Don't know what to do?

First-light

The problem is if your family doesn't come thru, your friend could potentially get a bad taste, find a new investment and walk away. Now your back to square one and missed out on sure thing cash deal. Don't screw yourself, go with who gives best offer and can close faster. This is business and your livelihood,  your family should understand.  It's not like it's one of your kids, that's different.

• Like 1

Man you all make good points here. I'll miss the great pizza! I really feel I should go with my best friend. I just don't want to screw up a relationship. They have a week to decide. I have sold probably 7 houses on the Island. Flipped most of them. I said this last one goes towards my upstate retirement. Friend is a sure deal Niece is not. I know I'm answering my own question but she is family. FML

7 hours ago, First-light said:

This is what I told my brother a little while ago. I called my friend and told him the deal. He was disappointed but understood. I need a plan from them for sure. They have until next week. My friend is buying this as an investment. Thanks all. 

Where on the island. I could be interested if already not confusing enough…

I never sell a large ticket item to a friend or relative. Ever. Anything that goes wrong with the place for the next 5 years will be your fault and you’ll hear about it. It’s not worth the headache in the end. 

If I was in your shoes, I’d put it on the market and not sell it to either of them. 

Just my take on it. 

• Like 3

Sell to an unknown lol .I sold a nice BMW to my nephew ,well under the going price ,by thousands .I still heard about any issues that came about .Matter of fact ,I won’t ever sell something or do any work for friends or family again .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

That's just the hole in the ground and a couple inches of concrete......you can't walk away with something nice for under 60.....and you have to wait a minimum of 2 years to boot nowadays.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yea ,that was the price without full concrete around it .I have concrete connections so that wasn’t a big deal .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Inground pool for $36K? It’s not 1987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

That’s the cost around here for a decent size .

yep buddy just put one in  a few years ago, not Olympic size or anything but a nice size with a deep end for roughly that. Of course the patio, fence, landscaping all that isn't included. 

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

yep buddy just put one in  a few years ago, not Olympic size or anything but a nice size with a deep end for roughly that. Of course the patio, fence, landscaping all that isn't included. 

Yea I was thinking all in number and $36K sounded like an above ground. i've seen quotes in the $100-$200K for nothing special all-in

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I was thinking all in number and $36K sounded like an above ground. i've seen quotes in the $100-$200K for nothing special all-in

in your neck of the woods a hot dog is $20 so that doesn't surprise me haha

57 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

For 36k? 

it was in the 30's he said, but this was also right before covid. 

36 minutes ago, Belo said:

in your neck of the woods a hot dog is $20 so that doesn't surprise me haha

it was in the 30's he said, but this was also right before covid. 

That’s what I’m going off of from a few prices I got before all this as well .This is for 22.

808D7995-11B6-44DA-B312-852BB8CD53FC.png