Muck Boots bottom seperation

Bought my insulated muck boots about 3 years ago. Only wore them hunting/walking to stand. No heavy use. Maybe has 25 times out in the field and the bottom of 1 boot is seperating. Ugh time to find a new boot company but will aquaseal it in the meantime. Is there any quality left in products today? 

Just now, Otto said:

Two words for you:  DRY SHOD.   I like my Dry Shods much better than my Mucks, and I loved my Mucks (10+ years old and going strong except for the holes in the neoprene upper from walking in cut up marshes.) 

I was thinking about getting another pair, maybe cooler ones for summer

7 minutes ago, Paula said:

I was thinking about getting another pair, maybe cooler ones for summer

I don’t have any of their other models, but they seem to have a great selection.  I see them stocked in local hardware stores, like Ace or True Value.  It’s always better to try things on if possible.  And support a local small business owner. 

• Like 1

thanks for the suggestions but went with these - got good website reviews and amazon reviews and the price was right - about a third of famous brand name types ($88 delivered size 8) with savings code)

TIDEWE 800g Insulated Hunting Boots for Men, Waterproof Warm Rubber Bo – TideWe

how bad could they be compared to the ones I complained about (thinking positive) can't be without my rubber boots.

^^^ and if you happen to have wide feet or a high arch, the fit is horrible.

Had an old pair of Much boots that the sole separated from the boot's body. FYI - boot is still waterproof w/o a sole. just a little thin and prone to puncture. Goop marine adhesive was used to reapply the separated sole on my boots.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Overtkill said:

I am happy with my tidewe.  They are true to size and comfortable. I have got large calves and no issue on or off.

I bought a pair and when I recieved them I wasnt happy with the tread depth (lack of) .Those cheap pricks dont take returns ,I forget how much they wanted to whack me to return them. I gave them to my dad to wear while he pics up dog crap.

I've owned at least a dozen pairs of Mucks, insulated, early fall, steel toe, and for years they were my go-to. Generally, the soles lasted well past when I'd tore the neoprene to shreds...which I repaired with rod building epoxy, lol.

But the last four pair have all separated at the sole, and unfortunately for me, were no longer waterproof. Yes, I repaired them with Shoe Goo, but should I have to after two seasons of moderate use? Quality has greatly diminished lately. 

And so I've moved to Dry Shod. So far, so good, but this is my first winter in them. Surprisingly less bulky than Muck, but no less warm IMHO.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, WNYTRPR said:

Here’s what I have within reach .not counting the boxes of new and used I have in storage .Muck,baffin,and lacrosse 36834B03-AF38-4F0B-9807-19B2D1BE6788.thumb.jpeg.2b483f6287deebfb8adc6bf3ace6f20c.jpeg

Any new ones sitting in a box, size 10.5 or 11...that you selling under the table...lol

j/k or am i :) 

Edited by suburbanfarmer