Wind mills on Lake Erie

farmer 52

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

Anyone who thinks  having these windmills in the lake need their damn head examined .Problem is ,people who have no idea about them are “ok”with it .Give me fracking any day .

I’m not in favor of wind mills in any waterway. But I have seen the effects of fracking. I would not want fracking anywhere near where I hunt or live. 

Does anyone drive through Bath NY at all? There's a huge pile of "deceased" Wind mill turbines and "blades" laying along 86 right next door to the State Trooper Barracks. At T&R Towing and HAzMat.. ITs an eye sore and they've been there for a long a$$ time.. wind mills is not the answer, and these haven't been up and erected in use for that long in our area... 

Its an ugly ugly site to see..  

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, farmer 52 said:

Yes,there is also a huge solar farm going in on the Elma,Marilla border.Wondering how all the neighbors that border this mess are going to cope with it.

Bullis near Townline? 

Also regarding the solar farms. They just wiped out a decent section of woods in Depew to put one up as well. How does destroying the environment to save the environment make any sense?  

Bullis near Townline? 
Also regarding the solar farms. They just wiped out a decent section of woods in Depew to put one up as well. How does destroying the environment to save the environment make any sense?  

The power transfer station is in Elma,just west of Town Line rd,solar farm just east of Town Line road on Bullis road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Tell me real life experience you have with fracking ?

Grandparents lived in St. Mary’s PA. Owned a dairy farm. There neighbors agreed to have fracking down on there property. The “retention ponds” they build become drinking water for wildlife. They started seeing everything from dead squirrels and rabbits to dead deer in their property.   Trucks running up and down the road 24/7. Sounds of all the equipment running 24/7. Both grandparents passed away in 2015 and the farm was sold. Haven’t been back since. I don’t know all the “benefits” of fracking. But with all the noise and traffic it creates I would not want it on my land or near where I live. My opinion. 

4 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Grandparents lived in St. Mary’s PA. Owned a dairy farm. There neighbors agreed to have fracking down on there property. The “retention ponds” they build become drinking water for wildlife. They started seeing everything from dead squirrels and rabbits to dead deer in their property.   Trucks running up and down the road 24/7. Sounds of all the equipment running 24/7. Both grandparents passed away in 2015 and the farm was sold. Haven’t been back since. I don’t know all the “benefits” of fracking. But with all the noise and traffic it creates I would not want it on my land or near where I live. My opinion. 

And looking at windmills on a nice lakefront is any more serene? In the water no less .they ruined Wyoming county in my eyes .The scenery was great riding down 20a .Now , it’s horrible .

Theres a reason why they put a lot of the windmills in California in the desert ,so the rich people don’t have to look at them .The dead animals all over the place is a bit of a stretch .

Edited by WNYTRPR

34 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

The power transfer station is in Elma,just west of Town Line rd,solar farm just east of Town Line road on Bullis road

I was kinda afraid that's what was going on when they started to clear the land. I haven't been that way in a while to see any progress. 

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

And looking at windmills on a nice lakefront is any more serene? In the water no less .they ruined Wyoming county in my eyes .The scenery was great riding down 20a .Now , it’s horrible .

Theres a reason why they put a lot of the windmills in California in the desert ,so the rich people don’t have to look at them .The dead animals all over the place is a bit of a stretch .

I never said windmills on a lakefront is any more serene. Or even a good idea. No matter where they are put

I was kinda afraid that's what was going on when they started to clear the land. I haven't been that way in a while to see any progress. 

They are moving right along,I don’t know completion date,but there sure is a lot of construction traffic and Tractor Trailer traffic in and out.

6 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I never said windmills on a lakefront is any more serene. Or even a good idea. No matter where they are put

Gas and oil industry puts food in my kids mouth ,and allows me to waste so much money on my outdoor adventures.It’s funny because my Wife works for the opposite competitor 

Edited by WNYTRPR

5 hours ago, farmer 52 said:

"Citizens against wind turbines in lake erie",is the website containing the most pertinint information.

I don’t see a website for them.  Only a Facebook page when I do a google search and tons of articles related to this.  Don’t have Facebook so I can’t even look at that unless I sign up. Not doing that just  so I can read what they have on Facebook 

Edited by boo711

I don’t see a website for them.  Only a Facebook page when I do a google search and tons of articles related to this.  Don’t have Facebook so I can’t even look at that unless I sign up. Not doing that just  so I can read what they have on Facebook 

I don’t think they have anything besides Facebook,but there is plenty of info out there about all the negative effects of these wind farms

I had some flagpole foundations that I needed to pour in Dunkirk back in late November I had trouble getting concrete everyone was booked up for months with pouring for the new windmills.  It's unfortunate but probably way to late to stop this project.

29 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Really?  Up here they seem to have to totally fence everything in. Not that they don’t jump the 4ft fence. 

Alot of the fields are fenced but there is a bunch of cut grass and golden rod around them. Like the perimeter is 30ft. Wide at least plus roadways. 

1 hour ago, Red said:

I had some flagpole foundations that I needed to pour in Dunkirk back in late November I had trouble getting concrete everyone was booked up for months with pouring for the new windmills.  It's unfortunate but probably way to late to stop this project.

https://www.edpr.com/north-america/arkwright-summit-wind-farm

This is probably the job they were working on.The new farm is planned for in the lake waters.