Are used ATV prices as bad as trucks?

I have a 2018 can am outlander max 1000r.   Basically the top of the line 4wheeler made by can am in 2018.   Very low miles and hours because I mostly use it for hunting and hunting related stuff. I broke the wheel well plastic in year one clearing trails and just decided to replace it since otherwise it’s in like new condition (when I wash her).  Just checked used values on blue book and Nada and both suggest average retail is around $14,400.   I only paid 15,3xx 3 years ago.  Are prices really that high now or is this off base?   Curious more than anything as I don’t plan on letting it go.  

Edited by moog5050

I know someone who bought a 24' surf boat new last year....maybe it was a Chaparral.....well she is turning it in for a 30,000 profit and ordering a new one which will take over a year a year to get. She plans on either just using her pontoon this summer while they wait.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I know someone who bought a 24' surf boat new last year....maybe it was a Chaparral.....well she is turning it in for a 30,000 profit and ordering a new one which will take over a year a year to get. She plans on either just using her pontoon this summer while they wait.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Robby said:

I don't know moog, I plan on being buried with my Can-Am Outlander! Hands down the nicest all around ATV I have ever driven!

Robby

Ha.   It’s the only ATV I ever owned but I have no complaints.  Plenty of room and power and haven’t had a hiccup with it in 3 years (other than getting it stuck once).  Lol. 

• Like 1

It’s like a anything else, new ones cost more to make it makes used one worth more. That mixed with limited supply and it makes for a sellers market!

I have 100$ down payments at 12 can am dealers waiting for a specific package 1000. I started my search in April, still haven’t bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold one of our atv’s over the summer a 01 kodiak 400 . I had it listed for $2800, bought it for $1900 back 6 years ago and had about 4-$500 in to it with tires and a few mods. Figured I would get 25- $2600 . I listed it and had a guy call me that morning from down by Carlisle P.A. said he would be up that night , I had 5 others call and told them what number they were in call order . Guy showed  up that night and he didn’t even try to talk me down said it was a great price from what he’s been seeing . Called the others and a few said that was a great deal . I’m on a few atv forums and guys are complaining about dealers not budging a dollar from msrp. 

Edited by rob-c

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wow gramps, you're falling right into place down there.  :)

Lol ,  I never much cared for the place , the more I go the better I like it . Over 30 square miles, 30 golf courses, and over 3000 clubs, trap, skeet, archery, pistol, anycard game you can name , drone, model boat, wood working , any sport you can think of , polo ? Yep .

sister went to line dancing in the morning, then golf , happy hour at 4:30 at the neighbors with 14 others , then dinner . It’s non stop .

Oh and it was sunny all day .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, land 1 said:

i still think in a 2 years or so u will see the used prices drop as supply catches up with demand and peope who bought boats , atv etc on a whim during covid get rid of whatever they dont use

Agree 100% I think we’re in for mass sell off of toys as the reality will set in that they don’t want the payment and really don’t use it . 

57 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Lol ,  I never much cared for the place , the more I go the better I like it . Over 30 square miles, 30 golf courses, and over 3000 clubs, trap, skeet, archery, pistol, anycard game you can name , drone, model boat, wood working , any sport you can think of , polo ? Yep .

sister went to line dancing in the morning, then golf , happy hour at 4:30 at the neighbors with 14 others , then dinner . It’s non stop .

Oh and it was sunny all day .

Two thoughts came to mind tonight as my wife and I got ready to go out for dinner that have NEVER crossed my mind; the first being, I wonder if anyone would know I had long johns on at supper and if so, maybe a pair of fleece lined jeans isn't the worst idea. 

Maybe a golf cart in the Villages isn't the worst idea.  Have fun Larry!