Picked up some mags for someone down here …..

0E541961-7913-49D3-89C2-9FE7207E0DCC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Moved on to Northport , my wife’s friends mobile home park . She’s on her last day of restrictions from open heart surgery.

When we got here she said Larry if you don’t mind could you wash my car it’s filthy. I said we stopped on the way to buy car soap . 

I always wash her car when we stop .

I much prefer mobile home parks to condos , your own grass, covered car port , work shed just step outside .

This one is on a river with boat ramp kayak rack, pool , tennis , pickle ball rec center .

its off a busy road yet dead silence in here , although restaurants and stores minutes away .

I may have to dig up a coffee can 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 4:59 PM, Nomad said:

Moved on to Northport , my wife’s friends mobile home park . She’s on her last day of restrictions from open heart surgery.

When we got here she said Larry if you don’t mind could you wash my car it’s filthy. I said we stopped on the way to buy car soap . 

I always wash her car when we stop .

I much prefer mobile home parks to condos , your own grass, covered car port , work shed just step outside .

This one is on a river with boat ramp kayak rack, pool , tennis , pickle ball rec center .

its off a busy road yet dead silence in here , although restaurants and stores minutes away .

I may have to dig up a coffee can 

Was it Harbor Cove...off 41? Curious..

6 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Was it Harbor Cove...off 41? Curious..

Well right off tamiami , but a few are there though might have been something Isle, it has River excess . There’s one right behind it and another almost nextdoor . That’s all I gots .

22 hours ago, Nomad said:

Well right off tamiami , but a few are there though might have been something Isle, it has River excess . There’s one right behind it and another almost nextdoor . That’s all I gots .

You were at Harbor Isles. we were next door at Harbor Cove...Trailor life not my cup of tea, but the wife wanted Florida and i sacrificed deer hunting this past year. That left hand turn out onto Tamiami is a nightmare. Couple people got killed day after thanksgiving...sad. 

• Like 1

Made it to Atlanta crazy weather on the way . Stopped just short to avoid the nightmare traffic at rush hour … will blow through it early sat. Morning .

The town here is a Zoo, 4 lane roads weird intersections, had to hunt for a room , first place $407 a night, others no rooms ,Super 8 ( normally I would be never stay there ) the parking lot had people sitting in chairs ,and what looked liked living in cars …

now I’m pissed and road worn , almost got in an accident… next hotel $418 a night jumped on it !!!  

Seems theres some hillbilly car race this weekend and all the rooms are booked and jacked up .

Nice rib eye dinner , and found a great bar on walk back . Nashville tomorrow.

89B4C708-2FCC-46A7-9815-C8F3325AA289.jpeg

23E05A66-1BDB-440F-8C54-6B335D5DADB7.jpeg

D06BD157-200B-459E-B057-441AB218CE81.jpeg

5464697A-D041-4DDD-AE01-3D686E1728B6.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Nomad said:

Made it to Atlanta crazy weather on the way . Stopped just short to avoid the nightmare traffic at rush hour … will blow through it early sat. Morning .

The town here is a Zoo, 4 lane roads weird intersections, had to hunt for a room , first place $407 a night, others no rooms ,Super 8 ( normally I would be never stay there ) the parking lot had people sitting in chairs ,and what looked liked living in cars …

now I’m pissed and road worn , almost got in an accident… next hotel $418 a night jumped on it !!!  

Seems theres some hillbilly car race this weekend and all the rooms are booked and jacked up .

Nice rib eye dinner , and found a great bar on walk back . Nashville tomorrow.

89B4C708-2FCC-46A7-9815-C8F3325AA289.jpeg

23E05A66-1BDB-440F-8C54-6B335D5DADB7.jpeg

D06BD157-200B-459E-B057-441AB218CE81.jpeg

5464697A-D041-4DDD-AE01-3D686E1728B6.jpeg

No genny on tap ?