So looking for a bigger house at 62 ?

luberhill

So we have lived ( wife and me ) in a 1300 sf ranch on a half acre for 35 yrs ..

Now we are looking for a 2000 sf ranch or two story on a bigger lot ..

Seems like we are doing the opposite of wait people our age do .

Im sick of neighbors :)

Id love to find a 2000 st ranch on a 25 acre lot in the Fingerlakes area ..

I know we are going to have to pay up and I’m fine with that..

We have no kids so I figure we may as well blow some cash instead of leaving it to someone :)

This market is stupid right now 

• Like 2

Just now, GreeneHunter said:

25 Acres is a nice size to retire to !   I would hesitate with the two story though and even stay away from a Ranch with a basement . Everything on one level is planning for when stairs are a challenge ! Just my old guy ( which I am)  opinion !

Maybe a single wide with a roll up ramp?

4 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

25 Acres is a nice size to retire to !   I would hesitate with the two story though and even stay away from a Ranch with a basement . Everything on one level is planning for when stairs are a challenge ! Just my old guy ( which I am)  opinion !

Trouble is finding something , really don’t want to build . We saved a nice amount and I’d rather spend it than leave it :)

So we have lived ( wife and me ) in a 1300 sf ranch on a half acre for 35 yrs ..
Now we are looking for a 2000 sf ranch or two story on a bigger lot ..
Seems like we are doing the opposite of wait people our age do .
Im sick of neighbors
Id love to find a 2000 st ranch on a 25 acre lot in the Fingerlakes area ..
I know we are going to have to pay up and I’m fine with that..
We have no kids so I figure we may as well blow some cash instead of leaving it to someone
This market is stupid right now 

F It! Go big! Buy a Finger Lakes vineyard! Shoot monster bucks and drink copious amounts of red wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Be sure you’re physically able to take care of the property .believe it or not ,work adds up quick with 25 acres and a house on it .

Yea I am now but if I croak … well she could sell it

I guess a couple acres would be ok in a nice area ..

Then I could buy some hunting land with cabin 

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea I am now but if I croak … well she could sell it

I guess a couple acres would be ok in a nice area ..

Then I could buy some hunting land with cabin 

How about this one..includes rental income

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/400-Dunham-Rd-Waterloo-NY-13165/223382347_zpid/

3 minutes ago, Tikka said:

After seeing the price of the biz house this House on 81 ac seems like a deal.    I'm always looking myself but never have enough money for a dream property like this one. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6630-Sonyea-Rd-Mount-Morris-NY-14510/124239404_zpid/?utm_campaign=androidappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Biz's house is a great deal.Went to almost 4000 sqf worth all of what he's paying. Got what he wanted. Plus wife gets new furniture lol jk biz! Congrats. I'm looking in st Simons island and hard to find a house below 500k condos run around 250k 2 b 2 b. Need at least 3 but hate hoa lol.

3 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Biz's house is a great deal.Went to almost 4000 sqf worth all of what he's paying. Got what he wanted. Plus wife gets new furniture lol jk biz! Congrats. I'm looking in st Simons island and hard to find a house below 500k condos run around 250k 2 b 2 b. Need at least 3 but hate hoa lol.

The market is nuts ! Houses selling in one day for 100k over assessed value 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, luberhill said:

The market is nuts ! Houses selling in one day for 100k over assessed value 

Yea I bought my house 6 years ago for 136k and am putting on market for 250 to 300 k. 4 bed 1 and half bath 2 car garage 2 porches 16x18 deck 30ft above ground pool. 2 12x12 out buildings on saranac river. Plus on a main rte.