Walmart camo

5 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

Maybe your Walmart has a better selection.  The Cicero one has had a very lackluster hunting department this past season.  There wasn’t much in the way of clothing….or anything else.

Not a great selection but was able to get some stuff he will out grow in a year or 2 cheap. 

I buy my gloves there. Can't remember the brand name, the the model is "Battalion" 100 gram insulation. The most grams I have seen for about $20 bucks a pair on their sale price. They last quite a long time and with a hand warmer in them on the coldest days they work for me.

• Like 1

I may run up to Lockport today and check out Walmart.  I got a “Scent factor” camo jacket there a few years ago, that I really like, and it was cheap.  I am also out of brown thread, for tying bucktail jigs, and that is usually the cheapest place to find that.  

The only hunting item, I could really use, is a few pair of light camo gloves.  I will definitely check out their ice fishing stuff , and probably maybe hit Runnings also.  My main stop will be Home Depot, for electric supplies to wire my shop.  

E110D8C5-0160-42DC-9CE8-C082D2E178BE.thumb.jpeg.e03df0f02bb0c2ee1e6e7f5d785b97a5.jpeg

The only camo, left on the Lockport Walmart rack today, was a size small jacket.  I got a good deal on hot-hands, brown thread and light bulbs.  They had 4-packs of 60 watt equivalent LED’s for  $ .97.   Home Depot had most of the other electrical stuff that I needed, so it wasn’t a wasted trip.  

46 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The only camo, left on the Lockport Walmart rack today, was a size small jacket.  I got a good deal on hot-hands, brown thread and light bulbs.  They had 4-packs of 60 watt equivalent LED’s for  $ .97.   Home Depot had most of the other electrical stuff that I needed, so it wasn’t a wasted trip.  

I stopped in Johnson's Country Store today, I don't think I've been in in a year or so.  I first shopped there in 1979 and hope someday it it can return to the way it once was but I doubt it will.  It's a shame to think of what used to be for gun shopping stores. 

Sorry for the rant/side track.  :)

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

I stopped in Johnson's Country Store today, I don't think I've been in in a year or so.  I first shopped there in 1979 and hope someday it it can return to the way it once was but I doubt it will.  It's a shame to think of what used to be for gun shopping stores. 

Sorry for the rant/side track.  :)

I have done a lot of business there over the years.  That’s where I took grandpa’s old Ithaca 16 gauge model 37, back in 1982, and had this 1.5 Weaver put on it.  I paid for that work with money made on muskrat hides.  This combo has killed every deer that I have shot it at.  If you check a recent post or two, you may find a pic of the buck that I killed with it last year.  

Most recently (maybe 2 years ago), I traded them my old Ruger .22/250 for a Marlin 336BL 30/30. I have yet to fire that at a deer.  I have been doing just as well on the chucks with my Ruger 10/22, only now they sometimes make it back to the hole.  They threw in a couple boxes of 30/30 bullets with the trade deal. 
A7A5E022-D29B-43AA-8863-E0E2F1707025.thumb.jpeg.1fa078af9a3a8086c81536ae4348500b.jpeg