My New Ram Truck

NYBowhunter

12 minutes ago, boo711 said:

What kind of tonneau cover did you get??  After having numerous trucks with a Downy cover my current truck came with a tri-fold one. Love it. So much easier than having to put all those snaps in place. Especially when it was cold. Don’t have that problem now

I had a trifold soft cover on my Ranger and loved it, was so easy to take on and off or just fold back, went with same for the ram only difference is it folds 4 times (larger bed).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Lease. No liner, I have a heavy duty bed matt and a tourneau cover is ordered.

So when u lease , do you still try to get a discount off sticker ? I get the Supplier discount so I wonder if they use that price , like I’m buying , and then calculate the lease payment ??

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

So when u lease , do you still try to get a discount off sticker ? I get the Supplier discount so I wonder if they use that price , like I’m buying , and then calculate the lease payment ??

I’m not him but yes,you can still negotiate price .

• Like 1

Well the way the market is there's not much new inventory out there especially if your looking for select colors, trims etc... but then again I didn't want to haggle the price on the Ram considering  we are in a  unique market and I made out real good on my old lease.  Being i had  more then 4 months remaining on my Rangers lease term i was able to  capitalize on lease equity and walk away with a pretty penny in my pocket. In a typical market you would ride out the old lease term and then go into new lease and not see any equity. But with the used car market the way it is and if you time it correctly there's money to be made on leases. 

I put zero down on the Ram, 1st month  along with taxes and registration  were  included in my monthly. Also got a full tank of gas and  couple cups of coffee .lol..drove 4 hours to the dealer (close to the cabin so passed by there on way home to check on things), picked up truck, signed some papers and they handed me a nice check . I was able to complete 90% of this transaction over the phone, sign and drive at its best. 

2 hours ago, luberhill said:

I get employee pricing and that is usually 3-5% below dealer cost. That price is right on the invoice the dealer gets. Ask to see it. If supplier discount is the same as employee pricing you are well below sticker. That price is good for lease or if you are buying. Also if supplier discount is same as employee discount they can not charge you the “destination charge”.   I’m not sure if they are offering any rebates but they will get applied from the employee price. 

58 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I get employee pricing and that is usually 3-5% below dealer cost. That price is right on the invoice the dealer gets. Ask to see it. If supplier discount is the same as employee pricing you are well below sticker. That price is good for lease or if you are buying. Also if supplier discount is same as employee discount they can not charge you the “destination charge”.   I’m not sure if they are offering any rebates but they will get applied from the employee price. 

Yup it’s the same , there is like a 200.00 fee of some sort but it cuts the haggling for sure

Once a few years ago on a leftover I actually got better than x plan on a F150

11 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yup it’s the same , there is like a 200.00 fee of some sort but it cuts the haggling for sure

Once a few years ago on a leftover I actually got better than x plan on a F150

Yes definitely takes away all the haggling. I, nor any any of my family have ever been charged a fee for employee pricing.  And we have bought plenty of Dodge & Jeep vehicles. Not sure what that is all about

5 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

I had a trifold soft cover on my Ranger and loved it, was so easy to take on and off or just fold back, went with same for the ram only difference is it folds 4 times (larger bed).

You got the same one I ordered from the sounds of it. I ordered it from Amazon. I’m going with a drop in bedliner. Ordered it last week and it should be in pretty soon. Cost me less than the tonneau did. 

41 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You got the same one I ordered from the sounds of it. I ordered it from Amazon. I’m going with a drop in bedliner. Ordered it last week and it should be in pretty soon. Cost me less than the tonneau did. 

Yeah it's probably the same one, I found it cheaper on ebay and ordered from there. I might have to check out that bedliner.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Yeah it's probably the same one, I found it cheaper on ebay and ordered from there. I might have to check out that bedliner.

The bedliner I ordered from a local guy. It’s a duraliner, so if you have anyone near you that deals in them, you should be able to get it for $100-$150 less than at a dealer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, boo711 said:

Yes definitely takes away all the haggling. I, nor any any of my family have ever been charged a fee for employee pricing.  And we have bought plenty of Dodge & Jeep vehicles. Not sure what that is all about

This is the fee I was taking about , I heard this year it’s higher ??

its still a great program 

DDF7448B-3183-4A15-8C9B-1261E5C59200.jpeg

Edited by luberhill

I have never paid that fee. Unless it has been “hidden” in the paperwork and not brought to my attention. Last vehicle I got was a 2021 Jeep for my daughter. I’ll have the wife dig out the paperwork on it and see if she can find anything. Even with the $200 fee no way you can beat the price with the employee discount. I’ll text the sales person I deal with and ask her if we have been charged it in the past and if it is going up and see what she has to say. 

Edited by boo711

Just talked to the sales lady I deal with. She said they do not charge an administrative fee. The friends and family discount was discontinued for a bit but is back now. Due to the vehicle shortage she said some dealers will not honor the employee pricing or the friends & family discount. There dealership is honoring them as long as someone has a valid control #. EDIT. She just sent me another text saying that $200 is profit for the dealer. There is no administrative fee. 

Edited by boo711

28 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I have never paid that fee. Unless it has been “hidden” in the paperwork and not brought to my attention. Last vehicle I got was a 2021 Jeep for my daughter. I’ll have the wife dig out the paperwork on it and see if she can find anything. Even with the $200 fee no way you can beat the price with the employee discount. I’ll text the sales person I deal with and ask her if we have been charged it in the past and if it is going up and see what she has to say. 

I never noticed it either, I’ll go look on my 2021 Jeep paperwork. As you said it may be buried ..

Agree it’s still a great deal and no haggling !!

18 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Just talked to the sales lady I deal with. She said they do not charge an administrative fee. The friends and family discount was discontinued for a bit but is back now. Due to the vehicle shortage she said some dealers will not honor the employee pricing or the friends & family discount. There dealership is honoring them as long as someone has a valid control #. EDIT. She just sent me another text saying that $200 is profit for the dealer. There is no administrative fee. 

Ahhh is your dealer near Syracuse ?

I got my last Chrysler in Rome ..they treated me great 

3 hours ago, luberhill said:

Longley Bros ? I bought a truck from them years ago.

They have a good reputation !

Yes Longley. Small. Not one of the huge dealerships. No pressure. Can walk around the lot to look and not get hassled by a salesperson after only being there for 2 minutes